By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Price of Persia: The forgotten Sands

Tagged games:

Kerotan said:
Trunkin said:
Have you played The Sands of Time? How does it compare, in your experience? PoP 2009(8?) Soured me to the series, so I didn't even consider picking up the Forgotten Sands.

This is my first experience with the series and I'm only playing it thanks to ps plus. 

About half way through the game now and I'm struggling to put it down.  Excellent and fun gameplay.  

I've fully adjusted to ps3 level graphics now and it looks fantastic. 

You are absolutely in Luck so Mr Kerotan, see you're living in Ireland, check out the newest PSN sale which kicked off here, 30th Anniversary Ubisoft sale

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/games/prince-of-persia-trilogy/cid=EP0001-NPEB00552_00-GPRINCEOFP000001

That is the 3 games from the PS2 era remastered and tidied up for the PS3 all for €5.99 honestly at €2 a game you really can't go wrong there, I remember playing the heck out of the first of this trilogy on the Gamecube recently enough and it was just fantastic, easily worth this small asking price for the whole trilogy.

I also got the forgotten sands as a psn+ game last month but have yet to download it, I'll definitely be checking it out at some stage though considering how great the GC title was to play through... odd last boss, but still fantastic gameplay.

(Also you're in Ireland? didn't know this before... I think!)

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:
Kerotan said:

This is my first experience with the series and I'm only playing it thanks to ps plus. 

About half way through the game now and I'm struggling to put it down.  Excellent and fun gameplay.  

I've fully adjusted to ps3 level graphics now and it looks fantastic. 

You are absolutely in Luck so Mr Kerotan, see you're living in Ireland, check out the newest PSN sale which kicked off here, 30th Anniversary Ubisoft sale

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/games/prince-of-persia-trilogy/cid=EP0001-NPEB00552_00-GPRINCEOFP000001

That is the 3 games from the PS2 era remastered and tidied up for the PS3 all for €5.99 honestly at €2 a game you really can't go wrong there, I remember playing the heck out of the first of this trilogy on the Gamecube recently enough and it was just fantastic, easily worth this small asking price for the whole trilogy.

I also got the forgotten sands as a psn+ game last month but have yet to download it, I'll definitely be checking it out at some stage though considering how great the GC title was to play through... odd last boss, but still fantastic gameplay.

Hey man appreciate the shout. Sadly my backlog is too big right now and I'm not going to add games to it.  While I love this game I think I'll be satisfied enough after beating it to move on.  And yeah I'm in ireland :) 

@lurkerj 

Yeah this is my first ever PoP game. 

More like Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Game hehehehehehe

#amirite

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

axumblade said:
I played it. It was alright. The Prince of Persia reboot was a lot better in my opinion. One of the most stylistic and beautiful games of the earlier ps3 era.

Really?I thought the reboot game was bad.Simply horrendous gameplay and empty and boring world (for me) didnt make up for the decent platforming and story.Thought it was a waste of a good IP.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

I got this a couple years back for $10 on Wii. Worth full game price! Awesome game!!

1doesnotsimply

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Hey man appreciate the shout. Sadly my backlog is too big right now and I'm not going to add games to it.  While I love this game I think I'll be satisfied enough after beating it to move on.  And yeah I'm in ireland :) 

@lurkerj 

Yeah this is my first ever PoP game. 

You should try Prince of Persia: warrior within, the second game in the series, available on PC. The first game (sands of time) was amazing and remains one of my best video game experiences but the combat wasn't well done and it may put you off. The second game adopted a darker tone but the combat was much better. Platforming is beautiful and animations are fluid, truly a unique experience that didn't age at all.

axumblade said:
Nautilus said:

Really?I thought the reboot game was bad.Simply horrendous gameplay and empty and boring world (for me) didnt make up for the decent platforming and story.Thought it was a waste of a good IP.

Eh. The debate could continue for a while based on differences. I've noticed with this game in particular,  different people feel different ways. I do feel Forgotten Sands was a weaker game that felt like it was rushed a little bit to coincide with the movie. So it wasn't exactly the best of the series either. 

Forgotten Sands was rushed. The reboot was horrible and too easy in my opinion. Beautiful artstyle but everything else flet flat.

BasilZero said:
I just noticed the title:

Price of Persia l0l

Didn't even spot that myself.  Eagle eyed basil! 

axumblade said:
Nautilus said:

Eh. The debate could continue for a while based on differences. I've noticed with this game in particular,  different people feel different ways. I do feel Forgotten Sands was a weaker game that felt like it was rushed a little bit to coincide with the movie. So it wasn't exactly the best of the series either. 

To be quite honest, i didnt play Forgotten Sands.The one I did play, and was comparing with, was Sands of Time.That one had so many good ideas about time manipulation, fighting and level design in general, so when I played the reboot, I was left very dissapointed.Hopefully Ubisoft picks up the IP again and do it justice.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

So just completed the game there. final rating 8/10. Very enjoyable. Thank you Sony for giving that with ps plus this month. Would never have touched the series otherwise.