By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Religion/Politics Threads: This really needs to stop(plus a poll)

What is your opinion on this matter?

I'm fine with these threads. 74 28.68%

They seriously need to stop. 115 44.57%

Couldn't care less. 69 26.74%

Total:258
StarOcean said:

Political and religious threads are cancer and so are all the users who make them, actually no, they're worse. Any of you users out there who make these shitty threads, go fuck yourselves. Seriously. This is a video game forum, politics and religion have no reason to be here. Getting political or religious advice in these forums is like going to your neighbor's 6yr old daughter to get a liver transplant. Shit ain't ever gonna go well

Don't you think that your comment is really offensive and insulting towards a certain group of users on this board?

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Around the Network

I know many gamers don't really care about censorship, but now we are going to start censoring ourselves? Its a bit crazy. People who post in those threads and get banned only have themselves to blame. Just ignore the threads if you don't care for the topic or don't have anything of value to say.

Simple answer if it's cause more harm for VG charts people , it better be stop. As a religious person, i proffer discussing religious topic on different forum, in here is like trying a meaningless debate on kid.

Well this took a particularly nasty turn.

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

ohmylanta1003 said:
hershel_layton said:

I used to make controversial threads, but I stopped. I even said how I was a dumbass for wasting my time by making controversial threads that had nothing to do with gaming. Seems as though the original post flew over your head. Maybe if you didn't skim through and went straight to criticizing me, you'd understand my explanation.

Non-gaming threads are fine, but they're nothing but a waste of everyone's time(and damaging to the website) if they simply cause issues and trolls to appear. Look at the threads I listed. They're all locked, which shows why we need to stop trollish threads.

Also, is there a reason as to why you always disagree with me on every thread I've ever made or commented on? Do you hate me? Do you simply like to disagree for the sake of disagreeing? I'd like to know.

I didn't skip over anything. It's just very, very ironic that of all people, you would be the one calling for a stop. I don't care about what you've apologized for. You are a large part of the reason this site has taken a turn for the worse.

I won't deny that I've done a lot of horrible things. However, since the last time I was banned(which was several months ago) i've been a decent user. Nothing more and nothing less.

edit: I find it very funny how you personally insult me instead of discussing the actual topic. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network
barneystinson69 said:
aLkaLiNE said:
As an agnostic, I agree with this 100%!!! It would be nice to have discussion regarding intelligent design but it's pretty discouraging to touch on the topic when anyone who isn't an atheist is labeled as ignorant or stupid.

Exactly! Now look I have very very liberal in my views on science, but I'm still "Christan". I admit I don't attend church and have barely read anything in the bible, but I still believe in god. Maybe my views fit in more with a different religion, but people who do have religious views shouldn't be treated as "insane people".

Yeah I believe in god also and try my best to stay out of any religious threads or discussions on here for that very reason. People make blanket statements that every person that has a form of religious belief is "uneducated" or my personal favorite on here was "mentally infant".

It's sad that on this site that derogatory remarks about a VIDEO GAME CONSOLE are punished harshly while insulting people without provocation due to their religious beliefs isn't moderated in the slightest.

You can make the following comment and be banned "All nintendo fanboys are naive and uneducated."

You can make the following comment and not be banned "All religious people are naive and uneducated."

I voted yes, this is not the place for political and certainly not religious discussion.

Barkley said:
barneystinson69 said:

Exactly! Now look I have very very liberal in my views on science, but I'm still "Christan". I admit I don't attend church and have barely read anything in the bible, but I still believe in god. Maybe my views fit in more with a different religion, but people who do have religious views shouldn't be treated as "insane people".

Yeah I believe in god also and try my best to stay out of any religious threads or discussions on here for that very reason. People make blanket statements that every person that has a form of religious belief is "uneducated" or my personal favorite on here was "mentally infant".

It's sad that on this site that derogatory remarks about a VIDEO GAME CONSOLE are punished harshly while insulting people without provocation due to their religious beliefs isn't moderated in the slightest.

You can make the following comment and be banned "All nintendo fanboys are naive and uneducated."

You can make the following comment and not be banned "All religious people are naive and uneducated."

I voted yes, this is not the place for political and certainly not religious discussion.

That's simply not true. I've seen a lot of bans for sweeping generalizations. That's another big hot button for mods. You would have to say "some religious people are naive and uneducated" to escape a ban.

But the bias is nothing new. For example you could freely say that EA is the biggest shitpile known to man without any fear of a ban. Try to replace EA with Nintendo and you are banned before you can even click submit.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Peh said:
StarOcean said:

Political and religious threads are cancer and so are all the users who make them, actually no, they're worse. Any of you users out there who make these shitty threads, go fuck yourselves. Seriously. This is a video game forum, politics and religion have no reason to be here. Getting political or religious advice in these forums is like going to your neighbor's 6yr old daughter to get a liver transplant. Shit ain't ever gonna go well

Don't you think that your comment is really offensive and insulting towards a certain group of users on this board?

Personally, I don't think so. The people who do what I wrote about (hit n' run threads, articles that are obviously fake, or ones that they know will stir up conflict) don't post a lot on the forums. They tend to only crop up when they make a bad thread or look and post in other bad threads. If my comment is insensitive to the trolls, I cant get myself to care much

EDIT: You know what? You're right. I'm sorry. That wasn't very mature behavior on my part and I apologize for my post. I can't unsay what I said, unfortunately, and won't pretend I never said it (so it'll stay here for the records). But yeah, that was a bad example by me. But ya know, I think I have a slight point. But yeah. I'm sorry for that behavior earlier.

StarOcean said:
Peh said:

Personally, I don't think so. The people who do what I wrote about (hit n' run threads, articles that are obviously fake, or ones that they know will stir up conflict) don't post a lot on the forums. They tend to only crop up when they make a bad thread or look and post in other bad threads. If my comment is insensitive to the trolls, I cant get myself to care much

EDIT: You know what? You're right. I'm sorry. That wasn't very mature behavior on my part and I apologize for my post. I can't unsay what I said, unfortunately, and won't pretend I never said it (so it'll stay here for the records). But yeah, that was a bad example by me. But ya know, I think I have a slight point. But yeah. I'm sorry for that behavior earlier.

What was the reasoning behind saying it to begin with?  I mean this plus some others recently are pretty shocking. 

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

Personally I think most of this issue could be fixed by taking the Politics section off the front page, we're a video game forum first and foremost. I don't mind the occasional political/religious thread but lately too many threads have gone off into flame wars and some of that has started to bleed into other sections of the forum.