By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - To Be Honest XB1 Graphics Would More Than Enough For Nintendo

I'm playing Rise of the Tomb Raider on the XB1 and this level of visuals would be more than enough for Nintendo, a Zelda or Metroid or Xenoblade game with this kind of fidelity given to their artists would create unbelievable looking games with massive scale, and cartoony games like Mario/Mario Kart/Kirby/Splatoon/Donkey Kong would just cook on this. 

Nintendo's never going to sell great with multiplats, the COD/GTA/Madden/Mass Effect/etc. crowd is never going to choose Nintendo as their go to third party console anyway so spec matching is kinda pointless anyway. 

It'd be great if NX could match XBox One. Even on a 4KTV, Tomb Raider on XB1 still looks great, this is nothing like the Wii-HDTV days where going from PS3/360 HD back to Wii sometimes felt like jumping into ice cold water. 

Anyone else think so? We don't need a PS4 Pro-Scorpio killing NX, even XB1 would be great (now watch Nintendo not even get that, lol). 

Even vs. a PC, the XB1 version still looks decent, yeah the PC version looks cleaner, but at the same time you think back to the 90s when you enjoyed stuff like Street Fighter II on the SNES (or even the Genesis, shudder) compared to the arcade ... now THAT was a fair sized difference, today we're pretty spoiled. This really isn't:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt3wRNp_r_I

Around the Network

They could put out similar hardware but I only see one company of the games you listed that would actually probably push games onto the system if it were a success and that would be Activision. Rockstar and EA don't give a shit about Nintendo consoles. So there is no point in bending over backwards for those companies. Nintendo should do what they do best. Don't listen to anyone and do their own thing.

sethnintendo said:
They could put out similar hardware but I only see one company of the games you listed that would actually probably push games onto the system if it were a success and that would be Activision. Rockstar and EA don't give a shit about Nintendo consoles. So there is no point in bending over backwards for those companies. Nintendo should do what they do best. Don't listen to anyone and do their own thing.

That was basically my point, even if EA/Rockstar gave a shit about Nintendo it wouldn't mean the audiences that like EA/Rockstar games would give a shit about Nintendo, which is probably the bigger issue. 

Even on the GameCube 3rd party multiplats often sold way worse on the GameCube versus the PS2 (understandable) and XBox (shouldn't have been so in theory). So they don't need great hardware. 

But man, the type of Zelda or 3D Mario game they could make on even just a XBOne level hardware .... droooooooooools. 

Yea, I believe their handheld will be between Wii U and Wii power and their home console will be on par with Xbox One.

If you look at their past hand helds...

GBA ~ SNES, DS ~ N64, 3DS ~ GC

Lol. NX is a handheld. Won't reach Xbone power.

Around the Network

Agreed, if they even reach a level between 360 and X1 that is quite enough, considering Nintendo are masters at making great grapics aswell :).

NeoRhodos said:

There will be a hand held and home console sharing the same library probably.  Home console looking better than hand held.  We can only pray that it is an unified library between the home and hand held.  That is the only true way that they can not have any software droughts these days.

NeoRhodos said:

Actually infos saying NX is some kind of hybrid not just a handheld.

Assuming it's going to be a handheld/hybrid first party machine with a unified library I'd be happy with upper tier Wii U visuals with good AA, AF, and frame rates. That said it sure would be nice to finally have this:

X1 level should be fine for a handheld first and console second.

EA may put some titles on it if NX turns out to be a success. Let's hope Nintendo could have done some sports deals with them. That would be something they need the most from EA.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.