By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch - Nintendo's best 3rd party support since the SNES - EA, TakeTwo, Bethesda on board

While this list is good, best part to me is the list of tech partners. That means there is no technical blocker to any company putting software on Switch.

I think as the days / weeks go by, we'll see a lot of 3rd party games confirm Switch support. Initial launch will have months old games (yearly stuff) of course plus Nintendo new stuff. But I'm betting just about anything we see with a mid/late 2017+ launch will now be on all three consoles.

Around the Network
HollyGamer said:
And who said , to get a third party developer and publisher it need to have a powerful GPU :) ?

They dont need a powerful GPU just one that can handle the current engines, and it seems right out of the gate they have two current and one not so current. (UE, Unity and maybe Cry though I thought it was sold to Amazon.) That removes one hurdle from porting the tools that are used to make the game are all current, unlike the WiiU wher Epic choose not to port the new engine to it for business reasons.

pokoko said:
potato_hamster said:

All I'm saying is that Take Two's image there can be explained simply with NBA 2K. That doesn't mean that Take Twos other games are coming.

And of course I'm not joking. Sure the mod support is more limited than the X1, and of course that is more limited than PC. It remains to be seen how much limited it will be. As for switch supporting mods - Quick question: Do you see Nintendo abandoning the family demographic? Because if not, you can expect that any potential mod support to be even more restricted than on playstation, if the Switch even has the horsepower to support mods in the first place.

That's exactly what I said to begin with.

As for mod support, I asked a rhetorical question and said "we'll have to wait and see."  

I'll totally hold my breath waiting for the skyrim nudity and child killing mods to appear on the switch. You're right. That's totally a Nintendo thing to do, especially considering they removed voice chat from Splatoon because people can be mean.

BlkPaladin said:
HollyGamer said:
And who said , to get a third party developer and publisher it need to have a powerful GPU :) ?

They dont need a powerful GPU just one that can handle the current engines, and it seems right out of the gate they have two current and one not so current. (UE, Unity and maybe Cry though I thought it was sold to Amazon.) That removes one hurdle from porting the tools that are used to make the game are all current, unlike the WiiU wher Epic choose not to port the new engine to it for business reasons.

That's why i am questioned peoples who argued with me and said that Nintendo NX should have a powerful GPU and compete directly wit PS4 and Xbox One, to get a third party support. Guess i was right, just like Wii with a lot of support from third party developer and publisher. Nintendo with their "Switch" will have a lot of third party developer. 

Glad to see them actively embracing third party, it will definitely help the console in the long run. People should definitely hold off on the hype train, we've fallen for this stuff far too many times, both with games and consoles.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network
GOWTLOZ said:
Slarvax said:

PC isnt getting RDR2 either, lmao

The same thing happened with GTA V but PC got it later not Wii U.

The point is 1 game doesnt make a difference. Both OP and users like Turkish are overreacting

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Man, this thing looks cool af. I'm so in.

Slarvax said:
GOWTLOZ said:

The same thing happened with GTA V but PC got it later not Wii U.

The point is 1 game doesnt make a difference. Both OP and users like Turkish are overreacting

They are not. Its a reasonable concern after looking at what happened with Wii U. Wii U also got NBA 2K13 at launch but didn't get any more Take Two support.

GOWTLOZ said:
Slarvax said:

They are not. Its a reasonable concern after looking at what happened with Wii U. Wii U also got NBA 2K13 at launch but didn't get any more Take Two support.

That's why they're overreacting, imo. Nintendo seems to have listened 3rd party devs (in a way), which is why we see all those names and a game like Skyrim supporting the Switch. The question is: How well will those games sell? 

If the Switch taps both the handheld and home console market like Nintendo wants to, then it's easy to say it'll suceed. But we still need to know the most relevant factor, price.

Too early to call it best 3rd party support since SNES. But also very unfair to ignore all those names because of the Wii U. Like, seriously, who would have seen Skyrim/TES running in a Nintendo system? 

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Haha. It feels like a lifetime ago we saw all the pre-release hype about the Wii U.

I think Switch looks great and I hope it will do great. Still, I remember when Legend of Heroes was supposed to come to 3DS... and Assassin's Creed... and Saints Row... still waiting :(