By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Slim release sees UK Xbox One hardware sales rocket 1,000%

Xbox has stormed the UK console market following the launch of new Xbox One S models.

The release of the firm's new slim 500GB and 1TB SKUs saw Xbox One sales rise 989 per cent week-on-week. 

The Xbox One had a 71 per cent share of the hardware market for the week ending September 24th, according to GfK data obtained by MCV. That’s an increase of 76 per cent year-on-year. 

A new slimmed-down PS4 arrived earlier this month, but sales have so far been slow. PlayStation 4 had a market share of just 19 per cent last week, with unit sales declining 66 per cent year-on-year, although sales were up 22 per cent week-on-week. When the launch weeks for PS4 Slim and the 500GB/1TB Xbox One S are compared, Microsoft’s were stronger to the tune of 361 per cent.

Sony will be hoping that buyers are holding out for the launch of the high-spec £349 PS4 Pro in November.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/slim-release-sees-xbox-one-hardware-sales-rocket-1-000/0173127

Around the Network

Honestly surprised at this bit of information.

Let's chalk it up as cheap 4K Blu-ray players. I bought my PS3 mainly as a Blu-ray player. This should go towards 4K Blu-ray player sales. 😒

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

Good week for them, not really a surprise as A:) the 2tb s launched with extremely low numbers last month (around 7k or so), it came with an early copy of Fifa and was on sale for 199 pounds. Still, it's nice to see that the Xbox has some fight in it, at least. 

It will be interesting to see what ps4 does this week with all those crazy deals for the OG system and Fifa for 149 pounds. 

Congrats to MS really. they did a great job on the Xbox S. Cheers.

Praise the One.

Around the Network

1000% of 0 is still 0

Just kidding XD congratz on the One S! I'm prob going to get one soon

Oh this is good news for the XB1 in one of its stronger markets! Granted I honestly thought this was for WW when I first came into the thread. But still great job for MS and the XB1! Keep it up!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Looks like we're back to the ps4 is doomed days. Anyway the article answered it itself. Markets like the UK will be more inclined to be affected by people pre ordering the Pro.

Damn!!! Not to mention the Gears 4 and Battlefield 1 bundles that are coming in the next couple of weeks.

Proud to be a Californian.

Great news for the xbox!