By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Pro Wrasslin' Thread (WWE, WWF, WCW, TNA, ROH, NWA, NJPW, etc)

Tagged games:

What match are you excited for at WWE Payback 2017?

Neville vs. Austin Aries ... 1 5.88%

Randy Orton vs. Bray Wyat... 3 17.65%

The Hardy Boyz vs. Cesaro... 3 17.65%

Kevin Owens vs. Chris Jer... 4 23.53%

Bayley vs. Alexa Bliss (Raw Women's Title) 3 17.65%

Seth Rollins vs. Samoa Joe 1 5.88%

Roman Reigns vs. Braun Strowman 2 11.76%

Total:17

WTF am I watching?

Around the Network

Well, that was a horrible first trailer for See No Evil 3.

Yeah, that's what I meant. lol

Wow, Roman, you look like shit.

Really good PPV. Started very strong and went downhill a bit but not too much.

LOVE the direction for Cesaro & Sheamus and it was something I was hoping would happen.

Aries vs. Neville was the MOTN. Excellent in all facets. Both are skilled, not just at wrestling, but at playing the crowd.

Bliss was wonderful, she's such a natural heel.

The main event stuff was kind of a drag, though. Rollins match was so slow because it was all about his knee, then the Reigns match was all about making excuses so they can put off Reigns vs. Lesnar. The "House of Horrors" stuff ... well, to be honest, I skipped through most of it.

Still, well worth watching.

One thing that really bugs me, however, is how much time the announcers spend gushing about how amazing Roman Reigns is. Babyface or heel, they all suddenly convert to the Reigns Fanclub. I know it's backstage direction but don't they realize that it actually turns people AGAINST Reigns to have to hear all that propaganda? All they're doing is reinforcing the idea that he's the hand-picked Golden Boy, which is the reason he got turned against in the first place. Someone needs to step up and explain to Vince why it doesn't work.

Around the Network

Good PPV, especially because there were so many surprises I didn't expect!
8/10

The overall pay per view was great. Solid wrestling with Jerico vs Owens. Neville and Aries had the match of the night. I missed Alexa's match , Joe vs Seth was solid (I forgot how well Joe just busts out submissions). The House of Horrors match was best left as an angle on Smackdown leading into a steel cage match at the PPV, but alas, their highly paid monkeys can't think of things. Pretty good overall.

Poor Pat Patterson :(

So is Charlotte a babyface now?

PAOerfulone said:
So is Charlotte a babyface now?

I think yes. But the better question is what happened with the whole Ric Flair/Charlotte storyline they started months ago on Raw?