By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Pro Wrasslin' Thread (WWE, WWF, WCW, TNA, ROH, NWA, NJPW, etc)

Tagged games:

What match are you excited for at WWE Payback 2017?

Neville vs. Austin Aries ... 1 5.88%

Randy Orton vs. Bray Wyat... 3 17.65%

The Hardy Boyz vs. Cesaro... 3 17.65%

Kevin Owens vs. Chris Jer... 4 23.53%

Bayley vs. Alexa Bliss (Raw Women's Title) 3 17.65%

Seth Rollins vs. Samoa Joe 1 5.88%

Roman Reigns vs. Braun Strowman 2 11.76%

Total:17
pokoko said:
If Styles leaves SDL then it's clear to me that the WWE still cares more about RAW. The guy is clearly a draw. The only plus would be (hopefully) that he'd reunite with the Club.

It would probably also mean that he'd be there to put over Reigns. That depresses me.

Zayn on SDL needs to happen. He's just a gate-keeper on RAW.

Yep, he is most likely going to reunite with Gallows and Anderson either it is on Raw or SmackDown. On SmackDown we could see Styles feuding with Nakamura and on Raw we could see Styles feuding with Balor. I don't see WWE doing another feud with him and Reigns. He already put him over twice last year at Payback and Extreme Rules (both matches were very good imo), there is no need to restart the feud again. I would prefer to see Styles feuding with Rollins, damn it that would be awesome! But imo the best thing for Styles would be to stay in SmackDown because that's the place where he belongs and he proved that since the brand split. AJ Styles is the face of SmackDown and that's a fact. 

Around the Network
Dr.Vita said:
Nakamura's debut was amazing!!!

Gave me goosebumps!

d21lewis said:
Dr.Vita said:
Nakamura's debut was amazing!!!

Gave me goosebumps!

You don't even know who he is!  Or, wait, did you start watching NXT?

Top 10 Highest Paid WWE Superstars in 2016:
10. Randy Orton - $1.9 million
9. Seth Rollins - $2 million
8. The Undertaker - $2 million
7. Shane McMahon - $2.2 million
6. AJ Styles - $2.4 million
5. Dean Ambrose - $2.7 million
4. Roman Reigns - $3.5 million
3. Triple H - $ 3.8 million
2. John Cena - $8 million
1. Brock Lesnar - $12 million

Source: http://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/46036/Top-10-Highest-Paid-WWE-Superstars-Revealed-Ones-Earning/

First "Shake-Up" pick has been revealed and it is Apollo Crews who is drafting to Raw (I predicted it right ^^).
Imo this is really strange because Raw hasn't even started... Really disrespectful way to treat a talent...

Source: http://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/46037/WWE-Announces-Apollo-Crews-Is-Moving-To-Raw-In/

Around the Network
pokoko said:
d21lewis said:

Gave me goosebumps!

You don't even know who he is!  Or, wait, did you start watching NXT?

Been watching NXT since the first Takeover!

So, RAW gets:
- Apollo Crews
- Kalisto
- Dean Ambrose
- Miz and Maryse
- Curt Hawkins
- Bray Wyatt
- Heath Slater and Rhyno
- Alexa Bliss
- and Mickie James

Well, nothing really jaw dropping here. I'm happy to see Alexa going to RAW. With her and Mickie there, plus the fallout with Nia, Bayley, and Sasha. That all but confirms that Charlotte is going to SmackDown. (Thank Christ! We won't be seeing her vs. Sasha for a while now! Those two are great together, but enough is enough!)

I'm just ecstatic that AJ and Nakamura are staying put. RAW could have everyone else for all I cared, as long as they left those two alone. Now, we play the waiting game.

PAOerfulone said:
So, RAW gets:
- Apollo Crews
- Kalisto
- Dean Ambrose
- Miz and Maryse
- Curt Hawkins
- Bray Wyatt
- Heath Slater and Rhyno
- Alexa Bliss
- and Mickie James

Well, nothing really jaw dropping here. I'm happy to see Alexa going to RAW. With her and Mickie there, plus the fallout with Nia, Bayley, and Sasha. That all but confirms that Charlotte is going to SmackDown. (Thank Christ! We won't be seeing her vs. Sasha for a while now! Those two are great together, but enough is enough!)

I'm just ecstatic that AJ and Nakamura are staying put. RAW could have everyone else for all I cared, as long as they left those two alone. Now, we play the waiting game.

Thank God that AJ Styles didn't move to Raw! Best news of the night!
The Superstar Shake-Up was awful so far. Miz, Maryse and Bray Wyatt were much better on SmackDown and are most likely going to be ruined again on Raw... Same with Dean Ambrose, he was doing so good on SmackDown and he is the freaking IC Champion, how comes that he is being drafted to Raw? The only reason for his draft would be a Shield reunion but that would be too early now imo. And the WWE Championship (which is exclusive on SmackDown) match between Bray Wyatt and Randy Orton will be on a Raw PPV, that's completely bullsh*t. Curt Hawkins on Raw makes no difference, he was a jobber on SmackDown and will be a jobber on Raw. Heath Slater and Rhyno won't find success on Raw either because they are much better Tag Teams on the roster than them. Best thing would have been to split them up on SmackDown. Remember how bad Heath Slater was booked over the last couple of years on Raw and when SmackDown managed to build him up again? Well it looks like this build up was for nothing. Mickie James didn't have enough time on SmackDown, I really doubt that this will change now on Raw. Alexa Bliss was very unique on SmackDown, now with all the other women in the roster she will not be anything special anymore. Only draft which made sense imo was the Kalisto and Apollo Crews draft because they can now work in the Cruiserweight Division (who doesn't want to see Neville vs Kalisto for the Cruiserweight Championship?).

Guys and this wasn't the official WWE Draft 2017, this was only a little Superstar Shake-Up.
The big WWE Draft will happen later this year. Oh boy...

How's this not the draft? Shake up was just a name for the hell of it. It is basically the same exact concept with the exception of having the authority figures out there wasting time on the announcements.

Smack down will need something good later today because as much as Dean, miz, and bray may not be much they were always a big part of the show. Alexa bliss built some star power for the women's division there too. Ko will probably take the US title to Smack down to keep it balanced. Can't complain there. Enzo and Cass, new day, or shamus and Cesaro to SD. A combination of two of those I'd say. No doubt some superstars will have to step up to fill some of the voids left by miz, Dean and bray. I don't think the draft will be too fair to SD today.

Only surprise for me was Ambrose bring the IC belt.  That seems odd.  Kayfabe, why would Shane/Daniel ever allow that?  Does that mean Owens is going to SDL?  

Fan reaction to Braun attacking Roman was one of the most hilarious things I've seen this year.  

d21lewis said:

Been watching NXT since the first Takeover!

My apologies, for some reason I was thinking you were a filthy casual.  I even remember you mentioning NXT now.  It's probably Basil's fault somehow.