By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony 'Pleasantly Surprised' by Strong PS4 Pro Pre-Orders

Pro should be the only mid gen console. Sony gens are 6 to 7 years and the Pro will release bang in the middle. PS4 2013, Pro 2016 and PS5 2019 makes sense. The Scorpio will be on the market for a year before Sony announce the PS5 and Scorpio will enjoy 2 years as the most powerful console.

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
LurkerJ said:

Echoing what I said in another lockedd thread, by the time the Scorpio releases, the Pro will be even cheaper, and a year later, the Pro 2 will replace the original Pro as the 399$ console.

SONY has the edge this generation and they will NOT benefit from resetting the generation cycle to zero by releasing the PS5, so they will stretch it as long as they can, it's almost too convenient that MS is following suit willingly. (and Nintendo is paving their own separate lane at this point).

It's pretty clear where console manufacturers are heading, how the market responds remains to be seen though.

What are you talking about? Sony benefited greatly from resetting the gen. It allowed them to take the crown back. It definitely didn't hurt them with the PS2. There will be a PS5. Sony isn't going to screw up the console market by getting into some specs war with MS. They've already proven that with the Pro, something they could have altered slightly to get it closer to the Scorpio's theoretical 6 Tflops. The console market will start to die if they start releasing HW every two years and people aren't going to want a PS4 Pro 4. At that point, there really is little point in not buying a PC.

I guess people think Sony is lying when they say they aren't going generationless.

They already took the crown back with the PS3.

twintail said:
Cloudman said:
What, did they have low expectations or something?

Or they are just a lot better than your question implies.

Wouldn't that still mean that they had some sort of expectations?

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

It's so funny now, how the Pro suddenly makes sense and is welcomed with open arms by consumers. Early 2016 when the rumors started and actually even before all the rumors, there were people who said this would happen and explained it would make perfect sense and be a success. Those people were against hordes of denial, fighting against the most ridiculous arguments for months.

I've seen this type of mass denial before in gaming culture and this won't be the last. The next one is already cooking or should I say cooked, lmao.

I cannot imagine toilet-free life.

Kebabs have a unique attribute compared to other consumables. To unlock this effect you need to wolf down a big ass kebab really fast, like under 10 minutes or so and wait for the effect to kick in. If done correctly your movements should feel unbelievably heavy to the point where you literally cannot move at all.

-Downtown Alanya Kebab magazine issue no.198

That's great news. Sony's on point this gen.

Around the Network
Cloudman said:
twintail said:

Or they are just a lot better than your question implies.

Wouldn't that still mean that they had some sort of expectations?

Why does that mean that they had low expectations like your first commented suggested?

Lawlight said:
thismeintiel said:

What are you talking about? Sony benefited greatly from resetting the gen. It allowed them to take the crown back. It definitely didn't hurt them with the PS2. There will be a PS5. Sony isn't going to screw up the console market by getting into some specs war with MS. They've already proven that with the Pro, something they could have altered slightly to get it closer to the Scorpio's theoretical 6 Tflops. The console market will start to die if they start releasing HW every two years and people aren't going to want a PS4 Pro 4. At that point, there really is little point in not buying a PC.

I guess people think Sony is lying when they say they aren't going generationless.

They already took the crown back with the PS3.

Crown for 2nd maybe.

So much for the PSPro getting backlash

PS4 Pro 2.0 confirmed for 2018 :P

lonerism said:
So much for the PSPro getting backlash

I dont get the post conference negative reaction neither. I thought the conference and presentation was decent. And then the 4K videos came out, I know they have something good.