By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Slim release sees UK Xbox One hardware sales rocket 1,000%

Faelco said:

But the PS4 Japan sales rocketed 17,000 % (or something like this) when the Slim released, so which one is doomed? Or do pourcentages mean nothing without real numbers? I'm lost :/

Nintendo is doomed, it always is.

DialgaMarine said:

PS4's slower sales definitely chalked up to be because of PS4 Pro's imminent release. PS4 Slim wasn't designed to change PS4 or recreate the market; just to be the standard model to carry on the sales where the OG model is leaving off. Still excited to see how the Pro will do WW. 

People should also take into account that they're still not giving solid numbers. We got solid numbers when PS4 Slim killed it in JP sales. Here, they're just giving percentages that changed from one week to another. How do we know that the week prior the XB1 sold anymore than 100 consoles? in which case it would only be up to 1100-ish. We know those specific numbers obviously not the case here, but it's easy to take stats and twist them in a way to paint a different picture from the truth is the point.

Have X1 sold as much in this week on UK as PS4 sold in its lifetime? Because PS4 done it against X1 in Japan.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Ariakon said:
Faelco said:

But the PS4 Japan sales rocketed 17,000 % (or something like this) when the Slim released, so which one is doomed? Or do pourcentages mean nothing without real numbers? I'm lost :/

Doesn't count. When speaking of console wars, only the US and UK count, for some reason. 

(note: I'm not saying this thread is straying too far into that, only that the article op quoted does a little too much console comparison. It's a shame, really, it seems like neither console can have a good week save in relation to how the other performs)

It all makes sense now.  Only UK and US count.  That explains why the ps4 is doomed!  

Ps4 slim sold 150k in Japan over 2 weeks.  Get back to me when ps4 slim or xbox slim pull off something similar in the UK. 

Kerotan said:
Ariakon said:

Doesn't count. When speaking of console wars, only the US and UK count, for some reason. 

(note: I'm not saying this thread is straying too far into that, only that the article op quoted does a little too much console comparison. It's a shame, really, it seems like neither console can have a good week save in relation to how the other performs)

It all makes sense now.  Only UK and US count.  That explains why the ps4 is doomed!  

Ps4 slim sold 150k in Japan over 2 weeks.  Get back to me when ps4 slim or xbox slim pull off something similar in the UK. 

So which market is bigger ?  Japan or UK?

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

Can we PLEASE have 1000% switched to 989%? This is important. I need to sleep tonight/work tomorrow.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Tose are crazy sales. Last year the xb1 did 22k Fifa launch week according to VGC and since the FIFA bundle came out i can see it being above 22k. Good sales MS.

Around the Network

Good on them. With games like Fifa, forza and gears, I'm hoping they are able to keep the momentum going into the holiday season.

Lrdfancypants said:
Kerotan said:

So which market is bigger ?  Japan or UK?

They're pretty even markets. Japan probably overall if you include mobile and handheld gaming. 

zero129 said:
Kerotan said:

They're pretty even markets. Japan probably overall if you include mobile and handheld gaming. 

It also depends on the type of games id imagine. Clearly some games are going to do better in the UK and some in Japan.

Its also one of the reasons why XB1 is doing ok in the ukl and the us since japan style games dont really matter here as long as they got their Fifa and CoD's etc.

He asked which market was bigger not which game genres. 

zero129 said:
Kerotan said:

He asked which market was bigger not which game genres. 

Except the answer isnt so clear cut. Clearly some genres do better in some markets then others and in return this means some consoles that has them genres will sell better in them markets.

For instance if Japan was into games like CoD and Fifa in a massive way like in the UK id imagine the XB1 would be selling more better then it is there just like how its doing in other markets.

However im pretty sure i remember reading somewhere that the UK has topped japan here but i could be wrong ill have to see if i can find it.

What are you talking about? He asked which market was bigger and that's it. 

zero129 said:
Kerotan said:

What are you talking about? He asked which market was bigger and that's it. 

And you gave a guess not an answere if we are going about it that way. Can we not have a proper convo without you trying to be smart?.

My answer has as much info as yours did. I was simply adding to your statement why should you find offence with this?.

Stop assuming personal things about me from my post because I'm perfectly calm and collective.  

I'm being straight to the point.  Japanese market is bigger,  UK is overtaking if you only go by home consoles.  

Feel free to Google that if you doubt me.