By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Perfect Scored Games Of The Gen

Has This Gen Produced More 10/10 Games For You Than Last Gen So Far?

Yes 19 14.73%

No 98 75.97%

Its About The Same 12 9.30%

Total:129

SMTIV and Apocalypse

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:
Ariakon said:

Especially Soma. I bought it off a whim on a flash sale and was blown away, one of the best stories in gaming.

Frictional is great. Have you played the Penumbra games?

I always wanted to, but my PC was, well, not the best when it came out. I see they're on GOG, so I might try them on my laptop. I'm always interested in horror with interesting storylines. I want to play Amnesia, as well. 

Bloodborne, Overwatch & Super Mario 3D World.

A number of other games come close, but those are the only 3 as of right now

Ariakon said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Frictional is great. Have you played the Penumbra games?

I always wanted to, but my PC was, well, not the best when it came out. I see they're on GOG, so I might try them on my laptop. I'm always interested in horror with interesting storylines. I want to play Amnesia, as well. 

The first two Penumbras are solid survival horror games. The third is the weakest. It's more of a puzzle game in a horror setting. But it does tie up some loose ends in the story.

Bloodborne gets the highest honors from me for finally helping me spearhead into the Souls franchise, and then the Soulslike genre after that. The combination of horror, action, and that oh-so-delicious Souls storytelling made for a game that u thought couldn't be any more perfect... Until I played multiplayer, and my mind was blown.

Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin became my second conscious effort at the Souls franchise, and this was the ball in the coffin that secured me as a diehard Soulslike fan. No, it's not the best Souls, but it was better than most anything else that came out that year.

Salt & Sanctuary is above and beyond one of my favorite games of all time now. The marriage between Souls and Metroidvania made one of the most amazing experiences I've had in gaming.

Dark Souls III is also near the top of my list, further pushing the Soulslike Fandom you have surely noticed by now. The blend of Dark Souls and Bloodborne to make the semi-fast gameplay of Dark Souls III won me over.

inFAMOUS: Second Son also got high marks from me for blending this person action adventure with third person shooter so seamlessly. Definitely one of the most underrated games this gen.

Hyper Light Drifter is also a fantastic game, blending Legend of Mana and Legend of Zelda with a bit of Soulslike storytelling thrown in. The graphics are superb as well.

Muramasa: Rebirth gets high marks for its insane and quick twitch combat that seems to come naturally to me. Despite my natural affinity for the game, though, it proved to be my most difficult Platinum yet.

You can't mention Muramasa without also bringing up Odin Sphere: Liefthrasir,though. The remaster feels more like a remake buy making use of the original assets and new ones to remix the game in a familiar-yet-new way. Throw in the fact that they also included the original version of the game, and you've got a great value for a beautiful game with great combat.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network

I am an extremely harsh critic when it comes to these things. High scores are an achievement; 8's are very good, 9's are exceptional and 10 out of 10s almost impossible. I would only score my favorite game of all-time a perfect 10.

So by that, there hasn't been any game this generation that would get the score, or even near it, and neither has there been in the last.

The best games to me this generation have been Resident Evil Revelations, Luigi's Mansion 2 and Super Mario 3D Land. None of those rank as high as my favorites from last generation though, but they would be solid 8-8.5's to me. Uncharted 4 is probably also one of the best earning a similar score, though I personally expected a bit more from it and was subsequently let down a tiny bit. Maybe me expectations were too high, who knows. I actually had more "fun" with Tomb Raider, so maybe I should consider that one for a nice score as well.

Anyway I should play Bloodborne considering the praise it gets from pretty much everyone here.

Versus_Evil said:
Wright said:

So far there's only one game I'd give a perfect score, and that's The Talos Principle. One of the best games I've ever played, with a fantastic plot behind it and clever puzzles that challenge you in more ways than one. The soundtrack is very beautiful and the philosophical implications are always nice to ponder about and discuss. Seriously, this game is amazing.

A game that i would play, but man, just like the Witness its bloody exspensive  :( and i could only afford one overpriced indie.

Those 2 games are better and more polished that most AAA games. I loved both of them.

For instance I was very disappointed by batman arkham knight and Shadow of mordor. Both suposedly AAA games but so boring and   conventional I couldn't finish them.

But I adored The talos principle and the Witness (and those 2 games are quite big games too). 

TLDR: Indies vs AAA doesn't mean anything nowadays. What matters most in my experience is the critical reception of the game. Don't let the 'indie' label deter you from buying a highly rated game.

Bayonetta 2 for me. The Talos Principle was very good too, but I'd give that one a 9/10.

Wii U: Super Mario 3d World, Mario Kart 8, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Splatoon, Smash Wii U and Bayonetta 2.

Ps4: Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4, Infamous Second Son and Ratchet & Clank.

Xbox One: Ori and the Blind Forest, Forza Horizon 2 and 3

Pc: The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt, Metal Gear Solid 5: the Phantom Pain, Deus ex Mankind Divided, Doom, Overwatch and Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn.

3ds: Pokemon X/Y, Zelda a link between,worlds, Luigi Mansion Dark Moon, Persona Q, shin megami tensei 4 and 4 apocalypse, mario 3d land, Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance and Bravely Default.

Ps Vita: Danganronpa 1 and 2, Tearaway and Gravity Rush

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)

Rocket League which has become my 2nd most played game ever.
Personally a 4 Golden, which I forgot about until I saw another Vita game mentioned here. It's been so long since I gamed on Vita that I forget it's a part of this gen.