By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why do we insist that NX has to be another PS or XB, or else it'll fail?

Does NX need to be on par with PS4 and XBone to succeed?

Yes 96 30.77%

No 118 37.82%

Yes, but... 33 10.58%

No, but... 65 20.83%

Total:312
Miyamotoo said:
TomaTito said:

Yeah, that's why they choose it, but for marketing reasons

They choised because is huge paid game that will bring them solid amount of money in last quarter of 2016 FY, not because NX is coming in March, in that case they would released it in January or February SMR much closer to NX relase date not in December.

The mobile apps primary objective isn't revenue, they are advertisements, really cheap marketing since they pay themselves off.
Regarding the time of release and reveal of 3 months or less, I point to the dialogue between 
KLXVER and Wyrdness.

Either way, I think we are going in circles here, so let's just wait and see  

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
KLXVER said:

So we shouldnt expect anything decent from third parties? At least the WiiU got ZombiU...

Rayman wasnt a launch game btw. It was supposed to release in february 2013, but got delayed because Ubisoft changed their minds and made the game multi platform.

Rayman shows they'll delay a title, you can expect what ever you want but going from how third parties have been in recent years expecting something other than a port from them at launch is being optimistic, NX third party games looks mainly to be a long haul affair with games like DQ and Sonic confirmed for it and those are out later in 2017.

Thanks for reminding me lol.  All the praise ubi's giving NX made me forget about that debacle.  I still haven't forgiven them for that, IMO Rayman was one of the staple Wii U games that showed off its ability and would have helped the console had it released on time.  As much as I loved that demo, never bought the game out of protest.