By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Pro Wrasslin' Thread (WWE, WWF, WCW, TNA, ROH, NWA, NJPW, etc)

Tagged games:

What match are you excited for at WWE Payback 2017?

Neville vs. Austin Aries ... 1 5.88%

Randy Orton vs. Bray Wyat... 3 17.65%

The Hardy Boyz vs. Cesaro... 3 17.65%

Kevin Owens vs. Chris Jer... 4 23.53%

Bayley vs. Alexa Bliss (Raw Women's Title) 3 17.65%

Seth Rollins vs. Samoa Joe 1 5.88%

Roman Reigns vs. Braun Strowman 2 11.76%

Total:17
BasilZero said:
bunchanumbers said:
The zooming in on Zigglers face after his loss and his losing streak made me smile for some reason. It was like 'I can't believe I turned heel for this shit.'

But the Wyatt family losing is really sad for me. I really think they should have held the titles for at least a year.

I think they'll turn that into his gimmick - turning heel cause of frustration of losing. Turning him into a killer heel and not a chickenshit heel like Miz or when Rollins was heel.

I don't even know if he could be classified as a heel technically. Yes he is fighting faces now but I'd almost put him in a reluctant heel/angry face category.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
bunchanumbers said:

I don't even know if he could be classified as a heel technically. Yes he is fighting faces now but I'd almost put him in a reluctant heel/angry face category.

You mean a Tweener :P

Yeah. I wasn't familiar with the term but yeah. Right now he is in Razor Ramone territory which is a face that can lose. If memory serves Tito Santana and Face Golddust, maybe Fit Finley and Jack Swagger are in that category. Fans still love them but they lose. Which is fine if you want a long career. But it seems like that isn't what he is looking for.

I won't consider him a real heel until he gets some serious heat. Like maybe he interferes with the Styles/Cena match and gives Cena his record tying title. That would make him an enemy of wrestling purists.

The Ziggler situation kind of reminds me a little of the famous Jericho heel turn in WCW, which happened over the course of several weeks.  He'd lose, throw a huge tantrum, apologize, then start the cycle again until he finally snapped.  One of my favorite "slow" turns ever.

pokoko said:

The Ziggler situation kind of reminds me a little of the famous Jericho heel turn in WCW, which happened over the course of several weeks.  He'd lose, throw a huge tantrum, apologize, then start the cycle again until he finally snapped.  One of my favorite "slow" turns ever.

lol! priceless. I miss that about the old days. You could really build up to something like that. I mean you could say that he is priming himself for a big turn. This losing streak has been going on for a while.

badgenome said:
darkknightkryta said:

I only remember one Nitro... or Thunder.  Probably Thunder cause Steviewouldn't have gotten time on Nitro. Stevie interrupted one of Booker's match and then hit the jobber with his slapjack.  It was to prove a point.

How dare you?! Stevie Ray was the leader of the NWO (B-team)! And he was also a pretty hilarious commentator who was at the very least no worse than anyone else doing commentary on Nitro at the time.

Yeah he was the leader of NWO Thunder.  They only appeared during Thunder and apparently only consisted of Stevie Ray.

Around the Network
pokoko said:

I miss Jericho doing the Lion Tamer.  He Boston Crab doesn't look as painful.

darkknightkryta said:

I know. Seems like a really safe move to have to dumb down like that. Did he ever use the Tamer in the WWF, or has the Walls always been the Lion Lamer?

badgenome said:
darkknightkryta said:

I know. Seems like a really safe move to have to dumb down like that. Did he ever use the Tamer in the WWF, or has the Walls always been the Lion Lamer?

only on special occasions. Like one guy got caught in a ladder during a TLC match and he put him in the liontamer from there. I loved that move but it always looked like it could kill someone.

bunchanumbers said:

only on special occasions. Like one guy got caught in a ladder during a TLC match and he put him in the liontamer from there. I loved that move but it always looked like it could kill someone.

I see... seems like you couldn't really do a regular crab on a ladder anyway, though.

I wonder if it has to do with the bigger size of the guys in WWE vs. the cruiserweights he was wrestling in WCW.

badgenome said:
bunchanumbers said:

I see... seems like you couldn't really do a regular crab on a ladder anyway, though.

I wonder if it has to do with the bigger size of the guys in WWE vs. the cruiserweights he was wrestling in WCW.

I think it has to do with how escapable it is.  The WoJ allows people to crawl to the ropes, which they do every time.  WWE babyfaces never give up!