By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - (VOTE) VgChartz Top 50 Final Fantasy Songs

Ok, I REALLY had to take my time with this and compile a PROPER list that truly sums it up for me. So, I thought to myself, if I could only choose 5 songs to describe the epic and beautiful nature of FF or 5 tracks I would have to take with me to a desert island, then these would be it:

1 | The Landing - Final Fantasy VIII

"For me, one of the greatest moments in FF history is when I saw Squall looking out onto the battlefield with the buildup of the music thumping until it finally 'crashes' onto the beach and sends goosebumps down my spine like there is no tomorrow. #1 for me always comes down to 'did the music create the chills?' And The Landing is the epitome of that for me! I will NEVER forget this powerful moment!"

2 | Love Grows - Final Fantasy VIII

"All I have to say about this dramatic and gorgeous track is that, well, it's simply the most romantic piece of music I have ever heard from any game. To be honest, it's possibly the most emotional and romantic melody I have EVER heard. Period. And for that reason, it's on this list. No matter what version, in eyes on me or in piano, it creates softens my heart completely."

3 | To Zanarkand - Final Fantasy X

"No question the greatest track from FFX! And the greatest ending for me in FFX history largely helped by this theme in full orchestrated glory! The music is incredibly emotive, touching and without a doubt one of the most powerful melodies Uematsu has ever created."

4 | Aerith's Theme - Final Fantasy VII

"A truly iconic moment from a video game that pretty much made me a FF fan for life. It was the game that introduced me to this marvellous series and without a doubt, this is the greatest moment from the game for me. The music made a powerful moment even moreso and of course, my body was just filled with the shivers."

5 | One Winged Angel - Final Fantasy VII

Sinister. Grand. Powerful. Moving. Haunting. So many emotions with this one and worse, you gotta strategize and battle it out while listening to what is perhaps the greatest battle music ever created. And for this reason alone it deserves to be recognized as a FF staple. When I first made it to this final battle all I heard were the first few beats and I was freaking out. What's happening here??? I was simply amazed with everything that soon unfolded."

Around the Network

1. One Winged Angel (5pts) FFVII
2. Twilight over Thanalan (4pts) FFXIV
3. Jenova (3pts) FFVII
4. Bombing Mission (2pts) FFVII
5. Beneath Bloodied Banners (1pts) FFXIV

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
  1. Raffaello Battle (Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Dungeon) - Yes, this is just a remix of FFV's Battle at the Bridge theme. And it's awesome.
  2. Someday the Dream Will End (Final Fantasy X) - Also called A Fleeting Dream, I love how this song manages to tie in elements of other songs in the soundtrack to create a somber yet emotional atmospher.
  3. Fight On (Final Fantasy VII) - I'm not a huge fan of FF7, but damn if this isn't one of the best boss themes in gaming!
  4. Dancing Mad (Final Fantasy VI) - This song has been analyzed to death, so the reasons for liking it should be obvious.
  5. Battle With the Four Fiends (Final Fantasy IV) - A great recurring boss theme that unites a group of enemies.

Honorable Mentions

• Boss Theme (Mystic Quest)
  • Mt Gulg (Final Fantasy Origins)
  • Battle at the Big Bridge (FFV)
  • Terra's Theme (FFVI)
  • Enemy Attack (FFX)
  • Chaos Victory Fanfare (Dissidia)

Love and tolerate.

Mmm.

1 - Morning Sky (FFCC)
2 - Liberi Fatali (FFVIII)
3 - A Fleeting Dream (FFX)
4 - Forever Rachel (FFVI)
5 - Zanarkand (FFX)

Honorable mentions:

- Seeking Strength (FFXII)
- Opening Theme / Bombing Mission (FFVII)
- One-Winged Angel (FFVII)
- Dancing Mad (FFVI)
- Rydia's Theme (FFIV)

1. Omnis Lacrima (FF Versus XIII)
2. Somnus (FF Versus XIII)
3. One Winged Angel (FF VII)
4. Bombing Mission (FF VII)
5. Divine Fire (FF Type-0)

Around the Network

I feel like I'm one of the three people in the world who loved Otherworld....

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Azuren said:

It's gotten a few votes thus far. I've always enjoyed the song personally, although it's not quite among my favourites in the series.

Darashiva said:
Azuren said:

It's gotten a few votes thus far. I've always enjoyed the song personally, although it's not quite among my favourites in the series.

This is the biggst issue, there is just so much great music to choose from that narrowing it down to five is just so hard!

Scoobes said:
Darashiva said:

This is the biggst issue, there is just so much great music to choose from that narrowing it down to five is just so hard!

True. I'm still putting together my own top 5 for the list, and choosing just 5 is really difficult.

I have counted votes up to this point now. The top 50 is already shaping up quite nicely, but there's still plenty of time to vote, so hopefully we'll get some more people to participate.