By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumour: NX News DUmp from Twitter

JRPGfan said:
Ka-pi96 said:

And some just sounds like a joke. `Mermaid Legends, a fantasy adventure game for mature audiences` how do you make a game about mermaids for `mature audiences`?

^ that part had me going "whaaaat?" too.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

"3DSwap" Rumor is not Something new -> http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8049231

melbye said:
Sounds too good to be true sadly. I pains me to be this cynical

True... that game lineup is way to 3rd party friendly IMO.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Darwinianevolution said:
"Super Mario Bros. & Friends: Dance!"

If true, I'm sold.

I actually had to stop to absorb that.

Nothing seems totally unreasonable. New Metroid is actually the most fakish to me. 

twintail said:
hunter_alien said:

All the usual early supports of Nintendo comes across as too 3rd party friendly to you?

The 3rd party stuff is probably the most believable parts of these rumours

Ubisoft and Sega maybe, but even so it looks a bit much. Activision/Blizzard porting a main CoD title for Q1 on an unproven system? Please... Mad Max prequel? Several new and unannounced IP-s all around? I mean, I wont mind if its true (as I will more than likely end up with the system) but lets not kid ourselves.

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:

He posted a picture with a logo. 

Bottom left eye is the same. First page google search for eye arrow logo.

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

hunter_alien said:
melbye said:
Sounds too good to be true sadly. I pains me to be this cynical

Not really. Usually all the big 3rd parties trot something out and then disappear after that, only to throw out a bone every now and then.  

Ubisoft is probably Nintendo's biggest third party Western ally(furnishing Nintendo will some exclusives, even if ported later or considered shovelware), they'll likely put forth some mature games and some stuff like Rabbids or whatever.  

Activision will throw in COD and maybe one other game and of course Skylanders,

EA is usually there because I'm guessing their sports contracts demand it, and then they bail out as soon as possible.  

WB will likely have one or two mature games before throwing their hands up in the air saying they tried, and then deluge the console with LEGO games, though they may do another collab with Nintendo ala LEGO City Undercover.  

I think both WB and Ubisoft would work with Nintendo on exclusives as long as Nintendo is footing most of the bill and covering marketing.  

Sega well, they're gonna throw some Sonic stuff on there, and whatever else if they feel like it.  

Platinum will work with Nintendo because they have a good working relationship and that seems to be getting better, not to mention they're pretty much Japan's best AA 'mercenary studio' right now.

Capcom is going to be there in some form, if it's a portable platform, then MH will likely be there, there'll likely be an RE game if the system supports it, at least initially anyway.

And if the system looks like it's gonna bomb, then any of them can bail out at any point.  It's launch window, and most of the third party support will be ports done by contract studios done on the cheap more than likely.

I'm on board if its true. It means that there will be a home console. And this means I might finally get to play Pokemon with a comfortable controller.

TheSpindler said:
hunter_alien said:

Not really. Usually all the big 3rd parties trot something out and then disappear after that, only to throw out a bone every now and then.  

Ubisoft is probably Nintendo's biggest third party Western ally(furnishing Nintendo will some exclusives, even if ported later or considered shovelware), they'll likely put forth some mature games and some stuff like Rabbids or whatever.  

Activision will throw in COD and maybe one other game and of course Skylanders,

EA is usually there because I'm guessing their sports contracts demand it, and then they bail out as soon as possible.  

WB will likely have one or two mature games before throwing their hands up in the air saying they tried, and then deluge the console with LEGO games, though they may do another collab with Nintendo ala LEGO City Undercover.  

I think both WB and Ubisoft would work with Nintendo on exclusives as long as Nintendo is footing most of the bill and covering marketing.  

Sega well, they're gonna throw some Sonic stuff on there, and whatever else if they feel like it.  

Platinum will work with Nintendo because they have a good working relationship and that seems to be getting better, not to mention they're pretty much Japan's best AA 'mercenary studio' right now.

Capcom is going to be there in some form, if it's a portable platform, then MH will likely be there, there'll likely be an RE game if the system supports it, at least initially anyway.

And if the system looks like it's gonna bomb, then any of them can bail out at any point.  It's launch window, and most of the third party support will be ports done by contract studios done on the cheap more than likely.

Pretty much everything you have written, its true. I still have 2 major concerns: 3rd parties should be far harder to get on board after the WiiU disaster (lets call it what it is) and how much bill footing is Nintendo willing to handle? I mean they should as much as they can, so a massive influx of games will arrive for the NX, but I am not sure if most investors are good with this idea.

Mermaid Legends is the mature game I've always wanted from Retro.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---