By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Slim, $299, September 15th - PS4 Pro, $399, November 10th

I think Slim could have been cheaper just to distance itself, but this is cool. I'm all over Pro. Hope there's a decent trade deal.

Around the Network
sabvre42 said:
They didn't actually announce the specs did they?

Nope but basically, it upscales to 4k but renders at a higher resolution than 1080p. They said boosted cpu so that obviously means no Zen like some people were predicting. And they didn't mention any frame rate increase at any resolution which some people were also predicting.

All in all, the benefit is a) @1080p, people will get higher details b) @ higher res, people will get ps4 level details c) The framerate should be more stable with the boosted cpu

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Good move. That's how you do announcements ib this era: nearest posible to launch.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I'm happy with my current PS4 and don't feel the need to upgrade, but great prices for those who do.

RJ_Sizzle said:
I think Slim could have been cheaper just to distance itself, but this is cool. I'm all over Pro. Hope there's a decent trade deal.

Maybe that's the tactic? why would you buy a ps4 if you can buy a much better ps4 for $100 more.

Around the Network
Culipechi said:
The price is low because the machine is nothing special.

Yet the content and consumers are behind them. This will obliterate every chance MS had in the console market and its a huge issue for anything Nintendo throws out with the NX. SOny pretty much solidified its already m,assive lead in the console market, and nothing will stop this moving train.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

44,980 yen? Noooooo ! WHY not 40,000 yen?

still salty about the the design tho, everything is perfect except the triple grilled cheese design :P

Pavolink said:
Good move. That's how you do announcements ib this era: nearest posible to launch.

So that people do not know that will not run 4k/60fps.

hunter_alien said:
Culipechi said:
The price is low because the machine is nothing special.

Yet the content and consumers are behind them. This will obliterate every chance MS had in the console market and its a huge issue for anything Nintendo throws out with the NX. SOny pretty much solidified its already m,assive lead in the console market, and nothing will stop this moving train.

Yes. An extra 2TFLOPS a whole year later is too little too late, the competition will fall even further behind from here on.