By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - World Atheism will never happen. Why you can not kill God.

Tagged games:

Will worldwide atheism ever happen?

No, faith is part of being human. 79 49.07%

Yes, soon enough all men will be atheists. 82 50.93%

Total:161

I'm going to make my own religion. Believe in God, on the premise that God is the creator of the universe, nothing else. Don't believe in any from human written scripts such as the Bible or Quran as they are written by corrupt people for there own ideology, but only use it as source of history. Let science and reasoning take over to build our society for a better future.

Around the Network
bonzobanana said:
Life has been on this planet something like 4 billion years of which only a few thousand years have had religion and its already getting to the point where new religions are almost impossible to start. In modern thinking societies it has become far less significant. Religion is a disease of the mind and we are gradually learning more how to vaccinate and protect against it.

Still admittedly it has influence and is the cause of much hatred, intolerance and persecution in the world.

Please what? The information age is perfect feeding ground for new religions. Falun Gong, Wicca, Obama is no american, Babism, Bahá'í Faith, 9-11 was an inside job, scientology, moon landing is fake, ...

Every crackpot theory is a strong faith, and this in itself is the seed of anew religion. Probably the religions of old started somehow in that way. Think along the lines: killing Jesus was an inside job, the jews ratted him out to the romans, or somethign like that. Multiple crackpot theories put together and mixed with all-time truths may form a religious worldview. The crackpot theorists flock together, these days in chatrooms and webforums. they may start rites, something like the annual letter to officials demanding the opening of the area 51 files. Think 5000 years in the future, such a letter (symbolic by then) might be an actual way to practice a religion.

I myself identify as a true believer of the invisible pink unicorn:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invisible_Pink_Unicorn

I now order a pizza as offering for my goddess.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

nanorazor said:
I'm going to make my own religion. Believe in God, on the premise that God is the creator of the universe, nothing else. Don't believe in any from human written scripts such as the Bible or Quran as they are written by corrupt people for there own ideology, but only use it as source of history. Let science and reasoning take over to build our society for a better future.

Welcome to deism?

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Soundwave said:
Once death is conquered, I think the appeal of God lessens considerably. Right now we need it as humans because death is a depressing thought, we need to be comforted that there is something else.

Nah, fear of death is ill-attributed as a reason for religion. We believe stuff. Even if it doesn't address fear of death. People can believe the moon landing was fake. That doesn't help with death issues.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Hiku said:

You can't kill Zeus, Poseidon, or Athena, either. But here we are.

Kevin Sorbo and Lucy Lawless can.

Around the Network
Peh said:
deskpro2k3 said:
William L. Rowe: human reason is incapable of providing sufficient rational grounds to justify either the belief that God exists or the belief that God does not exist.

I can't answer your question OP. This is what I like about Agnosticism.

If you quote William L. Rowe than quote him correctly in the context he was saying it:

No, I like to get straight to the point, but you are right though.

If I wanted to compare Agnostic to Atheism, I would just say; Atheism would go out and preach that god don't exist, whereas Agnostic will remine skeptical.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Banning religon is as terrible as forcing people into one religion. Let everyone be happy with their beliefs, as long as they don't use it to hurt others, or put other people in a minor degree of importance compared to others. (I'm christian protestant).

But why would we need to kill him in the first place? If people are happy with their belief, why not just let them be happy? The only interference needed is when beliefs become flawed and people become hazards for society. Which almost no religious humans are. It's just small groups who think they know better. Actually, all religions teach to be polite and help each other.

The current religion at least will eventually die out. The only deterrance to it is education not beeing as widespread as it can. Religion strives in ignorance. So, if education can reach everyone in the world unaltered by religious powers it will just be a matter of time.

Sure, its gonna take a while still.

deskpro2k3 said:
Peh said:

If you quote William L. Rowe than quote him correctly in the context he was saying it:

No, I like to get straight to the point, but you are right though.

If I wanted to compare Agnostic to Atheism, I would just say; Atheism would go out and preach that god don't exist, whereas Agnostic will remine skeptical.

Atheism and agnosticism are not mutually exclusive categories, and atheism does not go out and "preach" god doesn't exist.

Atheism is a position regarding belief in a deity.  Atheists are not convinced their is a god, which is different from saying god does not exist.  A theist in contrast is convinced there is a god.

Gnosticism and agnosticism regard knowledge.  Gnostic means you know something, agnostic means you do not.

An agnostic atheist does not believe there is a god, but does not claim to know.

An agnostic theist believes there is a god, but does not claim to know.

A gnostic atheist claims to know there is no god. 

A gnostic theist claims to know that there is a god.

There is no way to compare atheism and agnosticisms.  They address a different prong of the question.