By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Pro Wrasslin' Thread (WWE, WWF, WCW, TNA, ROH, NWA, NJPW, etc)

Tagged games:

What match are you excited for at WWE Payback 2017?

Neville vs. Austin Aries ... 1 5.88%

Randy Orton vs. Bray Wyat... 3 17.65%

The Hardy Boyz vs. Cesaro... 3 17.65%

Kevin Owens vs. Chris Jer... 4 23.53%

Bayley vs. Alexa Bliss (Raw Women's Title) 3 17.65%

Seth Rollins vs. Samoa Joe 1 5.88%

Roman Reigns vs. Braun Strowman 2 11.76%

Total:17

Minoru Suzuki and his stable, SuzukiGun, are back in New Japan and they've put all the other stables on notice.  This makes me happy.

Not only is Suzuki one of the legit baddest men in pro-wrestling, he was also in One Piece.  You can't beat that.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

Whaa?? Which ep is this from :o?

A Chopper Man special!

Just don't piss him off.

So I gave up watching the rumble for Wrestle Kingdom. It was awful. So I skip past it and what do I see? Tigermask and Dark Tigermask! I saw 5 minutes of that anime at a Halloween Anime convention.

BasilZero said:
darkknightkryta said:
So I gave up watching the rumble for Wrestle Kingdom. It was awful. So I skip past it and what do I see? Tigermask and Dark Tigermask! I saw 5 minutes of that anime at a Halloween Anime convention.

Rumble? The Royal Rumble happened already? wat

NEW JAPAN RUMBLE YOU WWE CASUAL -_-

Skipped the rest of the matches. the PPV was putting me to sleep and when I woke up to Cody vs CJ Perkins, it was just terrible. Cody was good, Perkins is bad. Was he like that in NXT? I'm about half way through the Omega match. It was "good" so far, but it took a while to get to that backflip spot into the table spot. Plus the way Okada stopped selling the back work that Kenny was doing was a bit of a disappointment. Hopefully they work off the table spot well.

Around the Network

Just finished watching. The second half was way better. They really needed that spot with the back flip into the announce table. It put the match to the next level. The beginning of the match needed to be better though. Kenny should have researched back submissions, or just work the neck instead. Okada also really needed to have sold the back work that Kenny did. The ending wasn't good either. You don't get hit by your opponents finisher, twice, and then no sell it. Still a solid 4/5

I'm watching some old replays of the Rumble on the Network. Man they had some awesome rosters. The 90 rumble has Shawn Michaels, Hitman, Andre the Giant, Hulk Hogan, Jake the Snake, Million Dollar Man, Hot Rod, Macho King, Honky Tonk Man, Ultimate Warrior, Mr. Perfect and the American Dream off the top of my head.

I think that the late 80s early 90s might be the best roster the WWF/WWE ever had.

BasilZero said:
ktay95 said:

NEW JAPAN RUMBLE YOU WWE CASUAL -_-

Oh okay ;o......dayum sons.

New Japan has kind of a Wrestle Kingdom tradition where they try to bring in some of the older stars while trying to get all the undercard guys on the show.  WWE does kind of the same thing.  I always skip it, since I don't know a lot of the guys they bring back.  This year they brought Scott Norton back, who still looks like he could kill most people half his age.

pokoko said:

New Japan has kind of a Wrestle Kingdom tradition where they try to bring in some of the older stars while trying to get all the undercard guys on the show.  WWE does kind of the same thing.  I always skip it, since I don't know a lot of the guys they bring back.  This year they brought Scott Norton back, who still looks like he could kill most people half his age.

The thing about Scott Norton is

badgenome said:
pokoko said:

The thing about Scott Norton is

That's a Scott Steiner level promo.

Though, how the hell do you stop at 298 and not push on to 300?