By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 1080p users, hold on your Ps4 Pro Purchase, it will probably be a waste of $$ (Read)

Strange thread, you want others to not buy the PS4P to save money? I mean it's a Noble thought but when you say save $399 you are also then talking about not buying any model of PS4? I'm not sure I get that logic jump, surely if you are a 1080p user you could get a PS4 for $299 and enjoy that at least, saving $100 on following your (baffling) logic on the upgrade not being worth it. 2teraflops for $300 4teraflops for $400 I mean... maths puts the Pro at better value for money in the long term, not based on a single youtube video months before the system and its upgrade patches roll out.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

The FUD is in full swing I see.

The PS5 Exists. 

You'll also get better graphics settings and more stable frame rates on a title by title basis. Plus 1080p streaming (vs 720p) and a larger hdd if you didn't have one already. I'd say that's worth an extra $100 for new customers but not worth the $2-400 for current ones like myself.

Slimebeast said:
So let's buy ourselves these glorious LG OLED B6 4K HDR screens then!!   I want one so bad. https://www.wired.com/2016/05/lgs-new-hdr-oled-tvs-arent-cheap-theyre-worth/

Deal, you buy the LG, I'll get the new Loewe OLED TV (same specs, same price, better looks imo): http://www.loewe.tv/v2/en/bild7#opener

Console wars are so 20th century, let's start the TV wars.

Last edited by OttoniBastos - on 05 July 2018

Around the Network

Amazon seems to be making people nervous.

The PS5 Exists. 

I bet a lot of games will run at 900p on PS4 to ensure stable framerate and so real 1080p with stable fps will only happen on PS4Pro. It's not worth me upgrading, but for a first time PS4 buyer I would think getting the Pro is the better choice for not an outrageously higher price tag.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Sony said it will be a per game basis thing.

So please, can you keep your FUD and assumptions to yourself until we have actual games to base anything on?

iNathan said:

1080p tv users, you might not want to buy Ps4 Pro unless you care alot about AA and nothing else wich, let´s say is the least of our problems, so i was watching a video and seems like the only thing Ps4 Pro 1080p tv user will benefit is from better IQ and nothing more, the game will just super sample the 4K image to your 1080p tv and nothing more, same shadows as on Ps4, same everything, only better IQ, is that worth 400$$? Hell no. 

Now what you want is better FPS, better shadows, better lighting, better textures, better this better that, you will not get any of that! 

This is a terrible decision by game studios and guys believe me this will be the norm because i watch some first party Sony devs saying this, you can check for yourself in the following links:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJWD6RpAt6E

Edit: i´m missing one link. 

I assume you mean upgrading and not new purchasers?

If not I don't follow your logic. 

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

I don't own a PS4, so I think a PS4 Pro would be best for me (even though I have a 1080p monitor I use for console gaming). Then again, I haven't really made my mind up on which PS4 I should get yet.