By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pikmin 3DS looks kinda bad

Looks fine to me. The gameplay seems to be focused more on puzzles and problem solving than strategy and time/resource management, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing for a spin-off.

Around the Network

It's on the Nintendo 3DS, what do you expect?

Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:

You can have more complex gameplay in 2D; Trine 1 & 2 for instance. What they've shown of Pikmin just reeks of a cheap, low quality filler game.

It doesn't look at all cheap, low quality filter compared to other 3DS 2D platforms, actually look decent and on pair with some other 3DS 2D platformers.

Even compared to other 2D sidescrollers on the system like Rayman Origins and DKCR, it looks subpar.

I think the other thing though is that the franchise just doesn't feel like a good fit for a 2D sidescroller in the first place.

And I will gladly stop being negative when Nintendo stops giving me reasons to be negative and starts giving me reasons to be positive instead.

It's a filler. A smaller project than the small real Pikmin projects. You can't expect more.

At least it looks better than their past fillers.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

It doesn't look at all cheap, low quality filter compared to other 3DS 2D platforms, actually look decent and on pair with some other 3DS 2D platformers.

Even compared to other 2D sidescrollers on the system like Rayman Origins and DKCR, it looks subpar.

I think the other thing though is that the franchise just doesn't feel like a good fit for a 2D sidescroller in the first place.

And I will gladly stop being negative when Nintendo stops giving me reasons to be negative and starts giving me reasons to be positive instead.

LIke people already stated look similar to Kirby 3DS, Pikmin 2D actualy look quite dicent for 3DS 2D platfomer, you acting like is look like worst 2D platform game on system and that offcourse inst true.

Well cant know from one small trailer, but it looks it can be interesting 2D Pikmin platformer with focus on puzzle solving.

You relly dont have any reason at this point to be negative, I get you didnt want 2D Pikmin platformer but this is just a spinoff and dont have anuthing with main 3D Pikmin games.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:

LIke people already stated look similar to Kirby 3DS, Pikmin 2D actualy look quite dicent for 3DS 2D platfomer, you acting like is look like worst 2D platform game on system and that offcourse inst true.

Well cant know from one small trailer, but it looks it can be interesting 2D Pikmin platformer with focus on puzzle solving.

You relly dont have any reason at this point to be negative, I get you didnt want 2D Pikmin platformer but this is just a spinoff and dont have anuthing with main 3D Pikmin games.

When Nintendo stops shoehorning beloved brand names onto subpar looking products, then I'll stop complaining about it.

I think it looks kinda fun. Nothing mind-blowing, but still...

I think it can be made into a complex and difficult game even if it only uses 2 dimensions.

This can easily be ported to mobiles also.
Touchscreen control of the pikmins looks like a very good fit for this game.