By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - When will the Xbox 720 (or whatever) come put? Post your predictions here.

No we bieleve in the tiritnity as most protestants do we just go to church on Sabbath like the Jews. We came from methodist and seventh-day baptist roots. we believe in Jesus's second coming. No people burning in hell now. the reserection at the second coming. Oh and the ideal diet as vegitaryian but we allow clean meat.

Love is whats most important.

Around the Network

2010 (They announce the 720. I think it will be called the 720 :P)
2011(more Hype - Halo 5 announce for the future console)
2012 (released - to get a 4yr start on the ps4).

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

coolestguyever said:
November 2010. Thats 5 years from launch.

Why did I say november, you ask? because thats when consoles come out.

360 = November 22
PS3 = November 11
Wii = November 19
Dreamcast = November 27
PS2 = odd one out
Cube = September 14 - Close to Nov.
Xbox = November 15

So out of the last 7 consoles released, 5 were november and 1 was september.

PS3 = November 17 (NA)

Dreamcast = 9/9/99 (NA)

PS2 = October 26, 2000 (close enough to November)

Cube = November 17, 2001 (NA)

I don't like it when people use Japanese launch dates  

finalsquall said:

2016 for the PS4? Wow, thats a special type of stupid. The PS3 will be so old by then that even a handheld would have more power.

Tease.

I think no one knows what sony's plan is they could do anything now just wait another 4 5 years devolping a new consol. I don't get there business plan anymore. They are not thinking straight. Their cell is too much like a real cell. To hard to program for. Computers are simple they don't need to do as much as a biological cell. The machine can never pass its creator. Just like us machines are not capable of love. love is a relationship, not some feeling you get from stimuli. It takes time patience and forgiveness.

Love is whats most important.

Around the Network
Etech7 said:
I think no one knows what sony's plan is they could do anything now just wait another 4 5 years devolping a new consol. I don't get there business plan anymore. They are not thinking straight. Their cell is too much like a real cell. To hard to program for. Computers are simple they don't need to do as much as a biological cell. The machine can never pass its creator. Just like us machines are not capable of love. love is a relationship, not some feeling you get from stimuli. It takes time patience and forgiveness.

Etech how dare you speak ill of Sony. God is Pro Sony. PS3 is a gift from God.

Etech7 said:

What would make you think that a Cell 2 would be difficult to program for if you've been doing it for years? It would probably be easier, as they would have listened to developer feedback and changed the architecture slightly. Something like 2-4 main cores and 16-32 SPEs. Depends on their transistor budget and the lithography they are at when they release it.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
finalsquall said:

2016 for the PS4? Wow, thats a special type of stupid. The PS3 will be so old by then that even a handheld would have more power.

I think he was referring to Sony's "10 year plan" for the PS3

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

smbu2000 said:
Squilliam said:
finalsquall said:

I think he was referring to Sony's "10 year plan" for the PS3

He was saying that the PS4 would be released in 2016. So thats stupid. OK? STUPID. I really don't want to hear about it anymore.

Tease.

The more advanced the tech gets, the more irrelevant advance becomes. The step from 2D to 3D was huge, but we're in our 3rd generation of 3D now. soon, style will conquer sheer polygon count.

I still think Okami is one of the most Beautiful games ever. And So is The Wind Waker.
We need better AI, better motion capturing, better network code and better gameplay... More polygons, that's not as high up on the agenda as it once was.