By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PREDICTION: Pokémon moon and sun will sells over 20 million

Pokémon Sun and moon predictions

15 million or less 91 39.91%

16 million 42 18.42%

17 million 19 8.33%

18 million 19 8.33%

19 million 9 3.95%

20 million 24 10.53%

21 million 3 1.32%

22 million 2 0.88%

23 million 1 0.44%

24 million or more 18 7.89%

Total:228
Metroid33slayer said:
tbone51 said:

I can guarantee you 2 things right now.

1. SuMo isnt going to lose in sales to ORAS (remake) which has over 12mil right now (i think higher than that lifetime? Around 13mil?) SuMo going to do more than 12.5mil by years end too.

2. My first point is totally fact :p

3ds is almost 6 years old now and is on it's last legs. And also nothing can be a fact untill it's actually happened.

DS was already dead when BW came out and that pne is over 15.6mil sold.

I was joking on "fact" but it is very logical. 12.5mil is an easy goal for SuMo. SuMo has alot going for it. One of them being the sales will be explosive during its first year (well month and thw half) rivaling or surpassing BW huge records. 

Around the Network

1. Pokemon Go, is dead, I just checked #43 and dropping in the Itunes free Apps section
2. 3DS is dead

= 15 million or less

GProgrammer said:
1. Pokemon Go, is dead, I just checked #43 and dropping in the Itunes free Apps section
2. 3DS is dead

= 15 million or less

Both points dont mean SuMo will sell less than 15mil. And the way your saying means your thinking 12mil-14mil as 15mil is the high bar.

tbone51 said:

1. SuMo isnt going to lose in sales to ORAS (remake) which has over 12mil right now (i think higher than that lifetime? Around 13mil?) SuMo going to do more than 12.5mil by years end too.

Original series

Pokémon Gen 1 = 31.38 million
Pokémon Gen 2 = 23.10 million
Pokémon Gen 3 = 16.22 million
Pokémon Gen 4 = 17.63 million
Pokémon Gen 5 = 15.60 million
Pokémon Gen 6 = 14.98 million [STILL SELLING]

Remake, as well, always sells a lot.

Pokémon Gen 1 remake = 12.00 million
Pokémon Gen 2 remake = 12.72 million
Pokémon Gen 3 remake = 12.24 million [STILL SELLING]

....I expect XY to end with 17 million lifetime, ORAS with 15 million.

Ryng_Tolu said:
tbone51 said:

Original serie

XY will be minimum 16mil. Ill say 16.6mil lifetime.

Oraa wont be that high imo. If it were that would be a record wouldnt it? ( for all games not just pokemon)

I think Oras will be around 13.4mil.

SuMo can only get to 20mil if it does over 16mil this year alone imo. If it doesnt hit 15mil i dont think it has a chance. I expect better legs in japan at least which xy failed hard at.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Original serie

XY will be minimum 16mil. Ill say 16.6mil lifetime.

Oraa wont be that high imo. If it were that would be a record wouldnt it? ( for all games not just pokemon)

I think Oras will be around 13.4mil.

SuMo can only get to 20mil if it does over 16mil this year alone imo. If it doesnt hit 15mil i dont think it has a chance. I expect better legs in japan at least which xy failed hard at.

ORAS has sold (ship) a strong 400,000 last quarter.

After June was Pokémon Go launch, and we know it is literally explosed. We know is sold over 300k only in USA from July to October. we are going to see massive numbers this quarter, 1 million is possible, i would say 800k-1million this quarter for ORAS. So, since it's at 12.24 million, it should be 13.0-13.3 million by end of September. Imo, no way ORAS sells under 14 million lifetime. So yes ORAS will most likely break a new record for a remake. Which should not be that strange, we know Pokémon remakes are insane.

Yes, Pokémon MS need to sell at least 15 million this year for be over 20 million lifetime, but i'm pretty confident it will. About legs, well i expect to be worse than XY literally everywhere, Japan too. But since XY legs in Japan were very bad i don't think they'll be much worse. They will be way worse in the west, though west launch will be WAY higher than XY, so it's not really a problem... overall the real boom will be in the west, not in Japan. Expecially in USA, we are going to see huge numbers.

I'm going with 17m, that should be good enough.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Here we go. 1 months from launch, pre orders of Sun and Moon are 75% higher than ORAS pre orders in USA, and 120% higher in Europe.

About same in Japan.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand, now is confirme Pokémon Sun and Moon pre orers are the biggest ever in the series.

...But i think this was already a given.

https://mynintendonews.com/2016/10/27/pokemon-sun-and-pokemon-moon-are-the-best-pre-selling-games-in-nintendo-history/

Ryng_Tolu said:
Aaaaaaaaaaaaand, now is confirme Pokémon Sun and Moon pre orers are the biggest ever in the series.

...But i think this was already a given.

https://mynintendonews.com/2016/10/27/pokemon-sun-and-pokemon-moon-are-the-best-pre-selling-games-in-nintendo-history/

Make a thread. Btw not a giving. Dont forget BW. It had a huge advantage. Anywayz glad to hear. 

Make the thread