By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch probably more powerful than the Xbox One S, gets PS4 ports

GOWTLOZ said:
Ljink96 said:
People are so doubtful, we don't know what NVIDIA came up with just yet.

They wouldn't go from a 512 GFlop GPU to a 1.84 TFlop GPU with current technology.

Let's just wait and see

Around the Network
GOWTLOZ said:
Ljink96 said:
People are so doubtful, we don't know what NVIDIA came up with just yet.

They wouldn't go from a 512 GFlop GPU to a 1.84 TFlop GPU with current technology.

Yes but you're using common sense, which is sometimes in short supply. 

There's nothing in that video that looked even close to a mid/high end PS4 game anyway.

Mario looked a *little* better than Mario 3D World, mostly because the camera angle is moved back behind Mario. 

WC4Life said:
nanzano said:

lol it might have a chip technically as strong as the ps4 one but as long as the chip is supplied with 20W- and the Ps4 one with 100W+ , the ps4 will perform at least twice more than the Switch, otherwise the Switch will burn in poeple's hand.

and after that comes the RAM problem, no way nintendo puts 8gb memory in a handheld.

Yeah, My brother tried to play Pc games with his Surface Pro 3 (which actually have a cooling system, i7 4th gen and stuff) now he is calling M$ every days to repair it

Gundam Extrem VS FORCE!!!                                            The KING Of Fighting Games is BACK #SFV   

Gaming consoles owned so far:-NES,- GB Advenced, -PS3,-XBOX360,- PS VITA, PS4!   PC: @i5 4570,GTX960 Factory Overclock

Make your own youtube channel to keep memories of your live gaming expirience

Official PSVita Thread!                                   Freedom Wars Threads!!                                COMG! Japan Pre-order chart

yeah, I don't see the NS getting a lot of 3rd party ports after seeing that trailer -- they'll be lucky to reach Wii U power levels in that. It looks like Nintendo is basically saying "screw you" to the rest of the industry and putting all of their eggs in one basket. I just see that basket being too expensive and weak to satisfy anyone else other than core Nintendo fans.

Captain_Yuri said:

But if it is one eco system... There would be no need for a handheld if the battery life of the NX is good... There wouldn't be any reason to put the extra effort in launching a new product that is this similar to the previous one with the only difference being battery life and a smaller screen. And yea, they did it cause the concept like this is easy to understand, the small difference between what you are saying isn't very easy...

But people don't charge their ipads very often and they use their laptops for completely different purposes. Most people rarely even carry around their ipad chargers unless they know they are going for a long trip cause ipads generally last quite a while. You don't see kids carrying around their ipads or laptops to school let alone the chargers for them.

The would be need if the execution is different in other aspects to cater to the needs of an even wider audience, this way the ecosystem which is the actual platform itself doesn't just target one particular audience it goes after everyone through the family of devices it powers.

Actually from my line of business I find people bring their chargers along quite often unless it's a short trip and what you said about iPads is the whole point, Switch is exactly like that people won't be taking NS to school and such because it's not a handheld and those trips aren't primarily what its designed for that's what the 3DS successor will target kind of like iPad and iPhone.

Most people use the former in the house or places where it can be charged while the latter is far more portable and convenient.

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
Captain_Yuri said:

But if it is one eco system... There would be no need for a handheld if the battery life of the NX is good... There wouldn't be any reason to put the extra effort in launching a new product that is this similar to the previous one with the only difference being battery life and a smaller screen. And yea, they did it cause the concept like this is easy to understand, the small difference between what you are saying isn't very easy...

But people don't charge their ipads very often and they use their laptops for completely different purposes. Most people rarely even carry around their ipad chargers unless they know they are going for a long trip cause ipads generally last quite a while. You don't see kids carrying around their ipads or laptops to school let alone the chargers for them.

The would be need if the execution is different in other aspects to cater to the needs of an even wider audience, this way the ecosystem which is the actual platform itself doesn't just target one particular audience it goes after everyone through the family of devices it powers.

Actually from my line of business I find people bring their chargers along quite often unless it's a short trip and what you said about iPads is the whole point, Switch is exactly like that people won't be taking NS to school and such because it's not a handheld and those trips aren't primarily what its designed for that's what the 3DS successor will target kind of like iPad and iPhone.

Most people use the former in the house or places where it can be charged while the latter is far more portable and convenient.

Why wouldn't the NX be able to capture the "wider audience" by itself if it just has a good battery life? Cause really, thats really the only difference... Just have a NX smaller version that is the samething as the NX in every aspect just with a smaller screen. Similar to 3ds and 3dsXL. That way, they won't need to put in all the extra effort.

If the Switch isn't meant to be taken on short trips and etc, then why did the trailer show it like it was? I am pretty sure Nintendo wants to make sure it has a good battery life otherwise, the trailer doesn't make any sense.

Most people don't charge their ipads as frequently as you suggest. I am not sure in what line of work you do that it requires people to bring their chargers but I havn't seen anyone bring their chargers with them to things like parties, get togethers or really anything that involves going outside. What you are saying is the opposite of what they showed in the trailer as far as what its meant to be. The trailer focused on portability as well as being in the house, not just in the house as you are suggesting. And again, we don't know if they are going to make a successor to the 3ds for sure. 

Also not to mention that the reviews aren't gonna be happy if it has a short battery life and we all know how bad the press can get.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Nowhere from that am I getting the impression that it's going to be more powerful than Xbox One S. It only says it's powerful enough for it to get PS4 ports, which means it could probably be even slightly weaker than Xbox One. The power difference between PS4 and Xbox One isn't that big.

It won't... please just stop with all the unnecessary hype. You're just going to be disappointed when you find out it isn't.

How did you come to the conclusion that it is "probably" more powerful than XBO S? I mean, it would be nice if true when it's in the docking station but nothing we saw hints at more power as XBO S. We saw some games looking worse as XBO S games (technically), a port of a last gen game and a sport game.

If they would have shown some recent PS4 game with same settings and 1080p but we didn't see that yet.

I think it could be. Waiting for DF to let us know, because either way Ninty will keep it secret I am sure.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261