By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pikmin 3DS looks kinda bad

With the likes of Mario Tennis Ultra Smash, Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival, and Metroid Prime Federation Force, there have been a lot of Nintendo games lately that feel like shallow, low quality cash-ins on a popular brand name. Sadly, Pikmin 3DS looks to me like it will be yet another example.

Pikmin games have always been about strategy and exploration, yet everything we've seen so far indicates this will be a simplistic sidescroller where you just walk left to right and tap to throw Pikmin.

It looks like something you'd download for 99 cents on the app store, but you can bet your arse Nintendo will be charging like $30 (or whatever a standard 3DS game costs) for it.

Around the Network

Unnecessary negativity, the game looked ok and it would be wise to wait and see what has to offer before bashing it. Doesn't look anything close to the level of Pikmin 3 but this ain't Amiibo Festival either.

Goodnightmoon said:
Unnecessary negativity, the game looked ok and it would be wise to wait and see what has to offer before bashing it. Doesn't look nothing close to the level of Pikmin 4 but this ain't Amiibo Festival either.

Perhaps "terrible" was overkill, I have amended the thread title to be less extreme.

I was careful to note that it I'm only saying it looks like it will be bad, not that it definitely is/will be bad. I could be wrong, I can only go on the evidence shown so far.

I thought it looked bad too TBH. Even for a 3DS game. However, Federation Force was at least still fun. Better purchase than Amiibo festival that's for sure

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

was this the pikimin 4 they were talking about or is that still gonna be NX or whatever?

Around the Network

I liked, however there is too many 2D platforms on 3DS, so it didn't stand out.

3DS, Wii, PSP, Vita, PS2, PS3, PS4 & Steam.

curl-6 said:
Goodnightmoon said:
Unnecessary negativity, the game looked ok and it would be wise to wait and see what has to offer before bashing it. Doesn't look nothing close to the level of Pikmin 4 but this ain't Amiibo Festival either.

Perhaps "terrible" was overkill, I have amended the thread title to be less extreme.

I was careful to note that it I'm only saying it looks like it will be bad, not that it definitely is/will be bad. I could be wrong, I can only go on the evidence shown so far.

If you have to do a Pikmin on a little screen like 3DS you can't go the traditional route, it would be a nightmare to play a normal pikmin there, so make it sidecroller is not a horrible option, wether the game will manage to be creative, varied and fun enough remains to be seen, I didn't find it very exciting but also not offensive in any way.

This seems to be another case of "Nintendo did something different with a franchise and I don't like it".

Nintendo seems to really like the Pikmin franchise, and they're trying to introduce it to a new audience. Maybe you're right and it will suck, but there's no real way to determine that based on the little we've seen.

another thread of people complaining about nintendo...

what did you want them to do? Make Pikmin 4 for a dying system?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Goodnightmoon said:
curl-6 said:

If you have to do a Pikmin on a little screen like 3DS you can't go the traditional route, it would be a nightmare to play a normal pikmin there, so make it sidecroller is not a horrible option

If the 3DS can't handle a proper Pikmin, then maybe they should use the same resources to create something from a different series that is more appropriate to the platform.