By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - World Atheism will never happen. Why you can not kill God.

Tagged games:

Will worldwide atheism ever happen?

No, faith is part of being human. 79 49.07%

Yes, soon enough all men will be atheists. 82 50.93%

Total:161
Netyaroze said:
WagnerPaiva said:

Some rich countries are having a cycle of atheism, I agree, like Sweden. In other hands, the most powerful nation of the world is a very religious nation, the United States of America.

Also Japan, which is a very high tech society, 80% of the people worship shinto gods, ancestors and believe overall in the supernatural, which, granted, does no imply the acknowledge of a supreme being, but do realize that the world goes beyond the physical realm.

Some european countries do live their most atheistics eras yet, but I believe this may change very soon, with some form of revival in the faith, when even the young folk can discover faith by themselves, in some way or another.

The more a nation has in riches, the less they care for God, this is the absolute truth, but in my opinion it does not mean it will achieve a extreme. At some point, people rediscover the divine somehow, and even with all technological distractions, they find God once again. Time will tell if I am right or wrong.

No, its not absolut truth look at rich countries like Saudi Arabia or Qatar Dubai and others people that simply have money still believe in Religion. Sweden, Denmark, Norway all those countries might be rich but the reason why they do not believe is like mentioned above education.  Thats the key to help people get over this delusion. If you are a critical thinker you can more easily rid yourself of the mental straightjacket that is religion. 

I agree in the sense that the education system forced down kids throats antitheistic theories. But soon enough some of they will find God for themselves. 

It may be shameful to declare themselves believers in something in those countries, but it does not matter, some of them will find faith.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network

There are inteligent people that have faith so i think the world will always have teist.

I agree that we won't have world atheism. Its hard for me to see a world where everyone agrees that God doesnt exist. Personally i believe that there is a God but don't follow a religion.

WagnerPaiva said:
Jpcc86 said:

Education. 

Well, America and Japan are very well educated, and they care for God. So is the case with Israel. Granted, the majority cares less because they have distractions and never really have problems or angst in which faith could help them or lead them into prayer.

But even so, education does not really do the trick, it just helps people that want some justification to forget God, since our education system worldwide is so antitheist, even teaching things that the scientifical comunity acknowledge as hoaxes 20 years ago, like the Lucie fossile or the common descent chart ( Haeckel's drawings)  and things like that.

Science can help one to not feel guilty for going away from God and that I understand.

But I often think about what Francis Bacon said (and many after repeated): a little amount of science makes a person go away from God, but a great amount of knowledge and science brings a person back to God.

Most people are afraid of diving deep into evidence that may show them God exists, and some theories are desesperate atempts to take God out of the equation, like the Multiverse Theory. Funny enough that this theory implies the existence of something beyond the physical realm.

I see many so called scients stating that they would go any route, as long as it does not imply a God. So, it is not even science anymore, because real science would not ignore a possibility. When it comes to a first cause, they rather make the problem bigger and more complex than to understand that God is a necessary constant in the variables of existence.

Anyways, the notion of faith and religion being something of yockos and idiots is false, it is just something that atheists say. A lot of very brilliant men and women are theists.

America is educated however the educated ones are more likely to not believe in god. ( Edit: I take back my previous statement as there is no clear data on that topic).

Atleast I can say that the Bible Belt is not know for their Scientific excellence. 

When I google how religious is Japan it says 40% identify as religious which is the minority and 35% of them are buddhists so they are not believing in an god like abrahamic religions.

The so called Scientist will go any route other than god first because they follow the principle of occams razor. The simplest explanation is the valid one and an infinitely complex god is never the simplest explanation. Its a core principle of science.

How is god a necessary constant in the variables of existence ? 

Theists per se do not necessarily believe the abrahamic religions. Also its hard to realize that religion is illogical if you have been indoctrinated since birth.

Education is important and letting kids discover religion on their own and make up their own mind is also important. If we would not teach our kids religion how many of them would later become religious ? 

WagnerPaiva said:
Netyaroze said:

No, its not absolut truth look at rich countries like Saudi Arabia or Qatar Dubai and others people that simply have money still believe in Religion. Sweden, Denmark, Norway all those countries might be rich but the reason why they do not believe is like mentioned above education.  Thats the key to help people get over this delusion. If you are a critical thinker you can more easily rid yourself of the mental straightjacket that is religion. 

I agree in the sense that the education system forced down kids throats antitheistic theories. But soon enough some of they will find God for themselves. 

It may be shameful to declare themselves believers in something in those countries, but it does not matter, some of them will find faith.

Its not shameful to be religious. Also we never learned any antitheistic theories. Can you clarify what you mean by antitheistic theories ? 

Around the Network
hershel_layton said:
We don't need people like Richard dawkins. What we need are people like Bill nye, degrasse tyson, Omar sulaiman, the pope, etc. What these people have in common is that they are moderates and do not come across as fierce to others.

As for world atheism, I wouldn't be surprised if 60-90+% of our population became non-religious. With how we are so far, I'm pretty sure religious people will end up being outcasts

I think we do need people like Richard Dawkins because he comes up with very clear arguments and analysis. Richard Dawkins takes the time to study his and others arguments and isn't afraid in the least to accept interviews. He is an evolutionary biologist and knows what he is talking about. I think the biggest reason he gets so upset is due to the field he is in - evolution - which is a path that directly intervenes with a lot of religious people's belief system.

I would not want to debate in the same manner as Richard Dawkins but he has added so much material for a viewer to learn from. And yes he can definitely be a disrespectful person.

Bill Nye and DeGrasse Tyson are just so lovable but Bill Nye has also used his arguments in a slightly condescending manner in the past.

jason1637 said:
I agree that we won't have world atheism. Its hard for me to see a world where everyone agrees that God doesnt exist. Personally i believe that there is a God but don't follow a religion.

Organized religion can ruin faith in many cases. I do encourage you to pray once in a while. The God I believe in hear prayers from people sincere in their desiree to know Him.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Just like slavery, women having no rights, death to gay people, etc. it will die way down. Probably not out with all, many people have a spirituality that has nothing to do with one God. But I look forward to the day when so much of the damage cause by religions will be minimized.

Atheist are one of the most under represented groups on Earth. So many people are force to 'stay in the closet' because of how nasty other people behave. Look at some of the recent murders of people who in their blog just said they don't believe in a God. Even Mother Theresa tried to keep her lack of faith private.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Fei-Hung said:
Cirio said:

That is entirely false. Islam believes the Djjal (false messiah/Anti-Christ, one-eyed man) will lead all of the believers astray and will cause the numbers of Muslims and believers in God to diminish almost entirely. This is when Jesus Christ will be brought back and will defeat the Djjal which is one of the major signs leading to the day of judgement. Not sure where you got your explanation from.

You are correct that it does not suggest Atheism, but both examples show that the belief in God will be finished. Your statement of "World Atheism will never happen" is true, but your statement of "Why you can not kill God" is false.

You forgot to mention Hog & Magog, the last horn being blown and the return of the King, and I'm not taking about LoTR lol

PS the Dajjal won't leave everyone astray, only those who have no faith or those who are weak in their faith as they will not see the Dajjal for what he is and they will fall for his false miracles.those who don't fall for his tricks will be a minority and they will be on the run from him. They will seek protection from the 3 sanctuaries he cannot enter, the Harem in Mecca, Majids e Nabwi and Masjid Al Aqsa. 

Also by this time, the population of the world will be smaller than it is now due to WW3 killing off lots of people, Hog & Magog killing lots of people and the great famine that will prequel the arrival of the Dajjal. 

Good explanation. Thanks for sharing.

If Star Trek is to be believed then it will happen