By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - August 2016 NPD Thread! Hardware and software estimates up!

Hopefully we can get hardware numbers when the software charts come out this Thursday.

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
UltimateGamer1982 said:
Xbox taking back that throne baby!

Folks, you need to stop this. The only reason the XB1 won last month is because of pre-orders, and the only reason they won the month before (by 10k) is because they were selling the old stock off at $50 - $100 off with 2/3/4 games and a $50 gift voucher. Nobody is saying that they can't turn it around (in the US) but right now there's nothing at all to suggest Sony isn't still in the driving seat. It just makes you look silly in the long run. This isn't downplaying anything before anyone says anything, this is just common sense.

Give it time and see. Who knows what will happen in the coming months. Perhaps MS will eventually be able to turn things around but right now it's back to normal with the PS4 outselling the XB1, and the PS4 will take November for exactly the same reason the XB1 took August.

Comment was intended as satire. PS4 is obviously this gen's winner. It has the games. The sales. The install base. The popularity. I myself however don't care about any of that and play games on all platforms. Whether it's PlayStation, Xbox or Nintendo, as long as the games are good, I'll play them.  

Looks like Cream is MIA too. Thus NPD has successfully quelled all the leakers.

Standar ps4 price in my country drops 50 euro in all models. Now all with games cost 300 and 350 for 500gb and 1tb model each respectively

Intrinsic said:
zuvuyeay said:
xbox have done well,i think they will take the USA for gen 8 now which is important for them

i assume xbox have phased out the xbox1 and just having the xbox1-s and scorpio right

Wait what?

From winning two months alone this year? Or is there something else going on I have missed 

Some people live in a alternate world.

Around the Network
Swordmasterman said:
Noobie said:
Don't see any numbers. Is aqua banned here too?

I don't think that Vgchartz would do such a thing. Maybe Aqua isn't alowed to share the numbers anymore.

But why sales numbers are such a problem for NPD to publish it? I mean sales numbers are just.....sales numbers.

Robomado said:

But why sales numbers are such a problem for NPD to publish it? I mean sales numbers are just.....sales numbers.

Companies pay big money for those numbers. So if someone is just giving them out for free, it hurts business. 

FIT_Gamer said:
Robomado said:

Companies pay big money for those numbers. So if someone is just giving them out for free, it hurts business. 

IIRC 4-5 years ago numbers that were published were not a problem. Well, now they are

100k down only 1.7 million to go ;)

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Qwark said:
100k down only 1.7 million to go ;)

But is it 100k? Man NPD will be terrible if no more leaks will arrive. We will have nothing to work with anymore

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!