By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pikmin 3DS looks kinda bad

JWeinCom said:
This seems to be another case of "Nintendo did something different with a franchise and I don't like it".

Nintendo seems to really like the Pikmin franchise, and they're trying to introduce it to a new audience. Maybe you're right and it will suck, but there's no real way to determine that based on the little we've seen.

Let's think about the audience thing for a second...

I've had friends tell me that they can't enjoy the Pikmin games because they're too chaotic or because they find the time constraints stressful...

Pikmin was never going to have mass appeal because of the nature of the game but the characters are very marketable...

Perhaps Nintendo is aware of this, and this is an attempt to expand the brand...

Have a nice day...

Around the Network

Supposedly its made by Arzest, whose biggest project to date has been Yoshi's New Island.

Take the game for what it is, a low budget spinoff created by a small studio.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

leedlelee said:
JWeinCom said:
This seems to be another case of "Nintendo did something different with a franchise and I don't like it".

Nintendo seems to really like the Pikmin franchise, and they're trying to introduce it to a new audience. Maybe you're right and it will suck, but there's no real way to determine that based on the little we've seen.

Let's think about the audience thing for a second...

I've had friends tell me that they can't enjoy the Pikmin games because they're too chaotic or because they find the time constraints stressful...

Pikmin was never going to have mass appeal because of the nature of the game but the characters are very marketable...

Perhaps Nintendo is aware of this, and this is an attempt to expand the brand...

They've been doing this for a bit.  They have the Pikmin as part of the 3DS/Wii U OS (when you transfer) and they also did the Pikmin cartoons.  

The core franchise isn't going to get that much bigger than 2-3 million at best, but there's room for it to be a bit like Kirby in the amount and variety of spin offs.  I'm actually kind of excited for this.  There haven't been that many games for 3DS that emphasize touch controls, and it reminds me of Mass Attack.

curl-6 said:

It looks like something you'd download for 99 cents on the app store, but you can bet your arse Nintendo will be charging like $30 (or whatever a standard 3DS game costs) for it.

wow so negative

looks like a cool spin off tbh, could be pikmin amiibo festival, that would be bad.

Natsu said:
was this the pikimin 4 they were talking about or is that still gonna be NX or whatever?

Was confirmed that this is a different game

--

I do agree that it doesn't look nice, but is to be expected for a 3DS game :/

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Supposedly its made by Arzest, whose biggest project to date has been Yoshi's New Island.

Same thing I was going to point out.  Whenever Nintendo announces a new game, the first thing people should look at is which studio is making it to get an idea of what to expect.

wombat123 said:
zorg1000 said:

Same thing I was going to point out.  Whenever Nintendo announces a new game, the first thing people should look at is which studio is making it to get an idea of what to expect.

ya if this was being developed by one of the main EPD teams or Retro Studios or Monolith Soft than yeah i would be disappointed, but its by a small 2nd party developer who doesnt have an incredibly great track record.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Welp it will still sell in droves so nothing to do about sadly.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

alternine said:
Welp it will still sell in droves so nothing to do about sadly.

Man, do you even know what you are talking about half of the times? 

Pikmin has never sell in droves, nothing makes anyone think this will, and there is nothing sad about the possibility of the game having good sales unless is a terrible one, something that you can't possibly know as nobody has played it.

Goodnightmoon said:
curl-6 said:

If you have to do a Pikmin on a little screen like 3DS you can't go the traditional route, it would be a nightmare to play a normal pikmin there, so make it sidecroller is not a horrible option, wether the game will manage to be creative, varied and fun enough remains to be seen, I didn't find it very exciting but also not offensive in any way.

Small screens are the future, as in mobiles and pads (and NX?). This game could easily be ported to iPhone.

(Personally I liked the Pikmin version from Nintendoland. It was quite easy to see what to do and where to go)