By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - World Atheism will never happen. Why you can not kill God.

Tagged games:

Will worldwide atheism ever happen?

No, faith is part of being human. 79 49.07%

Yes, soon enough all men will be atheists. 82 50.93%

Total:161
Squall_Leonhart said:
You can't kill that which does not exist....

You sure can, you can kill a idea, a theory, a character, it is possible. You just take it out of people´s mind.

When the SJW and NWO society gets very near to anihilate faith, it will once again be reborn because there is something inside the human being that makes him understand that there is more than meets the eye in existence.

Just like The Book of Eli, I do believe politicians and the elite will push more and more to educate the new generations into atheism, but I think it will be useless.

If anything, what will happen is a more pure faith, when people discover God by themselves, without the organized religion (buildings and systems) assistance.

I always picture a scenario where a young woman finds a old King James Version bible in the attic and starts to read by herself, and then finds faith once again.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network
Birimbau said:

Banning religon is as terrible as forcing people into one religion. Let everyone be happy with their beliefs, as long as they don't use it to hurt others, or put other people in a minor degree of importance compared to others. (I'm christian protestant).

Agree completely, but as a born again christian just like you, I see a strong effort to drive God away from the society, specially in public education. 

My point is that it will be useless, faith will always find a way back into people´s heart somehow.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

WagnerPaiva said:
Birimbau said:

Banning religon is as terrible as forcing people into one religion. Let everyone be happy with their beliefs, as long as they don't use it to hurt others, or put other people in a minor degree of importance compared to others. (I'm christian protestant).

Agree completely, but as a born again christian just like you, I see a strong effort to drive God away from the society, specially in public education. 

My point is that it will be useless, faith will always find a way back into people´s heart somehow.

In my opinion god doesn't have much of a place in public education. I can understand and im even for learning about religion from a philosophical or historical perspective but faith has no place in science class rooms and it should not be treated as fact, just another way of thinking similar to how a civics class can go over both right and left wing beliefs without enforcing either

JWeinCom said:
deskpro2k3 said:

No, I like to get straight to the point, but you are right though.

If I wanted to compare Agnostic to Atheism, I would just say; Atheism would go out and preach that god don't exist, whereas Agnostic will remine skeptical.

Atheism and agnosticism are not mutually exclusive categories, and atheism does not go out and "preach" god doesn't exist.

I guess you never heard of Sam Harris...

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Peh said:

Edit: Atheism is a disbelief and not a believe.

So, atheists don't believe in a god or gods rather than they do believe that God doesn't exist.

This is just false. Atheism is the lack of belief in a deity. Not the active belief there is no deity. There's a distinct difference. Athiests in general do not believe that a deity doesn't exist, they just see no reason to believe one does. It's the same way that a shaved head is a hair style, but a naturally bald head isn't.

Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:
JWeinCom said:

Atheism and agnosticism are not mutually exclusive categories, and atheism does not go out and "preach" god doesn't exist.

Yes... You do realism that Sam Harris is not atheism, right?

WagnerPaiva said:
Birimbau said:

You god has no place in public education. If you think it does, well let me ask you did. You god and the muslim god is the same god, just different prophets. Would you be happy funding (via your taxes) a state-sponsored public muslim school, or better yet, sending your (possibly hypothical) kids to that state sponsored public muslim school? Or how about a state-sponsored public buddhist school? Or a jewish one? Or a sikh one? Or any of the other dozens of religions that all would have to be treated equally by the state if you wanted to integrate religion into schools.

Your relationship with your god has nothing to do with what is taught to children. But I think what you know, and are afraid to say, is that it's far easier to conivince children to believe in religion before they become rational thinking, confident adults.

deskpro2k3 said:
JWeinCom said:

Sam Harris is a gnostic atheist.

padib said:
potato_hamster said:

It's unfortunate that the good of mankind itself isn't enough for you to have hope. There's good all around you, you just chalk it up to a deity rather than the true creators of it - mankind. This of course, is ironic considering that mankind created the concept of a deity in the first place. The very thing that comforts you and gives you hope was created by the ancestors of the very people you feel are so miserable, so bleak, that you need the hope and comfort the concept of a deity gives you to escape it.

It's really too bad you have such little respect for your fellow man that you feel you need what amounts to a comfort blanket to make it through the reality of life that becomes clearer each and every day. Kids come to terms with reality and eventually leave the comfort blanket behind. Perhaps you should too.

Look at how you paint a dark tone of my belief. Your perspective on life for me is not good, and it doesn't promise the good of mankind.

To me, your point of view promises comtempt and pride. Look at how you pretend that you are an adult and I am a child.

Until man admits that a creator exists, he remains in denial, and that denial leads to pride, which is why my post got so many cheap, ad-hominem responses, some even flecked with a healthy dose of latin for those who like to push their pretense of intelligence to the next level. The hatred that my post provoked shows my observation to be true.

Hey man, I'm not the one who has to believe in imaginary friends in order to think my life has meaning. Believing in a deity is childish because if you objectively look at it, it's the same as beliving in Santa Claus. How many people do you think would take you seriously if you said you believed in Santa Claus? The only difference between Jesus and Santa Claus, is that the people who made him up admitted to doing so.

It's ironic how arrogant you are about how right your beliefs are, yet feel you have the right to accuse others of being too prideful. You're projecting your flaws onto others.

No one here hates you. We're laughing at you. There's a difference.

JWeinCom said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Yes... You do realism that Sam Harris is not atheism, right?

potato_hamster said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Sam Harris is a gnostic atheist.

Gnostic = Knowing

Atheist = Disbeliever

and what does he do? He spends a lot of time going to debates and talks around the world. Call it what you want, to to me that is preaching.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5