By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - To Be Honest XB1 Graphics Would More Than Enough For Nintendo

Agreed. Nintendo's first party would have no issue crafting games that look just as good as the competition. We saw the same thing with Mario Galaxy on a SD console.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

I'm playing Rise of the Tomb Raider on the XB1 and this level of visuals would be more than enough for Nintendo, a Zelda or Metroid or Xenoblade game with this kind of fidelity given to their artists would create unbelievable looking games with massive scale, and cartoony games like Mario/Mario Kart/Kirby/Splatoon/Donkey Kong would just cook on this. 

Nintendo's never going to sell great with multiplats, the COD/GTA/Madden/Mass Effect/etc. crowd is never going to choose Nintendo as their go to third party console anyway so spec matching is kinda pointless anyway. 

It'd be great if NX could match XBox One. Even on a 4KTV, Tomb Raider on XB1 still looks great, this is nothing like the Wii-HDTV days where going from PS3/360 HD back to Wii sometimes felt like jumping into ice cold water. 

Anyone else think so? We don't need a PS4 Pro-Scorpio killing NX, even XB1 would be great (now watch Nintendo not even get that, lol). 

Even vs. a PC, the XB1 version still looks decent, yeah the PC version looks cleaner, but at the same time you think back to the 90s when you enjoyed stuff like Street Fighter II on the SNES (or even the Genesis, shudder) compared to the arcade ... now THAT was a fair sized difference, today we're pretty spoiled. This really isn't:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt3wRNp_r_I

the thing about standards is they change,..  it's really easy to move forward and really hard to move back.

i heard (and even stated myself with a gamecube) that graphics just can't possibly get better in a way that i care about.  then i played things on the next gen hardware and you know what... those gamecube graphics started to look like shit to me. 

xbox one graphics are a wonderful target for nintendo,.. all the way up until the ps4 pro and project scorpio release.  many people will probably talk a lot of shit about of the new hardware doesn't look much better.  but if you put a game in front of them from the prior gen they'll complain to high hell about how bad and dated it looks.

such is the way of life in all things (not just video games).

kitler53 said:
Soundwave said:

I'm playing Rise of the Tomb Raider on the XB1 and this level of visuals would be more than enough for Nintendo, a Zelda or Metroid or Xenoblade game with this kind of fidelity given to their artists would create unbelievable looking games with massive scale, and cartoony games like Mario/Mario Kart/Kirby/Splatoon/Donkey Kong would just cook on this. 

Nintendo's never going to sell great with multiplats, the COD/GTA/Madden/Mass Effect/etc. crowd is never going to choose Nintendo as their go to third party console anyway so spec matching is kinda pointless anyway. 

It'd be great if NX could match XBox One. Even on a 4KTV, Tomb Raider on XB1 still looks great, this is nothing like the Wii-HDTV days where going from PS3/360 HD back to Wii sometimes felt like jumping into ice cold water. 

Anyone else think so? We don't need a PS4 Pro-Scorpio killing NX, even XB1 would be great (now watch Nintendo not even get that, lol). 

Even vs. a PC, the XB1 version still looks decent, yeah the PC version looks cleaner, but at the same time you think back to the 90s when you enjoyed stuff like Street Fighter II on the SNES (or even the Genesis, shudder) compared to the arcade ... now THAT was a fair sized difference, today we're pretty spoiled. This really isn't:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt3wRNp_r_I

the thing about standards is they change,..  it's really easy to move forward and really hard to move back.

i heard (and even stated myself with a gamecube) that graphics just can't possibly get better in a way that i care about.  then i played things on the next gen hardware and you know what... those gamecube graphics started to look like shit to me. 

xbox one graphics are a wonderful target for nintendo,.. all the way up until the ps4 pro and project scorpio release.  many people will probably talk a lot of shit about of the new hardware doesn't look much better.  but if you put a game in front of them from the prior gen they'll complain to high hell about how bad and dated it looks.

such is the way of life in all things (not just video games).

I go back and forth between the xbone and wii u all the time. I have no issues with it.

sethnintendo said:
NeoRhodos said:
Lol. NX is a handheld. Won't reach Xbone power.

There will be a hand held and home console sharing the same library probably.  Home console looking better than hand held.  We can only pray that it is an unified library between the home and hand held.  That is the only true way that they can not have any software droughts these days.

this would be the best case scenario, on the other hand I learned not to expect anything more than last-gen graphics from Nintendo

also, the perfect timing to make an actual Pokemon game playable on a home console - OMG it's been since the GC era

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

memoryman3 said:
Cloudman said:
It's enough for Nintendo, but for today's modern standards, it's not nearly enough...

No, it wasn't. Miyamoto stated that Pikmin 3 online wasn't a thing because of the Wii U's weak CPU. BOTW runs at 20-25fps.

I guess I stand corrected. Is there a source for that?

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
dark_gh0st_b0y said:
sethnintendo said:

There will be a hand held and home console sharing the same library probably.  Home console looking better than hand held.  We can only pray that it is an unified library between the home and hand held.  That is the only true way that they can not have any software droughts these days.

this would be the best case scenario, on the other hand I learned not to expect anything more than last-gen graphics from Nintendo

also, the perfect timing to make an actual Pokemon game playable on a home console - OMG it's been since the GC era

I agree it would be nice, but c'mon, It's just not Nintendo to have something like that (at least out the gate). 

At best I see the SCD as a mid gen upgrade, and I'm fine with that. Anyone who thinks the NX is looking to launch with a dock station that has the extra cost of  added components to upgrade its power I'm pretty sure is gonna be disappointed 

No, XBOne level graphics aren't "good enough for Nintendo". Nintendo is considered the finest game maker on the planet, and in the past their titles like DKC or Zelda:OoT have pushed boundaries of what we thought was possible on a game system. The finest artists should be given the finest tools to work with.

I think XBOne's graphics look lovely. I'ts a great system. But if NX is coming out 3-4 years later, and if it's on store shelves next to a product like XB Scorpio, NX at XBox One levels will seem like a dated product.

Now, if NX is a handheld, XBOne levels would be extremely impressive. But if it's supposed to be competing in the home console space (as well?), it should have more power.

And saying Nintendo won't get third party support would be a defeatist attitude for the company to take. Nintendo staff should be doing anything they can to court third party support. They owe it to their consumers, and they need it if they ever truly want to be leaders again in their industry.

Personally, if I were running Nintendo I'd be targeting something in the ballpark of PS4 Pro, give or take, while working out a deal or two to lure a couple key 3rd party publishers support, if not purchasing them outright. That, in combination with some well executed 1st party titles and a few other unique hardware innovations would get the mass market's attention.

TheLastStarFighter said:
No, XBOne level graphics aren't "good enough for Nintendo". Nintendo is considered the finest game maker on the planet, and in the past their titles like DKC or Zelda:OoT have pushed boundaries of what we thought was possible on a game system. The finest artists should be given the finest tools to work with.

I think XBOne's graphics look lovely. I'ts a great system. But if NX is coming out 3-4 years later, and if it's on store shelves next to a product like XB Scorpio, NX at XBox One levels will seem like a dated product.

Now, if NX is a handheld, XBOne levels would be extremely impressive. But if it's supposed to be competing in the home console space (as well?), it should have more power.

And saying Nintendo won't get third party support would be a defeatist attitude for the company to take. Nintendo staff should be doing anything they can to court third party support. They owe it to their consumers, and they need it if they ever truly want to be leaders again in their industry.

Personally, if I were running Nintendo I'd be targeting something in the ballpark of PS4 Pro, give or take, while working out a deal or two to lure a couple key 3rd party publishers support, if not purchasing them outright. That, in combination with some well executed 1st party titles and a few other unique hardware innovations would get the mass market's attention.

While I can appreciate more hardware power as an enthusiast ... I also think we are reaching the point of first world problems for graphics enthusiasts, much like audiophiles who claim they can't enjoy any type of music below 2049994848 kbps or running through a $20,000 speaker system. 

Like I mean this is the difference between XB1 and PC, and the PC probably has specs better than the PS4 Pro

Sure as hell isn't this:

I'll be honest too ... after getting a 4KTV (Samsung 65 KS8000, so it's a decent set) ... I don't think the "regular joe" is going to be blown away by 4K. It's a moderate improvement over HD especially when you're sitting like a normal person 6+ feet away from the TV. 

HDR is probably a larger, more noticable difference, but that really doesn't cause a performance hit. 

Not to say I wouldn't want better standards for Nintendo, but sometimes you have to be realistic too. A cola company is not going to show up and just make people forget Coca-Cola and Pepsi. Nintendo has allowed Sony and MS to solidify their position with certain large audience groups ("core" gamers if you want to simplify it really) for like decades now. Saying they would have a very, very, very uphill claim in getting those users back isn't a defeatist attitude at this point. It's simply a reality. 

Nintendo is simply not needed by this industry to be to go to source for third party content, any more than say the smartphone market needs Blackberry or Windows Phone to add a third option to iOS and Android. People don't even want that because it's already a pain to choose between iOS/Android as is. 

zippy said:
sethnintendo said:
They could put out similar hardware but I only see one company of the games you listed that would actually probably push games onto the system if it were a success and that would be Activision. Rockstar and EA don't give a shit about Nintendo consoles. So there is no point in bending over backwards for those companies. Nintendo should do what they do best. Don't listen to anyone and do their own thing.

I think Ubisoft will also give some support.

They already have Just Dance supposedly for launch title...  I'm sure they will support NX semi decently.  Ubisoft and Activision were pretty much last to jump ship on Wii U.  You can't fault them like EA which did half ass or late ports.

bigtakilla said:

I agree it would be nice, but c'mon, It's just not Nintendo to have something like that (at least out the gate). 

At best I see the SCD as a mid gen upgrade, and I'm fine with that. Anyone who thinks the NX is looking to launch with a dock station that has the extra cost of  added components to upgrade its power I'm pretty sure is gonna be disappointed 

Well then why is Just Dance a launch title?  I don't see why Just Dance would ever make it to hand held considering it is a home console game.

To me Wii U grafix would be enuff for the NX, but obviously it would be awesome if it had the Xbone grafix.