By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Pro Wrasslin' Thread (WWE, WWF, WCW, TNA, ROH, NWA, NJPW, etc)

Tagged games:

What match are you excited for at WWE Payback 2017?

Neville vs. Austin Aries ... 1 5.88%

Randy Orton vs. Bray Wyat... 3 17.65%

The Hardy Boyz vs. Cesaro... 3 17.65%

Kevin Owens vs. Chris Jer... 4 23.53%

Bayley vs. Alexa Bliss (Raw Women's Title) 3 17.65%

Seth Rollins vs. Samoa Joe 1 5.88%

Roman Reigns vs. Braun Strowman 2 11.76%

Total:17

roadkillers said:

I had to look up the other matches because they were forgettable. WM33 is forgettable, one of the worst in my opinion.

The way I look at it, WM is the show that is the least intended for wrestling fans.  That's why I'll probably never watch it live again.  I did last year and I was ready to cry tears of blood by the end.  This year, I waited for video to go up, skipped partd that didn't appeal to me, and had a better experience.  

Wrestling just isn't the priority of WrestleMania.

Around the Network

WM17 was fantastic though..

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

Wrestlemania 31 two years ago was amazing too!

1. Brock Lesnar vs Big Show 2003
2. Mark Henry vs Big Show 2011
3. Braun Strowman vs Big Show 2017
All three ring collapsing moments featured Big Show! Big Show is a true legend, I will never understand why the so-called "fans" chant "Please Retire" to Big Show...

Dr.Vita said:

Wrestlemania 31 two years ago was amazing too!

1. Brock Lesnar vs Big Show 2003
2. Mark Henry vs Big Show 2011
3. Braun Strowman vs Big Show 2017
All three ring collapsing moments featured Big Show! Big Show is a true legend, I will never understand why the so-called "fans" chant "Please Retire" to Big Show...

Honestly, watching his last match with Braun, Show has slowed down considerably.  I'm not expecting cruiserweight movement from him, but it looks like he can't even run anymore.  Plus he was being shoved down our throats for the past few years.  I honestly think they needed to do this stuff with Strowman at a PPV.  Their first match was pretty exciting.  Their second match?  Not as much.  Pretty much their first match should have been the culmination of a fued.  I mean, the way they played up Big Show slowly getting worn down.  It would have made a pretty exciting retirement match.

Have you guys seen What culture wrestling are doing a 24 hour charity stream for mental health awareness guys, it's at

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/WhatCultureWrestling

it's in celebration of their channel breaking 1m subscribers should check it out, a good cause there is 9 hours left on the stream they're watching shit wrestling matches recommended by donators.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

I think the reason why WWE is bringing back the Bad Blood PPV this year is that Kane will retire there. It makes sense since he will be running for mayor in his hometown soon so he has to end his professional wrestling career sometime this year. And doing that at the Bad Blood PPV would be awesome because he made his debut 20 years ago at the Bad Blood PPV when he interfered in the first ever Hell in a Cell match between The Undertaker and Shawn Michaels.

My prediction what WWE will do is that they will be doing a storyline between Reigns and Kane where Kane will be retired from Reigns. Makes sense because Kane wants to take revenge against the person who retired his brother. And at the end Reigns will not only be the person who retired The Undertaker, he will become the person who retired The Brothers Of Destruction.

This is pretty darn nifty.  ESPN did an article on Jervis Cottonbelly.  http://www.espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/19211102/killing-kindness-tale-wrestler-jervis-cottonbelly

I don't know how many people have seen him before but he's fun, entertaining and, obviously, unique.  

That was really a good Raw episode. They are using the drafted superstars from SmackDown very good so far!

So, who is looking forward to great balls of fire?

BasilZero said:
pokoko said:
So, who is looking forward to great balls of fire?

Damn you woman ;(

I was about to post this lmao!

@OT - updated poll

What match are you excited for at WWE Payback 2017?

I'm just in shock that it's a real PPV name.

What is Payback?  RAW or ... I can't keep up.  Let's see ...

• Enzo Amore and Big Cass vs. Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson  -  I don't even know but I want G&A to win so they probably won't.
  • Seth Rollins vs. Samoa Joe  -  They're making a big deal out of the "Kingslayer" name.
  • Neville vs. Austin Aries (Cruiserweight Championship)  -  Aries loses because of TJP.
  • Matt and Jeff Hardy vs. Cesaro and Sheamus (Raw Tag Team Championships)   
  • Bayley vs. Alexa Bliss (Raw Women's Championship)
  • Kevin Owens vs. Chris Jericho (United States Championship)  -  Does Owens "injure" Jericho to get him out of the way?
  • Roman Reigns vs. Braun Strowman  -  They don't want Reigns vs. Lesnar yet, I'm guessing, so Strowman wins because Roman is hurt.
  • Randy Orton vs. Bray Wyatt (House of Horrors)  -  Hope this isn't a lame gimmick match that doesn't work in the PG era.