By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - World Atheism will never happen. Why you can not kill God.

Tagged games:

Will worldwide atheism ever happen?

No, faith is part of being human. 79 49.07%

Yes, soon enough all men will be atheists. 82 50.93%

Total:161

Las time I made such a thread I was banned, and my last thread before this one was closed without explanation.

So, yes, I know I am playing with fire and have now become a easy target for mods. So, I will not fall for flamebait comments asking me about homossexuality, don´t even try.

But I look foward to intelligent comments, pro or against my premisse. I think Vgchartz has, by far, the most smart gamers of internet in it, and some of the stuff I read (before being banned and having my threads closed) are amazing.

So, I think World Atheism will never happen. Why you can not kill God?

And existing or not have nothing to do with it, lots of non existent concepts have being killed through the ages, so the "you can not kill something that is not real" do not work.

Militant atheism is also a form of brain washing, just like organized religion, it is a "us vs. them" paradigm that benefits no one but those that hold or aspire to power.

People like Richard Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens taught us nothing but to hate people that believe in God, Jesus Christ or the supernatural in general.

For every smart atheist that appears, we have also a amazing christian apologist to answer with the same propriety. Like Frank Turek, John Lennox, Willian Lane Craig and even David Berlinki.

(Pictured: David Berlinski in debate against the late atheist Christopher Hitchens).

And faith is part of the human psyche, it is with us since the dawn of man. Even Carl Jung realized that, for every Freud we had also a Carl Jung that followed.

As for world peace, just watch GO GOD GO cartoon from South Park, a amazing "what if " history of how a world without faith, if possible, would have war just the same.

(Picture: Go God Go - South Park 12th Season)

War and violence is part of us, we have a dark side inside in us all, and a part of us that is good. Religious or not, all men struggle, and will struggle with good and evil.

(Picture: God God Go - South Park 12th Season)

You can forbid religion, but faith will never go away, at most you can trade a faith by another, but if the new religion is science, it will fall short soon enough. Men realize one day or another that the world is not purely a phisycal realm, the divine is always calling us, echoing through the wind. Abolishing faith is nothing but a utopia, it can not happen. It will always ressurrect in some way, shape or form: believing is part of man.

Edit: Even if the day comes when society decides to kill all people of faith and destroy all religious texts, it will still somehow survive and begin to grow again. 

A lot like THE BOOK OF ELI scenario

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network

It'll happen eventually.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

It'll happen eventually.

Science will eventually take over Religion. It may not wipe it off the face of the planet, but the archaic, stagnate, regressive, values of religion will become the minority. It's already happening.

Ya it will happen eventually, natural progression of things. It is like the concept of the four elements disappeared over time, so will most religion. Namely when you enter the Space Age.

Also Athism isn't what people will become, but more agnostic in nature. 

Around the Network

We don't need people like Richard dawkins. What we need are people like Bill nye, degrasse tyson, Omar sulaiman, the pope, etc. What these people have in common is that they are moderates and do not come across as fierce to others.

As for world atheism, I wouldn't be surprised if 60-90+% of our population became non-religious. With how we are so far, I'm pretty sure religious people will end up being outcasts

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

It will become painfully obvious that the myths of past is not an accurate description of reality. And that the divine nature of a God in man's likeness probably never existed - negating the need to kill it. However, what has been revealed may give rise to a new empirical belief system. The universe does not need a God, but it sure as hell remains mysterious none the less. Spiritually doesn't necessarily require mysticism. And thats awesome!!

Yes let us de-evolve back into the Dark ages and repeat the entire cycle of progress for the 5th time through-out known history just because of fearful, scared people who in general are using the fear propaganda control them and turn them into tyrant's.

Wasn't it enough to sack Egypt?
Wasn't it enough to sack Rome?
Wasn't it enough to sack the germanians?

What more do you "Religious" monsters need to make your god happy? burn more people on the cross to save their souls?

Learn from history or repeat it.

I hope if religion comes back into power that you are the first victim because you asked for it.

I am shocked how misinformed people always are, allowing themselves to become idiots and for what? Absolutely nothing.

PSN: Opticstrike90
Steam: opticstrike90

WagnerPaiva said:

at most you can trade a faith by another

Yeah, a "truth" which is exchangable by another, like used socks, is no truth. Only that which is subject to the scientific method and tested is truth.

People will grab unto anything out of ignorance, out of feeling important, out of giving them hope beyond death and their current dire situations.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Modern day religion will die, no if or buts about it. Religion is there to answer what we don't understand the more we learn the less religion has a hold on average person.

Science is not faith, it has nothing to do with faith,