By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch - Nintendo's best 3rd party support since the SNES - EA, TakeTwo, Bethesda on board

BraLoD said:
Darwinianevolution said:

The idea of a portable version might be too tempting to ignore, specially for japanese audiences. All big JRPGs will eventually get a Switch version if they can fit them in.

Yet P3 and P4 got PSP and PSV versions, instead of the much more popular DS and 3DS counterparts.
I really hope none of you guys are really waiting for P5 to land on it, if you really want to play the game.

Let us dream, dammit! XD

But even if those didn't, consider the guaranteed audience that system is going to have there, jut by Pokemon and MH (and maybe Youkai Watch) alone. Once those three get games on that console, all JRPG devs will try to catter to that audience, specially when they can port PS3-PS4 games with relatively little efford. Maybe P5 is tied to Sony somehow, but I'd be surprised if Atlus doesn't try to push the series on the NX one way or another. P1-3 anthology? P4 Golden re-release? Who knows.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

It's a great list, but they need to be able to keep that support as well. I think Nintendo has often had pretty good support at first, but then everyone has just left Nintendo.

I've always thought that the Wii had strong 3rd party backing. And before anyone started crying "shovelware," I've found more than enough quality titles to make the Wii worth the purchase. I have high hopes for Switch's 3rd party support.

From Software is interesting. They usually don't make games on Nintendo platforms besides small games on DS and 3DS.

potato_hamster said:
pokoko said:
That's jumping the gun a bit, I think.

For example, we already knew Ubisoft was on board--with Just Dance. Activision was a given, as well, with Skylanders if nothing else.

Bethesda really is a big deal but, as a I said elsewhere, that's Skyrim and not Fallout 4. Until we see Fallout 4, you might want to temper expectations a bit. Same with 2K. It means something but we don't know what.

FROM on the list is very interesting, though.

Now for the real question: MODS.

Will Nintendo have them and push PlayStation more into the dog house? Or not have them at all and give PlayStation a bit of an out? I can't wait to find out.

The showed NBA 2K in the trailer.

Also, didn't you get the memo that Bethesda and Sony sorted through their issues and mods are coming to the PS4?

I know they showed 2K in the trailers.  Do we know about Take Two's other big games?  No?  That's my point.

As for mod support, are you joking with this one?  I can't tell.  If not then you might want to review that memo.  The PS4 is going to have very limited mod support compared to the XO, which already has very limited mod support compared to the PC.

Around the Network
daredevil.shark said:
Best third party support lacks Red Dead Redemption 2. No offense. Nintendo enthusiast or not but if a system lacks major games like Red Dead, GTA, FIFA etc it doesn't have good third party support. As for Switch, we are still wait and see. Because we do not know what games will be releasing then.

I expect the Switch to get many GTA games. The ones on the Android Playstore should be fairly easy to port. I am not saying that's competitive compared to what others offer, but I do expect the Switch to be the Nintendo device with the most GTA games.

daredevil.shark said:

Take Two means that Rockstar will be on board? Overall I am very impressed. I will totally buy a Nintendo Switch.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Darwinianevolution said:
For now let's keep be cautious about this part. The WiiU also had the best 3rd party support ever, until it didn't. The question now is which games are coming, and how well will they do?

Yeah, this is very true. It's a waiting game.....still. :) That was an awesome reveal trailer though. So far, so good.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Wait for the games to actually come out. It's easy to say "Yeah, we'll be on the console everybody is talking about". It's even easier to give up if the console isn't selling. They showed Skyrim for a demonstration of 3rd party support, it's not the best example available...