By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Religion/Politics Threads: This really needs to stop(plus a poll)

What is your opinion on this matter?

I'm fine with these threads. 74 28.68%

They seriously need to stop. 115 44.57%

Couldn't care less. 69 26.74%

Total:258

Easy fix really,

Ignore the threads. Don't even click on them, like me

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:
vivster said:

Actually the minimum requirements for a god are at least 3 movies.

Eh, I would say minimum requirements for a god would be at least 20 manga volumes :P

Also, y u pick chibi varient and not the good variert?

Nendoroid >>>>>>>>> everything

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

hershel_layton said:
vivster said:
Would be a real shame if all people who are offended by atheist comments would leave the forum immediately.

Would you mind explaining what you meant by that?

I thought that sentence was pretty straight forward.

Wouldn't it be a shame?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Eh, I would say minimum requirements for a god would be at least 20 manga volumes :P

Also, y u pick chibi varient and not the good variert?

No wai

(We should probably stop before we get reported)

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:
vivster said:

No wai

(We should probably stop before we get reported)

I thought this thread was about friendly and reasonable discussion about religion?

Around the Network
aLkaLiNE said:
Nem said:

I think you are making a big deal of something that doesn't need to be.

People come to forums to talk. I think that if these threads don't interest you, you are not forced to click on them. You don't have to click on every new thread you see. ^^

Let people talk about what they want to talk. It is not right to dictate what people can and cannot talk about. That's not in accordance with freedom of speech. It's a big and relevant topic in today's sociery, so it's normal that it sparks interest.
Theres way more threads dedicated to gaming than religion. The proportion is insane actually. Just, don't go in there if you don't want to read it.

I don't think anyone here has a problem with people discussing religion. What I'm seeing here is that people have a problem with the derogatory threads that essentially start and end with the OP, and also with the insults. It's not right to call someone stupid or ignorant for preferring a vegan lifestyle over an omnivores diet, so I don't see how we can accept threads that call people with religious beliefs stupid or ignorant. 

That's my only issue with those threads, too. In any other thread calling someone stupid gets you banned. For some reason in political and religious one their posts are not even moderated. As I've said several times, consistency is key.

Ban people who cross the line and they'll think twice before doing it again.

Political and religious threads are cancer and so are all the users who make them, actually no, they're worse. Any of you users out there who make these shitty threads, go fuck yourselves. Seriously. This is a video game forum, politics and religion have no reason to be here. Getting political or religious advice in these forums is like going to your neighbor's 6yr old daughter to get a liver transplant. Shit ain't ever gonna go well

Moderated - Miguel_Zorro

StarOcean said:

Political and religious threads are cancer and so are all the users who make them, actually no, they're worse. Any of you users out there who make these shitty threads, go fuck yourselves. Seriously. This is a video game forum, politics and religion have no reason to be here. Getting political or religious advice in these forums is like going to your neighbor's 6yr old daughter to get a liver transplant. Shit ain't ever gonna go well

If people who create these threads are worse than cancer, what are people who make extra categories for them in a gaming forum?

vivster said:
StarOcean said:

If people who create these threads are worse than cancer, what are people who make extra categories for them in a gaming forum?

Stupid, obviously. Perhaps naive. However, we've been considering a real possibility of finally getting rid of them soon. There have been good political and religious threads but the overhwelming majority are bad... really bad. 

I appreciate a religious thread now and then. I'm interested in peoples worldviews and reasoning. Therefor I don't mind. Different opinions clash on every topic. Be it religion, politics, videogames or what to eat for breakfast. And it depends on the person himself how to deal with different views.

What I don't like are thr post and run comments which stir up the hate.

There are delicate topics, but to stop talking about them is probably not helpful. Free speech is a thing, like it or not.
That's my opinion.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3