By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pikmin 3DS looks kinda bad

curl-6 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

But when you are doing a spin off the term "proper" is pretty relative, a spin off is supossed to be a different take on the franchise.

Also, about your despcription of the game on the op, is kind of funny, but that sounds exactly as how someone would define Kirby Mass Attack by watching a minute of gameplay, go from left to right tapping the screen to throw kirby clones, what a shitty game right? Except it wasn't, people liked it and it was mostly praised (83 on meta), I really liked it too, this game seems to have a very similar concept of gameplay, so yes, it could work, the only thing that has me worried is the studio behind.

Even as a spinoff though, it just looks quite low quality. And even for series spinoffs, people have certain expectations. For example, if I go to a restaurant and order a pizza, and they give me a pancake instead, I'm not gonna be overly thrilled.

probably the worst analogy ive ever heard

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Looks like gampley is focused on puzzle solving and actualy looks decent, but of course you can't have combat and action in 2D platformer like you have in 3D Pikmin.

You can have more complex gameplay in 2D; Trine 1 & 2 for instance. What they've shown of Pikmin just reeks of a cheap, low quality filler game.

you have seen a whopping 1 minute of gameplay.......

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
curl-6 said:

You can have more complex gameplay in 2D; Trine 1 & 2 for instance. What they've shown of Pikmin just reeks of a cheap, low quality filler game.

So have you, but you're still going to defend it.

Oh, Arzest is developing this. I thought it was Ninteno, Not that Arzest sucks or anything but they have mixed results.

curl-6 said:
zorg1000 said:

So have you, but you're still going to defend it, because it's Nintendo.

no, im going to defend it because there is too little footage of it to make any type of conclusion about the games quality.

there is literally nothing shown so far to lead anyone to believe this game will be terrible, just as there isnt enough for anyone to believe that it will be amazing.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
curl-6 said:

So have you, but you're still going to defend it, because it's Nintendo.

no, im going to defend it because there is too little footage of it to make any type of conclusion about the games quality.

there is literally nothing shown so far to lead anyone to believe this game will be terrible, just as there isnt enough for anyone to believe that it will be amazing.

We've seen a slice of several pieces of gameplay, from problem solving to a boss battle, and all of it looked bad.

It is possible that the rest of the game might still be good? Sure, but it seems unlikely. 

curl-6 said:
zorg1000 said:

We've seen a slice of several pieces of gameplay, from problem solving to a boss battle, and all of it looked bad.

It is possible that the rest of the game might still be good? Sure, but it seems unlikely. 

clearly they showed off the more basic problem solving tasks and an early boss battle, this is to show off the concept and how the game plays.

you dont start off by showing the more advanced puzzles and final boss then backtrack to the more basic features.

you know that feeling when you get disappointed from a movie because they show all the cool/funny/scary moments and spoil major plot points in the trailer?

this is the opposite of that, not saying it will turn out great or anything but certainly too soon to make such bold claims about the game.

zorg1000 said:
curl-6 said:

clearly they showed off the more basic problem solving tasks and an early boss battle, this is to show off the concept and how the game plays.

you dont start off by showing the more advanced puzzles and final boss then backtrack to the more basic features.

you know that feeling when you get disappointed from a movie because they show all the cool/funny/scary moments and spoil major plot points in the trailer?

this is the opposite of that, not saying it will turn out great or anything but certainly too soon to make such bold claims about the game.

I'm not stating anything as fact, just saying what it looks like from what they've shown.

Goodnightmoon said:

But when you are doing a spin off the term "proper" is pretty relative, a spin off is supossed to be a different take on the franchise.

Also, about your despcription of the game on the op, is kind of funny, but that sounds exactly as how someone would define Kirby Mass Attack by watching a minute of gameplay, go from left to right tapping the screen to throw kirby clones, what a shitty game right? Except it wasn't, people liked it and it was mostly praised (83 on meta), I really liked it too, this game seems to have a very similar concept of gameplay, so yes, it could work, the only thing that has me worried is the studio behind.

Glad to see Im not the only one who thinks of Mass Attack when I see this. I feel like it will turn out a bit like that honestly. 

To the OP: Eh I'm not one to jump to quickly on the negativity train. I still want to see more of the game. I at least take solace that this more than likely not Pikmin 4. It it was they would have already said so. 

curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Looks like gampley is focused on puzzle solving and actualy looks decent, but of course you can't have combat and action in 2D platformer like you have in 3D Pikmin.

It doesn't look at all cheap, low quality filter compared to other 3DS 2D platforms, actually look decent and on pair with some other 3DS 2D platformers.

I dont say game will be good or bad, but you are again very negative like usual.