By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - World Atheism will never happen. Why you can not kill God.

Tagged games:

Will worldwide atheism ever happen?

No, faith is part of being human. 79 49.07%

Yes, soon enough all men will be atheists. 82 50.93%

Total:161

Some users are so predictable I know who they are before I even click on the thread just based on title alone. I also wonder if some users use this forum purely for politics and religious debate... which would be sad if true, but not surprising at all.

Around the Network
StarOcean said:
Some users are so predictable I know who they are before I even click on the thread just based on title alone. I also wonder if some users use this forum purely for politics and religious debate... which would be sad if true, but not surprising at all.

We really need Nintendo to give us some NX information! I do enjoy talking about politics, but sometimes I like getting my mind off of all the horrors in the world.

VGPolyglot said:
StarOcean said:

We really need Nintendo to give us some NX information! I do enjoy talking about politics, but sometimes I like getting my mind off of all the horrors in the world.

Politics section wouldnt be so bad if they weren't the #1 cause of bans on this forum. I'm willing to bet 90% of warnings and 80% of bans come JUST from political threads alone. The political thread option was the biggest mistake ever made for this site

You can kill off the Christian god, but you'll never kill off the concept of a higher power. People will always believe there's something up there looking over us, whether it be Jesus, Buddha, or a flying spaghetti monster.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

I don't think it'll go away, but I do think that it'll be like 50/50 religious and atheistic.
Religion isn't a good thing but extrimist make it bad. There's no reason you should kill people or deny people because of religion. I don't think any religion actually teaches those sort of things.

Around the Network
padib said:
There will always be some people who will have enough sense to understand that nothing comes from nothing, and that this world has a divine origin.

Not to mention the need for hope in a hopeless world, one that becomes more and more hopeless with the increase in atheistic naturalism.

And thankfully those people will continue to exist, because they are the salt and light of the world.

Everyone wants to be a bad-ass, but nobody realizes that if everyone becomes a bad-ass, the world just becomes a miserable place to live in.

Creatio ex nihilo is something exclusively touted by the religious. It is considered by virtually all philosophers to be wholly devoid of merit. You appear to have quite an extensive misapprehension about modern physics if you're confused about this.

Your argumentum ad passiones fallacy is duly noted. 

Logic clearly isn't your forte, perhaps try coloring instead.

WagnerPaiva said:

Militant atheism is also a form of brain washing, just like organized religion, it is a "us vs. them" paradigm that benefits no one but those that hold or aspire to power.

People like Richard Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens taught us nothing but to hate people that believe in God, Jesus Christ or the supernatural in general.

For every smart atheist that appears, we have also a amazing christian apologist to answer with the same propriety. Like Frank Turek, John Lennox, Willian Lane Craig and even David Berlinki.

Are you a Mountebank or just ignorant? What you've stated here about Dawkins and Hitchens is a complete fabrication and approaches libel. The only people Hitchens advocated hating is those like ISIS who publicly embrace the idea of killing Americans and other non-muslims. Essentially Hitch took their threats as seriously as they ought have been taken. 

Dawkins on the other hand hasn't even insinuated anything of the sort. He's derided religion itself no doubt, but that's attacking an idea not a person or persons. 

Frank Turek is quite literally the definition of a charlatan. His arguments are terrible, he panders only to those who already believe this nonsense, and he implodes whenever he's forced to confront inconsistencies in his own reasoning. I suspect he also has a below average IQ.

Lennox may be a solid mathematician but again he fails at even basic reasoning.

WLC is similar to Frank but I actually suspect is competent as a philosopher having invested time into reading his secular works on time. That actually works in his disfavor though given that his apologetics arguments are quite dismal.

I'm not very familiar with Berlinski. Looks like yet another paid yuppie for the Discovery Institute, which is a Christian Fundie organization which attempts to promulgate Intelligent Design as science. By the way, Berlinski isn't a scientist, has exactly 0 published works in any journals. Might as well be a homeless man talking about how evolution is nonsense.

As to whether world atheism will ever happen, it's a certitude at this point so long as the world continues to become increasingly educated. Religion only flourishes in the most unlettered of nations. In every developed country, it has been decreasing for quite some time.

WagnerPaiva said:
Cirio said:
Well the 2 major religions (Christianity and Islam) already disagree with you because according to them, religion and the belief in God will be almost entirely diminished. This will mark the end of the world and Jesus Christ will be brought back to fight in the Great War before the Day of Judgement.

So, according to both religion and current trends in society, religion will fade away.

The christian Holy Bible says that in the end of times the whole world will worship the Beast, part of a unholy trinity and the demonic worlwide religion will force people to have a mark to buy and sell, and they will behead people that refuse to worship the beast. So, no atheism what so ever, but a worldwide demonic teocracy.

Islam says the whole world will submit and worship Alah, and them that refuse to do so will be killed. So, not atheism whatsoever.

You do know that the seven-headed beast in Revelations is a symbol for the seven-hilled city of Rome, right?  Right??  

You are clearly trying to incite a flame war.  Shame on you.  

The OP is trying so hard to make religion look like a faith of idiots, all I can say to him is ' no need, any intelligent person can see that already'
I wish there was god, oh I wish it with all my heart

but Christianity = Jediism = Moslem = Pastafarianism
all the same
No evidence of any, no rational being thinks this, flying spaghetti monster, jesus son of god, give me a break

Runa216 said: 

Atheism will never eliminate religion because we live in a world of free will where tradition trumps progression and logic.

1. Atheism has nothing to do with religion. It only states your position that you don't believe in a god or gods.

2. There are atheistic religions, but atheism is not a religion.

3. The world of free will is not necessarily true.

4. I suppose that chastisement was also a part of tradition and still is in some places, which validates your last statement. 

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3