By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - To Be Honest XB1 Graphics Would More Than Enough For Nintendo

Totaly agree with OP, I always said that XB1 power level be more than enuf for Nintendo.

People don't realise how weak actually Wii U is (0.176 Teraflops, and XB1 having 1.3 Teraflops), and despite that Nintendo Wii U game look beautiful and most of them are running at 720p/60fps.
Infos we have saying that NX have power is somewhere betwin Wii U and XB1, or around 3x stronger than Wii U, so even with less power than XB1 and 3x more power than Wii U, NX could have quite impresive looking Nintendo games runing at 1080p, and PS4/XB1 3rd party ports at 720p.

Around the Network
Stefan.De.Machtige said:

EA may put some titles on it if NX turns out to be a success. Let's hope Nintendo could have done some sports deals with them. That would be something they need the most from EA.

Yea, they might put another Boom Blox on NX.  Screw EA and their sports games.  I'd rather see them court 2K.  Shame that EA bought a monopoly on NFL rights or they would be like they are in NBA.  They can't even compete against NBA 2K and that is a proven fact.

TallSilhouette said:

Assuming it's going to be a handheld/hybrid first party machine with a unified library and good art I'd be happy with upper tier Wii U visuals with good AA, AF, and frame rates. That said it sure would be nice to finally have this:

IMO Zelda BotW looks much more intresting and more beatifuele than that. Just imagine BotW at 1080p with AA and AF.

sethnintendo said:
NeoRhodos said:
Lol. NX is a handheld. Won't reach Xbone power.

There will be a hand held and home console sharing the same library probably.  Home console looking better than hand held.  We can only pray that it is an unified library between the home and hand held.  That is the only true way that they can not have any software droughts these days.

There is no home console.

Miyamotoo said:
NeoRhodos said:
Lol. NX is a handheld. Won't reach Xbone power.

Actually infos saying NX is some kind of hybrid not just a handheld.

Yes. But in the end it's handheld with a docking station that allows to stream your games from the handheld to your TV.

If the NX is a handheld/tablet/hybrid as rumors have stated, we're likely looking at something between Wii U and Xbox One level graphics based on mobile SOCs currently or soon becoming available. Unless they pull a rabbit out of their hat, they'll max out at around 800 gflops. 800 gflops would frankly be insanely impressive for a mobile device, but it's dependent on whether Nintendo goes with the newest chips or goes with something cheaper. That said, DMP, who supplied the 3DS PICA200, has the impressive M3000 ready, which would likely be cost effective for Nintendo. Hard to say.

Around the Network
NeoRhodos said:
sethnintendo said:

There will be a hand held and home console sharing the same library probably.  Home console looking better than hand held.  We can only pray that it is an unified library between the home and hand held.  That is the only true way that they can not have any software droughts these days.

There is no home console.

Miyamotoo said:

Actually infos saying NX is some kind of hybrid not just a handheld.

Yes. But in the end it's handheld with a docking station that allows to stream your games from the handheld to your TV.

And that basically make it hybrid, devaice that be used like home console or standalone handheld, its very possible that that dock station (or like EG called "base unit") actually gave NX handheld more power for TV play, for instance 1080p resolution.

TallSilhouette said:

Assuming it's going to be a handheld/hybrid first party machine with a unified library I'd be happy with upper tier Wii U visuals with good AA, AF, and frame rates. That said it sure would be nice to finally have this:

Yeah I agree that's beyond anything on the Wii U to date (especially the lighting), Breath of the Wild is close in some areas.

Soundwave said:
TallSilhouette said:

Assuming it's going to be a handheld/hybrid first party machine with a unified library I'd be happy with upper tier Wii U visuals with good AA, AF, and frame rates. That said it sure would be nice to finally have this:

Yeah I agree that's beyond anything on the Wii U to date, Breath of the Wild is close in some areas.

You already have tons of PS4/XB1 games that looks easily much better than that, buy Zelda BotW because great and beatifule art style looks great even compared to PS4/XB1 games. Just imagine BotW runing at 1080p with AA and AF for instance on NX.

Poojipoo said:
If the NX is a handheld/tablet/hybrid as rumors have stated, we're likely looking at something between Wii U and Xbox One level graphics based on mobile SOCs currently or soon becoming available. Unless they pull a rabbit out of their hat, they'll max out at around 800 gflops. 800 gflops would frankly be insanely impressive for a mobile device, but it's dependent on whether Nintendo goes with the newest chips or goes with something cheaper. That said, DMP, who supplied the 3DS PICA200, has the impressive M3000 ready, which would likely be cost effective for Nintendo. Hard to say.

The X2 is better than the M3000, at least that's what people are saying. 

Gimme one X2 in the portable, with the option of a home dockable congif with 2 "X2s". I'll take it and run Nintendo. 

Nintendo NX Portable Console - 1 Tegra X2 (625 GFLOP performance)

Nintendo NX + Supplement NX Home Dock - Has an Extra Tegra X2 processor for 1.3 TFLOP performance at about 35-40 watts. 

Guess there would be some inefficiencies with twin processors like that, but beggars can't be choosers. 

they need a HDD, 8GB of Ram, 1 Tflops of GPU, and a decent GPU if they want a decent third party support.

Now of course those specs are impossible on a handheld.