By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Developers Respond to Nintendo Switch

The Rumoured specs will kill third party support from certain developers/publishers in the long run... soon we'll be at the stage where games barely run on the OG PS4, never mind the Switch.

Bioware, Bethesda, Rockstar. Developers like this won't stick around long if the device only has 4gb of ram as rumoured.

The Switch will definitely get better third party support than the WiiU though, but I certainly expect it to die down after the initial year or two.

Around the Network

The 2K and Bethseda reponses are very similar indeed.... I wonder why!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Barkley said:
The Rumoured specs will kill third party support from certain developers/publishers in the long run... soon we'll be at the stage where games barely run on the OG PS4, never mind the Switch.

Bioware, Bethesda, Rockstar. Developers like this won't stick around long if the device only has 4gb of ram as rumoured.

The Switch will definitely get better third party support than the WiiU though, but I certainly expect it to die down after the initial year or two.

I don't think its support will die down, but I expect western companies to not bring their massive games to the system. Sure, they will port as many last gen games as they can, but probably won't bother with titles that really need muscle. That doesn't mean titles like the CoDs, the FIFAs and the ACs of the world won't come, they are made with so many configurations in mind it would be dumb not just port them. I think the bulk of the console's 3rd party is going to be japanese companies. This thing is going to dominate the handheld market, specially once the 3DS and the Vita are discontinued, and that would leave it in a position of monopoly (on a reduced market, but monopoly nonetheless). If a japanese game can fit on it, it will be ported.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:

I don't think its support will die down, but I expect western companies to not bring their massive games to the system. Sure, they will port as many last gen games as they can, but probably won't bother with titles that really need muscle. That doesn't mean titles like the CoDs, the FIFAs and the ACs of the world won't come, they are made with so many configurations in mind it would be dumb not just port them. I think the bulk of the console's 3rd party is going to be japanese companies. This thing is going to dominate the handheld market, specially once the 3DS and the Vita are discontinued, and that would leave it in a position of monopoly (on a reduced market, but monopoly nonetheless). If a japanese game can fit on it, it will be ported.

That's exactly what I meant when I said die down :P

The big hitters that use the most power (Witcher 3, Fallout, Mass Effect, GTA) and games of the sort will drop the Switch fairly quickly. But yeah the other games and developers that aren't quite as power hungry should see support on the Switch, and of course Japanese support will be very strong.

Agree with all you say.

Gonna be very interesting to see how this all pans out. I'm expecting support from the usual suspects (Square/Ubi/Bamco), wonder how many more will stay the course now it's a homeconsolehandheld.

Around the Network
Boberkun said:
Miyamotoo said:

Ofcourse it is, just look reactions on Switch, Switch seems very cool and interesting, something totaly new and difrent on market.

Yeah, I looked and saw tons of idiots, who hyped by that thing without clear reasons.

Miyamotoo said:

Almost nothing yet is confirmed or announced for Switch despite all confirmed partnership and support for Switch, its obvious Nintendo is holding all announcements for full Switch reveal.

Smells like Wii U in 2012. Oh wait...

Miyamotoo said:

Switch is definitely more powerful than Wii U (its assumed around 3x more powerful)

Source? I believe it's slightly powerful than Wii U, not more.

You're bringing me down, man. Why so much negativity?

Good news so far, as long as they don't drop out, then that will be great

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

I JUST NEED FROM TO BRING ME DARK SOULS TRILOGY 'o___O

Mass Effect Andromeda would be nice too. And, of course, I expect Capcom to announce Monster hunter V soon... (For Switch, of course).

Lawlight said:
Why are there non-devs on that logo picture?

Middleware. Was growing more and more important for gaming in the last years. Epic confirms Unreal4 for Switch in above comments, Unity also their engine. Havok and Autodesc you can assume also that the tools will support Switch.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Why is Nintendo enforcing developer silence at this point? And why is Just Dance exempt?

Perhaps these "partnerships" are more along the lines of:

Nintendo - "Will you agree to be on our 'Partnership' board for the reveal and maybe think about putting some games on the system later? Reggie will bring you a fruit basket."
Developer - "Uh ... okay, why not. I like citrus."