By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch - Nintendo's best 3rd party support since the SNES - EA, TakeTwo, Bethesda on board

Faelco said:
Wait for the games to actually come out. It's easy to say "Yeah, we'll be on the console everybody is talking about". It's even easier to give up if the console isn't selling. They showed Skyrim for a demonstration of 3rd party support, it's not the best example available...

Bethesda never bothered bringing anything to a Nintendo platform before - so why start now?

It's a huge risk for both Nintendo and Bethesda to showcase Skyrim on the Switch.

If doesn't come - we will never hear the end of it. Another knife in the heart of the heartbreaking saga of 3rd party support for Nintendo consoles.

But if they pull off an experience comparable to PS4/X1 remaster, and other new Bethesda games arrive for it -- that's a clear pivot for Nintendo's direction.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network

That's a nice little list and all but it means nothing until those devs actually release games for the system.

pokoko said:
potato_hamster said:

The showed NBA 2K in the trailer.

Also, didn't you get the memo that Bethesda and Sony sorted through their issues and mods are coming to the PS4?

I know they showed 2K in the trailers.  Do we know about Take Two's other big games?  No?  That's my point.

As for mod support, are you joking with this one?  I can't tell.  If not then you might want to review that memo.  The PS4 is going to have very limited mod support compared to the XO, which already has very limited mod support compared to the PC.

All I'm saying is that Take Two's image there can be explained simply with NBA 2K. That doesn't mean that Take Twos other games are coming.

And of course I'm not joking. Sure the mod support is more limited than the X1, and of course that is more limited than PC. It remains to be seen how much limited it will be. As for switch supporting mods - Quick question: Do you see Nintendo abandoning the family demographic? Because if not, you can expect that any potential mod support to be even more restricted than on playstation, if the Switch even has the horsepower to support mods in the first place.

fleischr said:
I can't get my head around Bethesda supporting a Nintendo console now. Especially after how badly Pete Hines shit all over the WiiU.

And From Software is here two - they literally laughed they're asses off about Dark Souls on WiiU.

Nintendo glory days here again?

Bethesda has been eager to dip their toes into the mobile market. My thoughts are that they see this as an in for them - a way to capture some of that market and bring them into the fold of their AAA titles. I think some of the other devs that are migrating back Nintendo's way see the potential for a Wii-like grand slam that will widen the gaming market. 

If gaming is moving in the mobile direction in general, Nintendo is in line to gobble up some serious middle gorund. 

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

fleischr said:
Faelco said:
Wait for the games to actually come out. It's easy to say "Yeah, we'll be on the console everybody is talking about". It's even easier to give up if the console isn't selling. They showed Skyrim for a demonstration of 3rd party support, it's not the best example available...

Bethesda never bothered bringing anything to a Nintendo platform before - so why start now?

It's a huge risk for both Nintendo and Bethesda to showcase Skyrim on the Switch.

If doesn't come - we will never hear the end of it. Another knife in the heart of the heartbreaking saga of 3rd party support for Nintendo consoles.

But if they pull off an experience comparable to PS4/X1 remaster, and other new Bethesda games arrive for it -- that's a clear pivot for Nintendo's direction.

Absolutely ZERO risk. They announced the 6th version of a 5 year old game already profitable long ago, and with enough existing versions to find one which will easily work on the Switch. It can release really easily without any risk for the developer and a really minimal investment.

It will start to get interesting when Fallout 4 and future Bethesda games will be announced too. Until then it's only a previous generation game being announced on a console rumored to have a previous generation power. Nothing about the future here.

Around the Network

Is the "Switch" the NX ? That is still a better name than the Wii U, but NX is a better name than Switch.

padib said:
Faelco said:

Absolutely ZERO risk. They announced the 6th version of a 5 year old game already profitable long ago, and with enough existing versions to find one which will easily work on the Switch. It can release really easily without any risk for the developer and a really minimal investment.

It will start to get interesting when Fallout 4 and future Bethesda games will be announced too. Until then it's only a previous generation game being announced on a console rumored to have a previous generation power. Nothing about the future here.

Definitely something about the future of Nintendo though!

Think of it this way, they have a lot of japanese RPGs on their 3DS. To tap into the western RPGs market is so healthy for them in the future.

But in terms of risk I agree with you, we just don't know how much the remake port will cost since Nintendo never got Skyrim and we don't really know the full architecture of the Switch. 

What I mean about the future is that it's kind of like if they announced Call Of Duty Modern Warfare Remastered on the Switch but not Infinite Warfare. Or for Japanese games, like if they announced FF12 remaster but not FF15. As long as the games announced are games from the previous generation, for me it doesn't show that the console will be able to run the future titles, and maybe that's why they're stuck with a 5 year old game for their reveal trailer. So no guarantee for the future big 3rd party titles.

They will get the handheld games and developers they already have on the 3DS for sure, but I wouldn't be confident about future big home console 3rd party games until they actually announce one.

Faelco said:

Whatever - the fact that Bethesda has anything to do with a Nintendo console at all is pretty remarkable. Let's hope in turns into something good!

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

EA and Take Two supported the Wii U at launch too with mutiplatform games that already released on other platforms before or were released at the same time. This is not that impressive.

It is impressive to be able to play these games on a handheld. If Switch gets GTA V and is $300 it will be the first Nintendo system I buy. I'm already interested in TLOZ BOTW.

People have already mentioned it, but with handheld developers moving to the NX, should be quite a bit of third party support