By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 1080p users, hold on your Ps4 Pro Purchase, it will probably be a waste of $$ (Read)

As a to-be first time PS4 owner, the PS4 Pro is a no brainer. And I just might pick up a 4k HDR TV in a couple of years.

Around the Network

it's up to developers to use the extra horse power. For current games, developers only need to send out a patch update for the game.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

I am expecting better aa, af and smooth gameplay even on demanding scenes. Few devs will take advantage. If that means even 20odd games I buy will look better. It is worth the upgrade. But I will wait for list to see some older games improvements and newer games as well

Did Shadow of mordor have better textures ?

There's not much incentive to upgrade from a PS4 to a PS4 P if a 4K HDTV isn't in the immediate future or already in the home, but if a consumer is in the market for a PS4, the only allure of the PS4 S is $100 savings, and even that's a bit of an * seeing as Sony is keeping the 500 GB HDD standard on the $299 SKU.

But the market accommodates a range of consumers. If you play less, don't install a lot of games at once, and want a PS4 at the lowest price, $299 it is.

$100 for the HDD upgrade and the significant hardware update makes the PS4 P a better deal at $399.

iNathan said:

1080p tv users, you might not want to buy Ps4 Pro unless you care alot about AA and nothing else wich, let´s say is the least of our problems, so i was watching a video and seems like the only thing Ps4 Pro 1080p tv user will benefit is from better IQ and nothing more, the game will just super sample the 4K image to your 1080p tv and nothing more, same shadows as on Ps4, same everything, only better IQ, is that worth 400$$? Hell no. 

Lol those Microsoft astroturfers... can't get a rest, can they?

Just about the last item on the list that will NOT show improvement is the IQ. That's pretty obvious as it would render multiplayer games unplayable, and multiplayer is the thing to have nowadays.

Around the Network

It's all up to the developer in the end.

With that said, Super Sampling is amazing, any high-end PC gamer can tell you that. ;)

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

moved

The PS5 Exists. 

drkohler said:
iNathan said:

1080p tv users, you might not want to buy Ps4 Pro unless you care alot about AA and nothing else wich, let´s say is the least of our problems, so i was watching a video and seems like the only thing Ps4 Pro 1080p tv user will benefit is from better IQ and nothing more, the game will just super sample the 4K image to your 1080p tv and nothing more, same shadows as on Ps4, same everything, only better IQ, is that worth 400$$? Hell no. 

Just about the last item on the list that will NOT show improvement is the IQ. That's pretty obvious as it would render multiplayer games unplayable, and multiplayer is the thing to have nowadays.

People playing multiplayer games on PC don't render the game all at the same resolution. Don't see it being such a game breaking problem there. ¬_¬

Hynad said:
drkohler said:

People playing multiplayer games on PC don't all render the game at the same resolution. Don't see it being such a game breaking problem there. ¬_¬

IQ =/= resolution

GribbleGrunger said:

I would hold off buying a XB1slim. It's currently getting easily beaten by both the PS4pro and the PS4slim on Amazon and it won't be long before MS has to give more games away with it and probably add a $50 gift card. You'll probably save a good $100 if you wait long enough.

I could walk into the local MMs and buy the Fifa 17 bundle for $249 (that includes taxes and store margin....)