By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I think Nintendo is afraid to reveal NX

Tagged games:

AZWification said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:

It must have crossed their mind since they patented it. But the SCD comes with certain choises which Nintendo might not find agreeable.

Hmm, which are those?

I would say these are the big ones:

- Difference between mobile and SCD version -> Too Big > wasting resources on games / design -> Too Small > might become a pointless difference (like gamepad really became)

- Full cost ratio -> is selling  +/- 10 m SCD's worth the hassle of two required, and mandatory games versions at all?

- will Japanese 3rd parties follow?  -> If no, Nintendo might lose the likely big support coming from the handheld side and it's not like it has any to spare.

I can imagine that Nintendo thought of even more potential problems.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Around the Network
Stefan.De.Machtige said:
AZWification said:

Hmm, which are those?

I would say these are the big ones:

- Difference between mobile and SCD version -> Too Big > wasting resources on games / design -> Too Small > might become a pointless difference (like gamepad really became)

- Full cost ratio -> is selling  +/- 10 m SCD's worth the hassle of two required, and mandatory games versions at all?

- will Japanese 3rd parties follow?  -> If no, Nintendo might lose the likely big support coming from the handheld side and it's not like it has any to spare.

I can imagine that Nintendo thought of even more potential problems.

Also according to the patents, there will be some sort of cloud based system that can be used to increase power for others when you're not using it. There will be tons of factors when the SCD happens.

Tsk tsk.

Ninty isn't afraid at all.
Following suggestions of analyst gods Michael Pachter and Topper Harley, they struck a deal with Haribo to bundle each NX with 5kg (10kg for premium models) of Gummy Bears.
They'll mercilessly PWN competition!!!1!!!!!11!!!!!ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!ELEVEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Nope. I think that they know when they want to reveal it, and you don't, so it's making you and everyone else paranoid.

bunchanumbers said:

No one knows what NX is. Just Nintendo and a few devs. Did you notice how I bought up all the rumors, treated them as fact, and everyone just accepted them? This is the first post that brings up the vital point that  no one really knows. Kudos.

As for my logic behind it, I stand by it. Pro and Scorpio are unprecedented. Every other Nintendo machine has usually had a year head start from reveal to launch. This machine will buck that trend by a significant amount. Its very unusual for a Nintendo launch. My opinion is that Nintendo isn't sure NX will be a success and their actions reflect that. 

As for the execution, everything is speculation. Along with its marketing, its hardware, and its first party games. Your guess is as good as mine unless you are secretly a Nintendo insider.

I still question the logic because of one glaring thing people using this argument are ignoring, the are 40m PS4s out there already and 20m X1s, by the time Neo is out it may even be 50m PS4s and when Scorpio arrives maybe even 70m PS4s and 40m X1s. You know what this means? The added power of Neo and Scorpio is not even a n issue unless developers, Sony and MS want to ignore the current userbase, the standard models will be the industry standard for a long while so the extra power won't really be a factor.

Every other Nintendo machine wasn't released during the era of easy streaming and social media like today, we're in a different era now days you don't need a year to reveal and market. Marketing is a lot more instant than years ago, fact is the only reason this is even a debate at all is because many people here are impatient and just want to know what NX is for the sake of knowing what it. Had NX been revealed at the start of this year for launch in March what benefit would that have given them? None it only would have served to help their competitors prepare.

Around the Network

Some new info from good ol´Metal Dave
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJV6k-Zktq8

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Mar1217 said:
1. Sorry, but your post is full of assumptions.

2. You and lots people are overthinking it. Nintendo will present the NX when they'll be ready.It's definitely not a matter of being afraid or not.

This ^

bunchanumbers said:
Wyrdness said:

Under what logic though looking at the past what you've suggested isn't going to work in any shape of form, you don't even know what NX is or the execution it will utilize for a start, it reminds me of before the Wii launched tbh.

No one knows what NX is. Just Nintendo and a few devs. Did you notice how I bought up all the rumors, treated them as fact, and everyone just accepted them? This is the first post that brings up the vital point that  no one really knows. Kudos.

As for my logic behind it, I stand by it. Pro and Scorpio are unprecedented. Every other Nintendo machine has usually had a year head start from reveal to launch. This machine will buck that trend by a significant amount. Its very unusual for a Nintendo launch. My opinion is that Nintendo isn't sure NX will be a success and their actions reflect that. 

As for the execution, everything is speculation. Along with its marketing, its hardware, and its first party games. Your guess is as good as mine unless you are secretly a Nintendo insider.

That could say for PS4 and XB1, buy your logic Sony and MS were not sure about PS4 and XB1 and because that they did not reveal the one year before launch!? Again you dont making any sense.

Basically what @Weirdness wrote (down post), that reason why PS4 and XB1 had 6-9 months between launch and revile, only difrence is that NX is relasing 3.5 years later so Nintendo even more shorted period between launch and revile beacuse 3.5 later and today you need even less time for marketing and fact Nintendo said they don't want to reveal NX too soon because competition could still their idea.

Wyrdness said:
bunchanumbers said:

We're in a different era now days you don't need a year to reveal and market. Marketing is a lot more instant than years ago, fact is the only reason this is even a debate at all is because many people here are impatient and just want to know what NX is for the sake of knowing what it. Had NX been revealed at the start of this year for launch in March what benefit would that have given them? None it only would have served to help their competitors prepare.

Miyamotoo said:
bunchanumbers said:

That could say for PS4 and XB1, buy your logic Sony and MS were not sure about PS4 and XB1 and because that they did not reveal the one year before launch!? Again you dont making any sense.

Basically what @Weirdness wrote (down post), that reason why PS4 and XB1 had 6-9 months between launch and revile, only difrence is that NX is relasing 3.5 years later so Nintendo even more shorted period between launch and revile beacuse 3.5 later and today you need even less time for marketing and fact Nintendo said they don't want to reveal NX too soon because competition could still their idea.

Wyrdness said:

We're in a different era now days you don't need a year to reveal and market. Marketing is a lot more instant than years ago, fact is the only reason this is even a debate at all is because many people here are impatient and just want to know what NX is for the sake of knowing what it. Had NX been revealed at the start of this year for launch in March what benefit would that have given them? None it only would have served to help their competitors prepare.

Dude I think there is a bit of a language barrier between us so some of the finer points aren't making it through. It pains me to say, but I think our opinions will never match or make it through to the other person. More than likely I'll be ignoring your responses.

bunchanumbers said:
Miyamotoo said:

Dude I think there is a bit of a language barrier between us so some of the finer points aren't making it through. It pains me to say, but I think our opinions will never match or make it through to the other person. More than likely I'll be ignoring your responses.

You saying that Nintendo is afraid and thats why they didn't reaviel NX year before launch like they done with previous consoles, but you totaly ignoring fact that XB1/PS4 had reveal and launch in less in year (6-9 monts). So by your logic Sony and MS were also afraid and thats why they also did not reveal their consoles one year before launch, lol.

So basically what @Weirdness wrote, thats reason why PS4 and XB1 had 6-9 months between revile and launch, and thats reason why NX will be revel less than year before launch and fact that Nintendo said they don't want to reveal NX too soon because competition could still their idea, not beacsue they are afraid, lol.