By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Slim release sees UK Xbox One hardware sales rocket 1,000%

Wow, I'm really surprised. I guess people really did hate that external power supply!

To me the S doesn't seem that much better than the original, yes the 4K blu-ray player. is nice, but what are 4k Blu ray disc sales? (As I understand Sony and Microsoft basically share the 4k format. Even my PlayStation roomie is thinking he might want to get a 4k player.)

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network
AsGryffynn said:
Kerotan said:

Devs don't allow.  The consumers who play their games do. 

I have no idea what you're implying. If I have to spell it out for you, there are around 33 million console and portable gamers in Britain AND Japan... 

And your point is? 

that's about ~2.8 billion
2016 will be even less.

While retail only, the UK is still slightly behind Japan, including digital the UK should be already ahead, because of the very very low digital attachrate in Japan (for the traditional Console & Handheld market) Mobile is of course 100% digital and growing rapidly

Kerotan said:
AsGryffynn said:

I have no idea what you're implying. If I have to spell it out for you, there are around 33 million console and portable gamers in Britain AND Japan... 

And your point is? 

Read the post above... 

Kerotan said:
Lrdfancypants said:

So which market is bigger ?  Japan or UK?

They're pretty even markets. Japan probably overall if you include mobile and handheld gaming. 

Yes, they are pretty even. The UK market is very healthy, I would like to know what kind of accessories sells there.  But the Japanese market has a lot of handheld consoles, the high drop of consoles sales are due to the handheld market.

Japan's mobile market is probably 2x bigger, or even more, than the entire UK gaming market(PC, Console, Mobile), combined.

Around the Network
AsGryffynn said:
Kerotan said:

And your point is? 

Read the post above... 

It just confirms what I've been saying.  Japan has been bigger and the UK is in the process of passing it. Japan still bigger at retail and if you include mobile gaming the japanese industry is still well ahead.  what I've been saying all along. 

Kerotan said:
AsGryffynn said:

Read the post above... 

It just confirms what I've been saying.  Japan has been bigger and the UK is in the process of passing it. Japan still bigger at retail and if you include mobile gaming the japanese industry is still well ahead.  what I've been saying all along. 

When it comes to a negligible difference and mobile gaming, I don't count those as markets.