By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - So I'm not having a child..

ArchangelMadzz said:
barneystinson69 said:

Its ultimately her choice, but I would keep the child. You're lucky enough to get one, so maybe you could send it my way (I kid... I kid). But anyway, aborting isn't really fair for the child. But its your choice, I mean if you both REALLY aren't capable of doing it, I'd say give at least give it up for adoption and give it a chance for life. There are many people in this world who can't have children, so giving someone a chance at having one would be the best route in my opinion

I'm not living my life knowing my genetic material is walking around, if this child is born and given life then it's mine and I'm looking after it. (preferably on my own to be honest, she shouldn't be in charge of a child)

Although chances of a man winning custody rights is pretty much slim to none. Hurray..

Well thats you and your GF's choice. I mean given the situation, I think it would be the best option. But that isn't my choice to make. I also sent a personal letter talking about more of the same thing; though of course its a bit more "personal". I wish you the best.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network
ArchangelMadzz said:
Landguy said:

Lots to think about....

I can tell you that there is still another option.  Adoption!

Me and my wife had one child together naturally, and tried to have more.  My wife had 7 different miscarriages trying to have more.

Eventually, we have adopted 3 more children.  We feel that we were meant to go this route.  All 4 of our children are awesome and we love them like crazy.

Point is, there are literally tens of thousands of people waiting to adopt newborn babies throughout the world.  You might want to consider doing something bigger than yourself and giving the gift of parentage to a couple in need.

I am not anti-abortion, just want you to add an option to your list.

You have a big decision to make, good luck!

I thought about adoption honestly, but I can't walk around the same planet as my child and not know, or be around for them, I'd have to raise my kid if it's born.

That part I can't speak to, as I have been only on the recieving end.  I will say that I only brought it up for you to consider.  Remember, you are only half of the decision making process and she may be thinking something else for her future.

Either way, you have many months to fully decide.

It is near the end of the end....

children are awesome! i would never kill my babe.

It's an interesting story OP because I underwent something a lot like it a couple of years back. I have a girlfriend on anti-depressants and taking the pill... in our case it turned out to be a false alarm of sorts. Nowadays she discovered she has pure red cell aplasia and, well, not recommended to have a child on these circumstances, despite both of us willing for it one day. Maybe when we're like 35 or 40 we'll have the money for a surrogate, but then, we'll probably be a bit tired to run after children at those ages. On the other hand there you are, you two, on the apex of your physical condition, contemplating the life of an unborn child and how it might impact you. So I sort of see younger me on you I guess.

OK, so what you should do? There are many more options rather than keeping the child and seeing it "ruin your life" or an abortion. This is sort of your "fight or flight" instinct kicking in before a seemingly unsurmontable challenge that shuddenly showed up. But fight or flight isn't the only options when you are a human being gifted with such a swirly and juicy prefrontal cortex. Do consider the fact that parents or other relatives might be willing to share half or most part of such a burden while you pursue your academical life. Maybe where you life the infrastructure of child care is actually pretty nice. Maybe your neighbors and friends can help sometimes, or a close couple is willing to adopt the child (we probably would). There is always handing the child to adoption on anonymity, if nothing else seems to work. Life is full of possibilites!

If you are unwilling harvest what you've sown then don't quit farming.

In other words if you should only sleep with a women of you're willing to become a father.

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
I sleep maybe 3-4hours a day

Wow, continuously doing that for years on end probably leads to severe problems. I cannot fathom how people are able to consistently deprive themselves of proper sleep.

hey, how about adoption?

onionberry said:
hey, how about adoption?

It depends on if she'd be okay with it. 

It depends on if I'd be okay with it, I'd just have to think of myself as a sperm doner.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

You better do a DNA test.

VGPolyglot said:
Cobretti2 said:
I sleep maybe 3-4hours a day

Wow, continuously doing that for years on end probably leads to severe problems. I cannot fathom how people are able to consistently deprive themselves of proper sleep.

I've never needed to sleep up. Don't know why lol.

I am the only one in my team at work who doesn't drink coffee and I am buzzing more han anyone in the office in the morning.

Even when I was a kid I could last a full week without sleep.