By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - World Atheism will never happen. Why you can not kill God.

Tagged games:

Will worldwide atheism ever happen?

No, faith is part of being human. 79 49.07%

Yes, soon enough all men will be atheists. 82 50.93%

Total:161

I think humanity will eventually conquer death through technology. Not in my life time, probably not in my kids, but after that all bets are off.

Once death is conquered, I think the appeal of God lessens considerably. Right now we need it as humans because death is a depressing thought, we need to be comforted that there is something else.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
I think humanity will eventually conquer death through technology. Not in my life time, probably not in my kids, but after that all bets are off.

Once death is conquered, I think the appeal of God lessens considerably. Right now we need it as humans because death is a depressing thought, we need to be comforted that there is something else.

I don't think immortality will kill off the need of God or lessen it as the chances are only the rich and powerful will have access to the tech. It may happen in stages where:

1) the elite few have it and no one knows of it 

2) The wealthiest of the wealthiest can only afford it 

3) the wealthy and popular can have access to it 

But then as our history proves it will leak out and then you will the big problems where life will have zero value. Humans will be produced to work as slaves, be used as canon fodder etc 

A note to moderators and my fellow charters. You folk need to ease up on your name calling towards people who may have a religion. The wording used by many suggests as fact that all who believe in God are weak, illogical, backwards, mental etc.

WagnerPaiva said:
LadyJasmine said:
I think many people are spiritual nonetheless.

They may not believe in God in a organized religion but think there is a higher power.

I likely fall into that.

A higher power would fit into what I said about faith always finding a way into humans psyche.

The difference is that a person like me believe not only in a higher power, but in a supreme, most high power as the first cause of existence itself.

Your definition of religious is far too Broad. Your definition of atheist is far too narrow. Thomas Jefferson being a deist and removing all the supernatural an interventionist things in his Bible , the Japanese who do not believe in God but believe in the Supernatural. A person without faith who had a paranormal experience. Seem to all fit in your category of religious. Can you give me a spectrum of perceptions that you consider atheist

Hiku said:

You can't kill Zeus, Poseidon, or Athena, either. But here we are.

Easily the best response in this thread.

Around the Network

Everyone is born Atheist. Everyone. After that, it's the religion that recruits and indoctrinates them.

Science will one day make religion irrelevant, it's not a matter of if, but when. (Well for the majority anyway. Some still don't beleive climate change even with evidence.)
There are over 2,000 religions all sprouting the same thing across the planet... Each religion says they hold the answers, but they provide zero evidence.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

WagnerPaiva said:
SonytendoAmiibo said:
If they build enough FEMA camps it could happen. Sorry for the hit and run......

I kinda liked it. And in a situation like that I think a few people would rediscover faith somehow, maybe a bible would be found in a attic or someone would find a gospel movie DVD somewhere, faith would reborn once more.

Actually during the Roman empire when christians were thrown to the lions, the religion went underground and became "the bad" thing to do and also a very popular way to thumb your nose at the government. Kind of like today.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

SonytendoAmiibo said:
WagnerPaiva said:

I kinda liked it. And in a situation like that I think a few people would rediscover faith somehow, maybe a bible would be found in a attic or someone would find a gospel movie DVD somewhere, faith would reborn once more.

Actually during the Roman empire when christians were thrown to the lions, the religion went underground and became "the bad" thing to do and also a very popular way to thumb your nose at the government. Kind of like today.

Indeed, but it will take a lot of work to make religion totally underground again. I am sure the globalists are working hard on that =)

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Hiku said:
Fei-Hung said:

You can if you are Kratos.

I thought you did it on purpose... I was 4 hours too late anyways

Well, I can see people becoming religious in name only, but being openly atheist I do not see. Of course, there are hard atheists (those who say that there is no God) and soft atheists (those who say that we should not believe in a God unless it's proven that he exists) and it is impossible to group all atheists together as it's a generic term instead of a defined group. Personally, I think having an an-com society is more important than eliminating religion.