By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Pro Wrasslin' Thread (WWE, WWF, WCW, TNA, ROH, NWA, NJPW, etc)

Tagged games:

What match are you excited for at WWE Payback 2017?

Neville vs. Austin Aries ... 1 5.88%

Randy Orton vs. Bray Wyat... 3 17.65%

The Hardy Boyz vs. Cesaro... 3 17.65%

Kevin Owens vs. Chris Jer... 4 23.53%

Bayley vs. Alexa Bliss (Raw Women's Title) 3 17.65%

Seth Rollins vs. Samoa Joe 1 5.88%

Roman Reigns vs. Braun Strowman 2 11.76%

Total:17
pokoko said:

Only surprise for me was Ambrose bring the IC belt.  That seems odd.  Kayfabe, why would Shane/Daniel ever allow that?  Does that mean Owens is going to SDL?  

Fan reaction to Braun attacking Roman was one of the most hilarious things I've seen this year.  

d21lewis said:

Been watching NXT since the first Takeover!

My apologies, for some reason I was thinking you were a filthy casual.  I even remember you mentioning NXT now.  It's probably Basil's fault somehow.  

Most things usually are. 😁

But yeah, the wrestling group I'm in was positive that whoever lost between Roode and Nakamura was coming to the main roster. I was positive it would be Roode because I felt the main roster wouldn't know what to do with Shinsuke (based solely on his look and mic skills). I've never been happy to be so wrong!

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
pokoko said:

Only surprise for me was Ambrose bring the IC belt.  That seems odd.  Kayfabe, why would Shane/Daniel ever allow that?  Does that mean Owens is going to SDL?  

Fan reaction to Braun attacking Roman was one of the most hilarious things I've seen this year.  

My apologies, for some reason I was thinking you were a filthy casual.  I even remember you mentioning NXT now.  It's probably Basil's fault somehow.  

Most things usually are. 😁

But yeah, the wrestling group I'm in was positive that whoever lost between Roode and Nakamura was coming to the main roster. I was positive it would be Roode because I felt the main roster wouldn't know what to do with Shinsuke (based solely on his look and mic skills). I've never been happy to be so wrong!

I figured he would but only because his contract is supposedly for main roster type money.  That, and they just announced a Japanese TV deal.  A coincidence, I'm sure.

A few years ago, I would have absolutely hated the idea of Nakamura on RAW or Smackdown.  Now, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.  Nakamura is one of the best in-ring story-tellers I've ever seen in my life so I think they can mitigate his English issues by playing to that.  His matches against Naito and Ibushi and his rivalry with Tanahashi made me a believer and that was without understanding a word of commentary.

They'd just better now screw up my girl Asuka.  

It still feels crazy to even be talking about this after the WWE formed it's own Universe and pretended Japan and the idies didn't exist for so long.

Dr.Vita said:
PAOerfulone said:
So, RAW gets:
- Apollo Crews
- Kalisto
- Dean Ambrose
- Miz and Maryse
- Curt Hawkins
- Bray Wyatt
- Heath Slater and Rhyno
- Alexa Bliss
- and Mickie James

Well, nothing really jaw dropping here. I'm happy to see Alexa going to RAW. With her and Mickie there, plus the fallout with Nia, Bayley, and Sasha. That all but confirms that Charlotte is going to SmackDown. (Thank Christ! We won't be seeing her vs. Sasha for a while now! Those two are great together, but enough is enough!)

I'm just ecstatic that AJ and Nakamura are staying put. RAW could have everyone else for all I cared, as long as they left those two alone. Now, we play the waiting game.

Thank God that AJ Styles didn't move to Raw! Best news of the night!
The Superstar Shake-Up was awful so far. Miz, Maryse and Bray Wyatt were much better on SmackDown and are most likely going to be ruined again on Raw... Same with Dean Ambrose, he was doing so good on SmackDown and he is the freaking IC Champion, how comes that he is being drafted to Raw? The only reason for his draft would be a Shield reunion but that would be too early now imo. And the WWE Championship (which is exclusive on SmackDown) match between Bray Wyatt and Randy Orton will be on a Raw PPV, that's completely bullsh*t. Curt Hawkins on Raw makes no difference, he was a jobber on SmackDown and will be a jobber on Raw. Heath Slater and Rhyno won't find success on Raw either because they are much better Tag Teams on the roster than them. Best thing would have been to split them up on SmackDown. Remember how bad Heath Slater was booked over the last couple of years on Raw and when SmackDown managed to build him up again? Well it looks like this build up was for nothing. Mickie James didn't have enough time on SmackDown, I really doubt that this will change now on Raw. Alexa Bliss was very unique on SmackDown, now with all the other women in the roster she will not be anything special anymore. Only draft which made sense imo was the Kalisto and Apollo Crews draft because they can now work in the Cruiserweight Division (who doesn't want to see Neville vs Kalisto for the Cruiserweight Championship?).

Guys and this wasn't the official WWE Draft 2017, this was only a little Superstar Shake-Up.
The big WWE Draft will happen later this year. Oh boy...

Either Lesnar goes to SmackDown (too late now, but you never know) or Orton has to retain, because if Wyatt wins, SmackDown would be completely fucked over. Which is a load of bull because AJ vs Nakamura for the championship is a WM main event (though I think it'll be at SummerSlam since Vince has his mind set on Roman vs. Brock)
I wouldn't say Alexa will be lost in the shuffle. She has great mic skills and carries herself like a champion. Now when it comes to the ring, she's no Bayley or Sasha, but I think she'll be ok.

So to recap:
RAW gets:
- The Miz & Maryse
- Intercontinental Champion Dean Ambrose
- Bray Wyatt
- Alexa Bliss
- Mickie James
- Apollo Crews
- Kalisto
- Heath Slater & Rhyno
- Curt Hawkins

SmackDown gets:
- United States Champion Kevin Owens
- Charlotte Flair
- The New Day
- Rusev & Lana
- Sami Zayn
- The Shining Stars
- Sin Cara
- Jinder Mahal
- Tamina

I'll give the win to SmackDown, if nothing else, for keeping Styles and Nakamura on the same show!
This SummerSlam's main event should be the greatest one, arguably, of all time!

To be honest I preferred the old roster much more than the new one. I think the Superstar Shake-Up was a huge failure but it is what it is so let's wait and see how things will go on in the future.

And it looks like Finn Balor is injured AGAIN.
http://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/46070/Finn-Balor-Injured-Again/

Around the Network

Damn, that poor guy just can't catch a break.

PAOerfulone said:

Damn, that poor guy just can't catch a break.

The fuck is wrong with Jinder?  Or the majority of the roster for that matter.  This is suposed to be choreographed, there shouldn't be this many injuries in wrestling.  And change the mat, getting slammed on plywood is stupid.

Found this gem:
https://youtu.be/P4RFCRpp9P0

So the Superstar Shake-Up was the only "Draft" this year
https://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/46156/WWE-Not-Holding-A-WWE-Draft-This-Year/

Okay, Wrestlemania was literally depressing as ****. I almost unsubscribed, but with the promise of Nakumura and AJ Styles still being phenominal I am keeping it for the Pay Per Views.

What in the hell was that? I mean the whole stadium looked cool, but really? I didn't give a **** about the Battle Royal and I still don't give a **** about Mojo Rawley. Dudes friends with Gronk? I'd like to see them feud, but overall I don't care about Rawley.

The cruiserweight title match was alright, but nothing show stealing. Why work hard when your not on the main show. Ambrose vs. Baron Corban was a pre-show?? Really..

1) Shane vs. AJ - AJ carried Shane. AJ made the match. Shane was totally missing something in this match, but AJ had all the energy.
2) Raw Womens Fatal Four Way - Best match of the night, basically the samething that made the NXT Takeover tag match fantastic. One dominant person being teamed up by the smaller gals. Fantastic, but after she was eliminated it was back to the same old thing we've seen for over a year.
3) Smackdown Womens - I don't even remember this one, except that glow in the dark chick won.
4) HHH vs. Seth - I was hoping for more brutality at least from Seth's end. For a No Sanctions match this didn't deliver like it should have. HHH wanted to end Seth's career and Seth wanted to get back at HHH. Should have been more brutal, but seems to lead the story of Steph being gone.
5) Goldberg vs. Brock - This match was hella fun. I thought Goldberg might win out of the gate lol. Then a spear through the barricade. Definitely cheering for Goldberg on this one. Fun match.
6) Undertaker vs. Roman Reigns - It was passed due for the Undertaker to go. It was sad at this point I think. He should have ended his career after beating Bray.

I had to look up the other matches because they were forgettable. WM33 is forgettable, one of the worst in my opinion.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e