By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Take The Nintendo Switch's Third Party List With A Grain Of Salt

Tagged games:

It is a mind set like this that leads to 3rd parties dropping support.

Take this thread with a grain of salt, buy the games for whatever console you want. If people want to take a game like Zelda or Skyrim Remastered on the go as opposed to getting them on the other two, 3rd parties will stay. If no one buys the system or games due to fear of 3rd parties dropping support, you only have yourselves to blame.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

Yes, I'm sure everyone knows about the Wii U and can connect the dots

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

mountaindewslave said:

ehhhhh, the Switch's third party list is still massively bigger than the Wii U.

also Skyrim being shown in the gameplay footage reveal with Bethesda has a confirmed third party supporter is prettyyyyyyy strong sign of better than Wii U support.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo is paying for it rather than trust the third parties to do so on their own. Frankly with the way Bethesda has talked before, this is astonishingly good news to see

Didn't Bethesda and 2K deconfirm Skyrim and NBA?

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

I'm doubting that this thing will see much support after the first year. Especially when more intensive games lands on Xbox One and PS4. The 4GB of memory will be the thing that kills support for Switch.

bunchanumbers said:
I'm doubting that this thing will see much support after the first year. Especially when more intensive games lands on Xbox One and PS4. The 4GB of memory will be the thing that kills support for Switch.

I only see Japanese 3rd parties and Ubisoft supporting the NS along with Nintendo.  Everyone else will probably make a token effort to keep their bridges intact with Nintendo and then abandon it when their lower quality, unmarketed late ports sell like crap.

Around the Network

I'm pretty sure they will jump ship reallt fast unless the switch can keep up with its rivals in terms of power. In 3 years theres also the possibility of a new gen and Nintendo is caught mid-cycle again and losing 3rd parties.

Jranation said:
pastro243 said:
I also recall the psvita dev list whb they announced it. Almost identical to the ps4 image, and 2 hugely different outcomes

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/12/22/playstation-vita-launch-lineup-and-details/

I was talking about the picture with the studios working on them, having SE on the picture can mean having ffxv, kh3 and dragon quest to having a port of and old final fantasy and some spinoffs

Most people that want 3rd party games are on Xbox and Playstation.

If anything, at least Switch offers a portable option to play some console games.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Jranation said:
How are we supposed to know?

We aren't.  He's just saying they burnt a lot of people with the last comsole so be weary with this one. Makes sense to me. Might be worth waiting a year to see how their support really works out rather than placing your trust in them day 1.

I don't think anyone believes all those developers will release their biggest games on the Switch. At least not at first. The list doesn't really mean much, I mean Konami is on it FFS. So we`re getting a Pachinko add on for the Switch?