By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Emily Rogers: Splatoon, Mario Kart, And Zelda For Nintendo Switch Will All Be Enhanced Ports

Makes sense, considering the biggest barrier to buying those games for most people was the Wii U. 

P.S. I'm not sayig they didn't sell well, Splatoon and Mario Kart certainly did (and Zelda isn't out yet) just that they could likely sell a significant bit more if they end up on a more successful product units-wise. 

Around the Network

Makes sense for them, but I can't picture myself buying the new tablet to play ports of games that I already own/can buy on Wii U, hopefully they'll have more to show next year.

: T I was hoping the Splatoon one was actually Spla2n. I would buy that in a heartbeat for the console. I hate double dipping, and character customization would be tempting to buy it again. Show me a twintail option and Ninten's got a sucker buying it again.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I hope they plan on making new games for the series... When I heard Kimishima say they're prepping to make sure games are there, I didn't think he'd mean a slew of ports...

Oh God...I really hope that they didn't abandon the Wii U just so they could prepare a whole bunch of ports for the Switch.

Around the Network

Ah HA! Even Nintendo couldn't resist the temptation of last gen ports, it's easy money.

But yeah, hopefully they make it worth buying it again and no more than $40.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

I see a lot of people suggesting Nintendo release these ports at a reduced price.

But, I mean, we're talking about Nintendo. Most of these games are still full price on the Wii U. Why would Nintendo suddenly stop being Nintendo?

Snake for Smash, pls.

If they launch the Switch with mostly "enhanced ports" of Wii U games, it won't make things easier for the console...

Eagle367 said:
KLXVER said:
Meh, I hate companies ditching BC and then making you buy games less than 5 years old and slightly upgraded. They better not be more than like 30 bucks.

You mean now that nintendo has finally done it, every console developer. so you loved only Nintendo before and now you hate all of em?

Finally Nintendo started remaking titles a long time ago. Starting with super Mario 64 on DS. They pretty much invented it in a way. During the Wii U era there was a remaster of Zelda TP and an enhanced version of TP if I remember correctly. If they release for remasters in one year Nintendo outperforms even Sony with remasters.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar