By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 1080p users, hold on your Ps4 Pro Purchase, it will probably be a waste of $$ (Read)

If you want it, then buy it. If you don't want it, then don't buy it.

No reason to try and change anyones mind.

Around the Network

Actually AA is the thing that annoys me the most in gaming. The reason I always need 2 hours of habituation time on 3DS because it looks so shitty.
Once we get rid of jaggies I will be the happiest person on earth and everyone can just enjoy great artstyles instead of "more power!! more realistic!! better textures!!"

Ultr said:
Actually AA is the thing that annoys me the most in gaming. The reason I always need 2 hours of habituation time on 3DS because it looks so shitty.
Once we get rid of jaggies I will be the happiest person on earth and everyone can just enjoy great artstyles instead of "more power!! more realistic!! better textures!!"

Big jaggies i  agree.

Playing  mount and blade on the ps4 and yes graphic  outdated but it doesnt have much  jaggies and it still looks  good

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

COKTOE said:
This is disappointing. I was really hoping for more "across the board" improvements for all users. I'm lucky enough to have a good 4k tv, but this is still lame news. Lame.

The OP's lies and misrepresentation is lame.
 Basic facts are that of few revealed game details so far,
they do include multiple benefits in 1080p, from fps to image quality (not sub sampling).

binary solo said:
I bet a lot of games will run at 900p on PS4 to ensure stable framerate and so real 1080p with stable fps will only happen on PS4Pro. It's not worth me upgrading, but for a first time PS4 buyer I would think getting the Pro is the better choice for not an outrageously higher price tag.

Exactly.  This is the minimum benefit, mandated by Sony,
and just this minimum benefit largely matches the Xbone:PS4og delta.
It's possible not every PS4 Pro version will be tweaked to the nth degree for maximum optimization at 1080p,
but the hardware will very simply allow higher fps and/or higher IQ at 1080p without much extra dev work.

mutantsushi said:
COKTOE said:
This is disappointing. I was really hoping for more "across the board" improvements for all users. I'm lucky enough to have a good 4k tv, but this is still lame news. Lame.

The OP's lies and misrepresentation is lame.
 Basic facts are that of few revealed game details so far,
they do include multiple benefits in 1080p, from fps to image quality (not sub sampling).

binary solo said:
I bet a lot of games will run at 900p on PS4 to ensure stable framerate and so real 1080p with stable fps will only happen on PS4Pro. It's not worth me upgrading, but for a first time PS4 buyer I would think getting the Pro is the better choice for not an outrageously higher price tag.

Exactly.  This is the minimum benefit, mandated by Sony,
and just this minimum benefit largely matches the Xbone:PS4og delta.
It's possible not every PS4 Pro version will be tweaked to the nth degree for maximum optimization at 1080p,
but the hardware will very simply allow higher fps and/or higher IQ at 1080p without much extra dev work.

I seem to have taken some bunk information at face value.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
xl-klaudkil said:
Ultr said:

Big jaggies i  agree.

Playing  mount and blade on the ps4 and yes graphic  outdated but it doesnt have much  jaggies and it still looks  good

Wow, you own Mount & Blade on the PS4? Did you have it on PC?

I love that game so much. Incredible masterpiece.

drkohler said:
iNathan said:

1080p tv users, you might not want to buy Ps4 Pro unless you care alot about AA and nothing else wich, let´s say is the least of our problems, so i was watching a video and seems like the only thing Ps4 Pro 1080p tv user will benefit is from better IQ and nothing more, the game will just super sample the 4K image to your 1080p tv and nothing more, same shadows as on Ps4, same everything, only better IQ, is that worth 400$$? Hell no. 

Lol those Microsoft astroturfers... can't get a rest, can they?

Just about the last item on the list that will NOT show improvement is the IQ. That's pretty obvious as it would render multiplayer games unplayable, and multiplayer is the thing to have nowadays.

What does this mean? Could drkohler or anybody else explain this?

if you have a ps4,its not worth it, if yo dont have one, its a must buy imo

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

What is the purpose of this thread? It is a bit of trolling isn't it?