By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Slim release sees UK Xbox One hardware sales rocket 1,000%

Carl2291 said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

XBO may be 989% up in weekly sales, but is only 76% up YOY that week... this really mean that the lasts weeks was selling nothing, and will most likely back down YOY soon.

Also PS4 down YOY by 66%... that's super bomba.

I haven't checked, but I think it being down YoY by that much must mean it was FIFA launch last year.

I noticed on Gaf that someone said it was the week before that, but I'm not certain of that. 

Around the Network

so if it sold 10 times as much this week... how much did it sell last week?

good for ms
xbox slim will help them to get us and uk market back

JRPGfan said:
so if it sold 10 times as much this week... how much did it sell last week?

It's likely we'll never know. 

zero129 said:
Kerotan said:
Looks like we're back to the ps4 is doomed days. Anyway the article answered it itself. Markets like the UK will be more inclined to be affected by people pre ordering the Pro.

Really? your the first one to say it in this thread..

Yeah it is.  Why?

Around the Network

That is good but it is about consistency. Let see if it keeps the good sales

Versus_Evil said:

Speaking as someone who owns a Ps4 original and not  any version of an Xbox One im not surprised. The ps4 slim offers nothing of value over the original and compared to the xbox one s thats the same price as the Ps4 slim, its an unappealing product.

No, it isn´t. it is still the best console to play games. The reason Xbox One S is selling so much is because Xbox One owners upgrading AND Fifa bundle, that´s about it, the dust will settle and everything will go back to normal soon enough.

With Pro coming out, for more 50e you get a better Console and much more powerful, the core market will eat up Ps4 Pro, as for the casual market and pricepoint, Slim will have the advantage over Xbox One S for the rest of this gen if Sony wants to since it costs way less to produce than Xbox One S.

Sony is looking for profit right now, but you can bet here, once holidays arrive and Slim drops to 249e with Cod, Watch Dogs, FF XV and Fifa bundles, it´s done for Microsoft again.

Now Scorpio will be a whole different story and there Microsoft can make some serious serious turn around. 

Anyway, great to see Xbox One doing great, hopefully is cranks 30m sales by the end of the year.

Xbo One S is a fine piece of hardware presenting a nice value. Glad to see it received well.

PC I i7 3770K @4.5Ghz I 16GB 2400Mhz I GTX 980Ti FTW

Consoles I PS4 Pro I Xbox One S 2TB I Wii U I Xbox 360 S

The Xbox one s is an actual upgrade over the Xbox one while the ps4 s is not over the ps4. Just my opinion.

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

iNathan said:
Versus_Evil said:

Speaking as someone who owns a Ps4 original and not  any version of an Xbox One im not surprised. The ps4 slim offers nothing of value over the original and compared to the xbox one s thats the same price as the Ps4 slim, its an unappealing product.

No, it isn´t. it is still the best console to play games. The reason Xbox One S is selling so much is because Xbox One owners upgrading AND Fifa bundle, that´s about it, the dust will settle and everything will go back to normal soon enough.

With Pro coming out, for more 50e you get a better Console and much more powerful, the core market will eat up Ps4 Pro, as for the casual market and pricepoint, Slim will have the advantage over Xbox One S for the rest of this gen if Sony wants to since it costs way less to produce than Xbox One S.

Sony is looking for profit right now, but you can bet here, once holidays arrive and Slim drops to 249e with Cod, Watch Dogs, FF XV and Fifa bundles, it´s done for Microsoft again.

Now Scorpio will be a whole different story and there Microsoft can make some serious serious turn around. 

Anyway, great to see Xbox One doing great, hopefully is cranks 30m sales by the end of the year.

Dude wasn't referring to Pro.  He was only referring original PS4 to PS4 Slim.