By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch - Nintendo's best 3rd party support since the SNES - EA, TakeTwo, Bethesda on board

Its not about how many support it right now, its about how many support it lets say in 2019, then it gets interesting, games like Fifa and Grand theft Auto sell, im sure some people would love to play those on the go, hell, I would love to, its also a big deal on how powerfull the handheld portion really is and how easy or hard it is to port games from the different consoles.

Also a huge factor is when the PS5 will be announced/released, lets say its 3 years from the Ps4Pro that could significatly hurt third party support and game development.

anyway, a lot of guesses, we do know a lot about the console but most of this we Already knew since the rumours where true.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Around the Network

Napon Itchi software that is nice also. They are listing it as a sampling of developers. And yeah hoepfully they deliver but seeing they are probably looking at this as a portable device. Plus I just notice since it is a portable on the fly local multiplayer, kind of over looked that. So this is a multiplayer system, now they just need to make sure the online componet of it works nicely.

fleischr said:
Darwinianevolution said:
For now let's keep be cautious about this part. The WiiU also had the best 3rd party support ever, until it didn't. The question now is which games are coming, and how well will they do?

It's a much more robust listing than what WiiU ever had.

Bethesda is the standout here. You could always figure EA and Take Two would make their way back to Nintendo in some way. But Bethesda always seemed like they would never touch a Nintendo console with a 10 foot pole.

From Software is just a big of a standout imo.

List of publishers mean nothing to me, need actual games

fleischr said:
midrange said:
They had a similar list from the Wii u to start out, all it takes to put down EA is one fifa port. I'm optimistic, but be cautious

Similar list yeah, but this one seems even larger.

It's a big risk for Nintendo to proclaim/feature Bethesda in this way. If Bethesda does not deliver on the NX platform - we will never, ever hear the end of it.

they only have a port of a last gen game from them though. Don't get me wrong this is nice, but the wii u also had lots of ports and look how that turned out.

Around the Network
fleischr said:

So here's a look at a graphic Nintendo published about 3rd party support

Nintendolife has a complete list as well

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/10/nintendo_confirms_list_of_third_party_supporters_for_nintendo_switch

Nintendo's site is struggling right now - will try to update with official link later.

Notice is EA is listed. And of course NBA2K and Skyrim were featured in Switch reveal.

Were you old enough to witness the Gamecube era? Let's see whether it gets more support than that.

Darwinianevolution said:
For now let's keep be cautious about this part. The WiiU also had the best 3rd party support ever, until it didn't. The question now is which games are coming, and how well will they do?

Ports of the last gen games, obviously.

No CD Projekt RED. That's sad.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Turkish said:
fleischr said:

So here's a look at a graphic Nintendo published about 3rd party support

Nintendolife has a complete list as well

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/10/nintendo_confirms_list_of_third_party_supporters_for_nintendo_switch

Nintendo's site is struggling right now - will try to update with official link later.

Notice is EA is listed. And of course NBA2K and Skyrim were featured in Switch reveal.

Were you old enough to witness the Gamecube era? Let's see whether it gets more support than that.

it would appear OP hybernated during the n64 and gamecube days.

Also OP mentions Take 2 but they just announced RDR2 and it skips the Switch

off to a good start, lmao