By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Take The Nintendo Switch's Third Party List With A Grain Of Salt

Tagged games:

wombat123 said:
bunchanumbers said:
I'm doubting that this thing will see much support after the first year. Especially when more intensive games lands on Xbox One and PS4. The 4GB of memory will be the thing that kills support for Switch.

I only see Japanese 3rd parties and Ubisoft supporting the NS along with Nintendo.  Everyone else will probably make a token effort to keep their bridges intact with Nintendo and then abandon it when their lower quality, unmarketed late ports sell like crap.

This is why the Switch needs to be stronger.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Around the Network
alternine said:
wombat123 said:

I only see Japanese 3rd parties and Ubisoft supporting the NS along with Nintendo.  Everyone else will probably make a token effort to keep their bridges intact with Nintendo and then abandon it when their lower quality, unmarketed late ports sell like crap.

This is why the Switch needs to be stronger.

it's a jack-of-all-trades, master of none machine.  Too weak to satisfy core gamers and probably too expensive to interest casuals or handheld users.  The funny thing is that Nintendo fancies themselves as a company that doesn't want to jump into red ocean territories but it seems like they're doing exactly that with the NS because now they're competing with the likes of Apple and Samsung in the tablet market.  Nintendo can claim the NS is a home console all they want but almost everyone can see that it's a tablet.

I'm just hoping that the NS is a platform and Nintendo will unveil a stronger home console and weaker (and cheaper) handheld variant in the future because I honestly think that would have been the better solution.