By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why the Scorpio will sell for no more than $399 (if its 6tflops).

Will the Scorpio sell for no more than $399 (if its 6Tflops).

Yes. Technology progresse... 117 29.77%

No. Its simply too expens... 276 70.23%

Total:393

I think Scorpio will be out in less than a year.

$399.99 next summer in time for Madden NFL 2018.

6 TFLOP is nothing that mind blowing for 2017, it's a good better better than what Sony is offering but that doesn't make it budget breaking.

A Polaris 11 is a cheap GPU and it's 5.5 TFLOP right now, MS just can use an overclocked version of that.

I think RAM differences will be more interesting actually, if MS goes to 12GB or 16GB.

We've had 8GB for a long time now, the price should be down after 4 years to increase to 12GB or 16GB.

Around the Network

Well MS can eat the losses if there is any

Sony is a hardware company. If they could only price PS4Pro with that size, weight and 310watts for 400$ I cannot see Microsoft making compact, lighter and of same price as PS4Pro. By your logic PS4Pro then should be 300$ and PS4 and Xbone as 200 and 150$ over time ?

Althoough actual cost is always less of the hardware, manufacturing, R&D takes a lots and lots of money.

Soundwave said:
I think Scorpio will be out in less than a year.

$399.99 next summer in time for Madden NFL 2018.

6 TFLOP is nothing that mind blowing for 2017, it's a good better better than what Sony is offering but that doesn't make it budget breaking.

A Polaris 11 is a cheap GPU and it's 5.5 TFLOP right now, MS just can use an overclocked version of that.

I think RAM differences will be more interesting actually, if MS goes to 12GB or 16GB.

We've had 8GB for a long time now, the price should be down after 4 years to increase to 12GB or 16GB.

Exactly. The RX 480 is only $199, and it is capable of 6Tflops with a slight overclock. You can expect that to fall to $149 next year, and plus you need to take into account discounts as well. People here are overestimating the cost of the Scorpio given the specs we've got.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

if XB Scorpio able to run AAA games at native 4k stable 30fps, i don't think it will be $399 unless its also using upscaled rendering like PS4Pro...

Around the Network

Okay so you have a 6TF GPU, a new more expensive CPU, more memory... I don't know, $399 is cutting it close.

Lawlight said:
Azzanation said:
In a year the tech would be cheaper. I say the Scorpio will be around the $399-$499. It sounds expensive now however im sure on release they will suprise everyone just like Pro did.

So, the PS4S will be $199 and the PS4P will be $299 if the Scorpio is $399?

We dont know the tech inside the Scorpio. If MS is making it in conjunction with AMD or Nvidea than it can be cheap. That doesn't mean Sony will drop there prices or by default tech becomes  $100 cheaper.

ya 399 is reasonable, people have to remember its a year later than PS4 Pro. Had PS4 Pro been released in late 17 its specs would be in the same range.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

I think it's possible for $399 to $449 at the most at launch. If it was built today it would be around $500.

My 8th gen collection

The reason why Microsoft didn't release scorpio this year is because they are waiting for it to be cheaper.